Am I over reacting??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Today I came home and projectile vomited everywhere! And what was the first thing that came to Rachel's head? Oh that's a symptom of a brain tumour! So now Rachel is back to square one again thinking I'm terminally ill with a brain tumour and thinking my doctor has missed it and misdiagnosed me about it being anxiety, HOW DO I STOP THESE HORRIBLE NEGATIVE THOUGHTS! And by the way I did eat a lot last night from the curry shop and them McDonald's and Starbucks this morning so no wonder I was sick this morning?? But no Rachel's stupid health anxiety makes me think different😩

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have health anxiety too, it's horrible.  I'm constantly going to the doctors, I swear they think I'm pathetic as I'm always going to them, when I leave the doctors I feel better but then a few hours later I'm thinking they have got it wrong and misdiagnosed
  • Posted

Hi I have health anxiety and I constantly think jve got a brain tumour, hate it, i have a headache the first thing I think of is brain Tumour, I have jaw pain I think something bad is gonna happen.. Hate thinking like this, wish I could think happy thought ya except brain tumour x
  • Posted

I am exactly the same! I have a sore neck sometimes and I'm quite twitchy and am convinced that I've got a brain tumor half the time! I just have to think that if I did have one I'm sure I would feel a lot worse and would be having awful headaches etc sad 
  • Posted

racheal this is your anxiety talking see it as a parrot on your shoulders and knock it off, its the food u ate that as made u sick , try doing beathing excises to vanish this unhealthy thought, take care x
  • Posted

Hi Rachel, one good thing I see from your post is that you recognise the most likely reason you vomited which is no surprise "curry shop"!!! But obviously your anxiety disorder wants to tell you otherwise. Listen to the logical Rachel, Julie and parrot is a good analogy. You could also say I'm 50% certain it's the curry which I'm telling myself and 50% it's a tumour as my anxiety is telling me, I choose to believe me as I'm 100% more rational than my anxiety. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.