ces might have it

Posted , 5 users are following.

if been suffering with siatica after a herniated disc for 3 years nearly so I was told then it seemed down for a bit then last year bang it was back really bad pain down my leg and into my ankle .I was sent for more physio to be told I never had a herniated disc told me to do more exisises 6 sessions later I was no better I asked weather a x-ray should be done was pushed out on that idea told me to drink more warter. back to my own gp again told me to see there physio one a month same story put me on amitipylin and codine told me it was my sacrolit joint do more exissises and come back in a month so I went back and this time he agreed to send me to a spinal clinic and in his own words he didn't see what could the could do but hay o was sent for mri standing one but ended up have both as one broke on me . 2 weeks later I get the news l5 is degenerative and have in the words the used a squashed flat nerve root and she would refer me to the Walton hospital as they could not do anymore .5 weeks ago was il been sick next thing the worst pain I ever had in my left leg was like it was on fire I couldn't sit stand walk was worse that hurting my disc to be fair. I went and e told them what had happened my history ECT done bloods couldn't do no more for me sent me home with 2 diazipan. since then I've been suffering with pins in needles in both feet legs go numb after sitting for a short while iv stood up after sitting the floor with my son legs went couldn't feal them nearly drop the boy my feet constantly hurt like I'm walking over eggshells and it's worse in the morning my bowls movements are all over the place spentweeks going once a week which now have settled down I phoned the hospital was told it would be 26 week wait turns out my hospital had not sent the scan results or any medical history with the referral letter which is sorted now I'm worring I may be suffering with this ces and have been for weeks and what is the likely good of them doing emergency surgury when they see me sorry I no it's a long post and not the best written oh btw I'm only 41 and feal like my legs are of 60 year old who has just run a marathon no disrespect to older people too lol I would like your honest opinion

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello

Oh dear you have had and are having a rough time of it ..as seems to be with all folk who have these undiagnosed symptoms going on .. my only advice is keep turning up at a and e till something is done .. it seems strange you have not been treated asap ! I have have had similar carry on but I have been advised if any changes at all in bowel or bladder to go straight to the spinal unit and they will operate .. keep shouting I say ..

• Posted

my point is on the second it's the first one I could have and I only got that when the hospital do a fax for me after I started to suffer with the last lot of symptoms the hospital where I'm from are not very good as they never sent any info with the first letter just woried when they see me they will want to op straight away or how dad it is il no more soon enough one way or another

• Posted

CES presents with saddle numbness and changes in bladder and bowels. If any of those occur surgery within 24 hours is your best chance for return of the damaged nerves. Only an MRI will show CES. They will most likely miss CES symptoms because its rare and try and blame it on something else. Insist on a MRI. I was initially sent home after an injection of anti inflamatory and went back a few hours later when I could no longer urinate on my own. MRI showed L4 and L5 herniated into the nerves causing CES. Surgery done within 24 hours and two years of therapy to get back to about 85 percent return. Right foot is numb for good but from what I have read im lucky.

• Posted

now I'm starting to worry reading that my but checks go numb when sitting just woried that's all il 're what the surgeon says tomorrow just hope they can free the nerve before it's 2 late

• Posted

I had all that in 6 days in 2008 my world change I was sent home and I had a go letter when they did admit me I was left in bed with a wee bottle I could not go any way late on a Tues I had a Mir scan. I was in bed in the early hours I had a 999 ambulance crew take me from my bed I was told they were waiting at kings they had seen my scans. I was going straight to theatres. I had a big decompression l5 l4 l3 the Nero surgeon said I had suffered serve nerve damage he said my bowel and bladder will end up with bags. I have mobility issues. I did lose my bowel movement stop I have a colostomy and a ileal conduit wee stoma I sued and the princess royal in farnbourgh Kent just settle out of court 1.1 million.

I have had a lot of operation I would never of had if they had done the scan and ammited me straight away. I have had a sub pubic catheter that made my bladder sore so I had the ideal conduit stoma. they left my bladder in but that went septic so the lot was removed then I had a massive hernia that at to be done then I had a load of small hernia they struggled so they at to be done I have had 2 colostomy revisions.

I have been cut up the middle so many times. that Nov 2017 I had c5c6c7 plates cages titiuam put in the at the being of Nov this year the spotted a mass at l3 l4

I had the operation with in a fortnight as my good leg was going numb. I had 7 hours of surgury I had rods plates instrumentation and fusion from my lower back right up. The pain after was the worst pain. I have a lovely big scar still a bit sore but the pain I still can't stand up right I have heavy pain killer.

Even after the 1st operation I suffer my leg go's died with out warn I have weakness in my right leg now my strong legs is getting worst I have had back pain since the 2008 operation I was 50 then I am 61 in 2weeks I have lost of bad sensation walking on a pebble Beach in bare feet hot and cold water intense pins and needles.i want to keep mobile I can't do much..I can't feel anything from my belly button to my thighs. I can't under stand ur medical people u are clearly in ces. I have permant ces I am one of the worst case.in the UK.

the back people at guys my surgeon did not give me a choice he said it could be big they done 5 ops at the same time When I see him he said I have got support now I had none they done the last op but at to deal with l4 l5 had fused together and caused a lot of damage he said I she never have more surgery as they have done top middle and bottom he said he could see all the dead nerves. I had 2 major blips while under. The also done x-ray the next day I had a infection under my right lung and 1 in my chest. I had temperature spike of over 40 so I was have antibiotics in the arm and also a drip I even bought some home with me so I have had 11 ops and they are getting dangerous. I am glad I am under guys I live in Kent I was so fit before all this they say that why I have got through it all.

Sorry to go on but u must get this done get a solicitor that will make them move car needs urgent surgury not to be sent home with pills U won't get well if u don't have the operation it will do the compression but u still could have the back pain and nerve pain that's the hospitals fault what are the stupid my surgeon had me in straight away. as soon as he had the theatre time.

if u want to talk message me

• Posted

think as so as I'm sorted I will be speaking to a solicitors and Another thing I do a manual job so don't know how long it's going to take to recover from and wtf sounds like your hospital is worse than mine

• Posted

believe it or not I worked 11 years at the same hospital at night I was night manager but I broke my thumb and wrist they would not heal I was off sick for 4 years. I went out on industrial injury. Then I worked with the mod security. for 10 years was give a early retirement so i have 2 nhs pension and 1 mod. all paying well.

if the had operated in the 1st 48 hours I would have had very little damage. When kings who are now in a trust with princess royal at Farnborough in orpington

the operation kings done they never supported my back. that's been done now I have had spacers rods and plates fusion and instrumentation with titiuam cages.

If I need as a direct consequence all these operation I would have held out for double. So have u had the operation. if u have house insurance u can get a solicitor through that I did the 100.000 was used in the 1st year we had a big meeting with all the experts and it was found by my barrister that I could win so I sued the hospital and bendenden hospital as their urologist was found to have let me down I won as they had a massive failuring in a and e procedures. and that why they settle they have been good to me . they played all the cost and done even more. I think it helped that some of the high up managers were some I interviewed and gave jobs to as it was strange the day they rang my law time they were round my house as we had booked the court time. But they wanted it to never go to court it would have given other a chance to sue.

• Posted

after 140 mile trip to to hospital to be told when I got there at 2.30 my appointment was at half 9 so no farther forward now my legs I see my muscles twitching in my legs reception were told to make another asap which is 3 weeks away now

• Posted

Yes I know the pain my Nero surgeon said he done the decompression which was l5 l4 l3 but I said the pain is still bad he said the pain would stay. Then last nov the back surgeon at guys said i need a back operation i had a bad compression that would have put me in a wheel chair.

point I am making is the pain stays as it's nerve pain.

I think ur treatment as been terrible.

you must look in to neglect so u could have a case. The back operation will be painful after.

• Posted

I'm expecting it to be bad afterwards do u think a month or so I will be back at work my legs feel weak at the min my calf musscles feal like there have been in cramps

• Posted

just an update surgeon gas told me to have injections but said the nerve is squashed and surgury might not help it do u think I need a second opinion

• Posted

turns out l5/s1 is comprest not the left and some on the right with bone spurs and my facet joint is hypertrophy which I think means it arthritis but woke up this morning a little bit wet dint even no I had done it but the day before really needed to go but nothing much was happening and had to force it out does that sound normal or should I worry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.