Am I overly paranoid about herpes?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all! I’m a 18 year old female. 

I recently went out with a guy yesterday, and we made out, but it did not go any further than that. After it, I felt extremely paranoid because I was worried about contracting something from him or myself giving him something. As from my knowledge I used to have cold sores when I was little. Obviously cold sores are a form of herpes caused from HVS-1 or can be caused HVS-2 (But there needs to be some type of sexual contact for this to happen. I’m aware that I am a carrier of HVS-1 but I’m worried about the guy that I kissed. I didn’t ask him before kissing him if he ever gotten cold sores before.. So I’m terrified of the fact that I could have possibly infected him if he has never been exposed to the virus. I’m also worried that I could have possibly contracted from something as well.. As irrational as it sounds my chances are extremely low considering If he had HVS-1 I would be in the clear. Yet.. What about HVS-2? I did some research and it did say that you can contract HVS-2 from oral sex.. Which I did not do to him. But what if there’s a possibility he already had it orally and gave it to me by kissing me?! I’m not sure what to do at this point.. Like I’ve been obsessing over this for hours and I can’t get my mind off of it. I’m extremely paranoid about STDS, and kissing someone just throws me off the edge with anxiety that I may have contracted something. I’ve been tested for STDS numerous times because I freak out that every little thing I do exposes me to it. Of course it comes back negative all the time, everything and I mean everything. I’ve recently started being sexually active, and I do practice safe sex all the time. But the one time I kiss a guy.. I literally can’t stop thinking about it hes giving me something or I’ve given him SOMETHING.. When the only thing I could possibly give is a cold sore if they haven’t been exposed to herpes..! If someone could really clear this up for me it would really help.. I’ve been losing sleep over this and if I have to I’m willing to get tested again just to ease my head so I can sleep tonight..

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.