Am i right to be worried?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello friends and patients alike

2-3 months ago i started to have ribbon stools this has moved on to being constipated at times and having the runs at times and most stools are flakey.. 

i now have sickness at the morning time and discomfort post bowel movement in my stomache

i have seen the doctor 3 times but they won't send me for a colonoscopy because im 29, i have asked for tests to which i now have an IBD/IBS test a full blood count test and some other fecal tests

whats worrying me now is for a few hours every morning im waking up heaving and almost being sick "today i was" im quite tired allot and im obviously scared.

im freaking out and don't know what to do i can't stop crying but i have no blood or weightloss

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dale you may not have cancer- it could be something else-crohns/diverticular disease/ibs ..........

Until you have results of your tests- ask your doctor for something to calm you down as you seem over anxious-which is not helping how you feel. Is your diet good ?(re your stools)-if you don't drink plenty of fluids and I mean plain water and eat lots of veg/fruit-then your stools will be stringy-

If you suffer a lot with constipation I suggest asking doc for Laxido- or can be bought at chemists

which is what I take-it takes time to work-(2/3 days)-but bulks up stools!

Is there another doc that you could see who would maybe help you more ?

I have had bowel cancer and my symptoms were not like yours-I definitely didn't have sickness or nausea a.m. But had stomach pain sometimes.

Do you know of any family history of cancer-do you have any close relatives who have had it ?

(mine was genetic- father had it) my diet was good - I was told if I'd been a vegan it wouldn't have made much difference.

Hope your luck will be good

Susan

• Posted

Hello susan thanks for the reply i appreciate it.

There is no history in my family what so ever of cancers my diet is bad but im trying to fix it smile 

• Posted

You need to have a colonoscopy to rule out many possible causes of your symptoms. It's a must. Demand one from your doctor and if they refuse go to another one. Do not be brushed off. Sometimes you have to fight to get answers... you're in charge of your own health. Good luck.

• Posted

Dale I agree with Ashley I would demand a colonoscopy piece of mind means everything I'm having problems and haven't been demanding and now my problems are much worse for a year now you definitely don't want this to drag on I hope you find help keep us posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.