Am I really sick or is it health anxiety?!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I’m new to this and a self diagnosed hypochondriac! I’m freaking out this evening as I have a bad earache and headache and I’m tired and now thanks to google all I think is I have meningitis! What should I do

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Please calm down, I am feeling like that all week...its the flu I have...you probably have it too, if you google your symptoms, you will end up thinking you only have a week to live......try not to google...x

• Posted

no sign of any kind of flu! could this all be anxiety related? just started with earache then as i googled i felt a headache come on too! now i feel lots of symptoms. I keep almost drifting off to sleep which is a sign of meningitis but it is midnight so maybe im just exhausted. i hate health anxiety!

• Posted

yes health anxiety is awful...I have it too, just try to think rationally. if you had meningitis, you would feel a lot worse, and have a fever too...you are just tired, and your health anxiety is blowing all these symptoms out of porportion...just think, I have an earache,and a headache...take a painkiller and go to bed, try not to dwell on it...A little tip massage right between your eyebrows...it eases any headache....

• Posted

You believe you haven't got meningitis that's what. If you listen to Dr Google you will go from a mild headache to dead in 3 clicks. x

• Posted

Sounds like sinus congestion or the start of the flu bug. Many people are sick.

• Posted

have you ever got your MRI done? after extreme anxiety for a year, i got it done and it shows lesions .. doctor says autoimmune encephalopathy and put me on steroids. i want to die and thinking why he ruled out meningitis . i could have it . but couldnt discuss with him

• Posted

oh no! i have had an ct on my brain 3/4 years ago, ive never heard of this! what were your symptons? how are you now?

• Posted

Hi

It's your choice, but i would go for a second opinion.

John

• Posted

katie

It's for you get yourself checked out professionally, and worries will not bother you.

john

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.