Cauda equina

Posted , 2 users are following.

Was does cauda equina non clinical mean on hospital report please

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

the word clinical means it meets clinical criterion. perhaps you are having a disc bulge at the level of the cauda equina nerves however are not manifesting a full clinical picture. more information on your signs and symptoms would be helpful.

hope this helps.

chrioli

• Posted

Hello

Thank You for replying to me .. I had terrible pain in buttock down to my foot for weeks .. finally got on amitriptine which keeps it at bay .. they sent me for mri and as soon as results came back a week later my doc told me to get to hosp quick as poss .. six hours later after various poking about and a Neuro surgeon looking at result in another hospital I was told I could go home ? With a follow up app in two weeks .. it says caude equina on the report ... I'm very careful what I'm doing now until seen again .. have I got it or not? I have no numbness now but I did have when the pain was so bad in my feet and near ankle but no numbness in the saddle as people mention ? No app come yet it preys on the mind all the time and very aware of any changes !!

• Posted

to qualify as a diagnosis the impingement on the cauda equina nerves must cause saddle numbness, urinary retention or incontinence, bowel retention or incontinence. numbness and pain in legs or difficulty walking and sexual numbness. but CAROL, dont wait till you have these.. you want to prevent them. keep a keen eye on how you are doing and go back immediately with any changes. i have CeS and trust me, you don't want it. best wishes. leep in touch!

• Posted

Thank You for that I'm sorry for you if you have the demon .. I will get my follow up.sup.soon I expect .. Just hoping there is a preventative on nhs offer available to me if it's waiting in the wings..

Thank you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.