Am I overweight?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 14 and today I went for a blood test at the doctor's. They obviously weighed me and took my height before they did it e.t.c. I saw I weighed 12.5 stone, and I presumed that was normal weight.

However, when I got home, I searched what the average weight and height for a 14 year old boy was. It alarmed me when it said the average weight is 11 stone, and I began thinking I was fat. But, I am also a little bit taller than average as I am 5'7 and the average is 5'3. I thought I might weight more due to my height. I do have a bit of puppy/baby fat on my stomach and chest, but nothing more than that. I can carry out tasks like normal and go out at least once in a day. However I do snack now and again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Matt.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You are okay, your BMI Is good....but if you feel you are not comfortible inbox me
    • Posted

Hi you just posted that hulls BMI was ok, can I ask where you gathered the information from as it is not correct
  • Posted

Hi yea ok for someone your age you are probably a little over what would be classified as normal but I wouldn't get too hung up on it and just maybe sit down with mum and tell her you're concerns and ask her if she can maybe alter your diet a little, at your age it want take much to lose the amount you need to get you toned and probably feeling better, do you do adequate exercise in a week as being sedantry want help either

• Posted

Hello

This is very normal that fat gets deposited in the belly, waistline and other parts of the body here and there. Probably, your unhealthy food habit and modern lifestyle could be one of the reasons for that. I think you can try some natural weight loss pills such as Pro Plus Garcinia and other such dietary supplements that suppress your appetite and gives you the feeling of being fuller for a longer time and is safe to use provided you do not have any other health issue when you are going to use it.

• Posted

Hi Olivia, did you happen to notice the age of poster, I think maybe he is a little young to be given appetite suppressants.

Also I see he hasn't been active online since this thread was started so presume like a lot of people he want reply to anyone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.