Am I Still Protected?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I asked this question in the wrong group and got no replies so I'm going to repost here:

So I'm on a combined birth control pill and I accidentally took my pill about three hours late. I take mine at 9 o clock PM though and so by the time I remembered it was 12 AM. So my last pill was a little over 24 hours after the previous one. I was wondering if I'm still protected because it says online I should be as long as I took my next one at the correct time the next day. I did that, however I also read that if you're on the first week of a new pack it can be less effective. Which I am.

The language they use to explain everything really confuses me so I'm wondering if I'm still perfectly protected or not? Even if so if I had unprotected sex but my partner did not finish inside my body, am I still okay?

Another important detail is that I skipped my period and went straight to a new pack, therefore I never really gave myself that "break."

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

your are ok, periods which you get are not natural, just withdrawal.

continue pills as usual

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.