Am I making my partner sick?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My boyfriend and I have only been dating for a couple of months but we’ve begun to notice that every time we see each other, it’s almost guaranteed that he has flu like symptoms the next day (fever, aches, cold sweats, congestion) and these symptoms tend to clear up within 48 hours. But then we spend time together again and it’s been a continuous cycle. He’s been sick for a lot of our relationship. He also has ulcerative colitis which is under control but from what I understand, it has suppressed his immune system quite a bit. I also work as an EMT, so I am constantly around all types of people but I, myself never get sick. I do make an effort to shower before seeing him, especially if I’m getting off work. Could I be passing something onto him anyway via kissing/intimacy?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Do you have pets? It's jumping out at me as URI caused by an allergic reaction to... well pet hair or pollen or something...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.