Skip to content
Ad

Contraception

Also known as Combined Oral Contraceptives (COC), Condoms, Diaphragms and Caps, Emergency Contraception, Intrauterine Device/System, Mini-pill, Mirena, Morning After Pill, Nexplanon

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Coming off depo - how long til you get back to normal?

Hi all, I have seen a lot of posts about those coming off depo provera but nothing recent. My last injection ran out last June (2016) just before i got married as i knew it could take about 12 months for your body to get back to normal. So far i have nothing - no bleeds, no cramps. I have recently...

Last reply
  • Coming off the depo injection

I came off the depo injection in November 2016 ever since then I've had the majority of the symptoms stated for come off it. Pregnancy like symptoms, -aching boobs, weight gain, head aches, nausea etc my period is back and quite heavy and irregular also. It's been 4 months now and there's...

Last reply
  • Depo Provera side effects

I've been on depo for nearly 4 years and had some minor side effects on the way, breast tenderness, headaches, mood swings etc. The last couple of times I've got the shot, I've felt incredibly sick and hot/cold for the next few days afterwards. All of the symptoms that are normally minor...

Last reply
  • Prolonged period/bleeding on Cerelle (mini pill)

I've recently started the progesterone only pill (Cerelle)  and forgot to take it for around 5 hours. I then had my regular period however when it should have stopped (7 days) it instead continued on for 13 days. After finishing my first pack of pills I decided to change the time I take it from...

Posted
  • Period problems on Cerelle mini pill

I was taken off the combined pill Yasmin due to nasty migraines and went straight from that onto Cerelle. I've been on it for almost 3 months now and seem to bleeding a lot. In fact I've had 6 periods now in such a short space of time. So I seem to be bleeding more days than not bleeding. After...

Last reply
  • Bleeding after Mirena removal

Hi I'm new to posting. Hope I have right place. I had coil removed 3 weeks ago had light bleeding for about 5 days. It's now 3 weeks later and I've got heavy bleeding. I had one ovary removed and tube detached from other ovary on same procedure.So this can't be a period. Is it because...

Posted
  • IUD Non-hormonal Copper Coil Side Effects?

Hi everyone, I'm 34, no children, had a T-Safe copper coil fitted about 7 months ago after taking COC for almost 6 years (Dianette, Cerazette, Yasmin). I had no problem with the coil, just slight discomfort and spotting after insertion and heavier and longer periods which doesn't bother me, at...

Last reply
  • Worried about newly inserted Mirena

Hi everyone I had the Mirena insterted yesterday at 5:30pm. I'm 21, never had one before, never had a smear or anything like that. I found the insertion incredibly painful & have had pretty horrible cramps since. Bled quite badly last night but have been pretty much clear today.  I decided...

Posted
  • Period very early after MAP... a good sign?

I had unprotected sex around day 9-10 of my cycle... I then took a MAP the following day. I had some of the common side effects for a couple days but more recently (a week after taking it) I seem to have started on my period. It started as some light bleeding but has got heavier and is accompanied by...

Posted
  • Copper Coil and weight loss

Hi can I ask if anyone has come off the pill had the copper coil fitted and managed to lose weight. I've put 3 stone on and can't budge it. I'm going for a consultation on Monday for the coil. I think what I'll find weird is I've never had a period in years so will not be looking...

Last reply
  • Constant brown discharge

I've had the implant since around February time and had no proper periods except random bleeding and brown discharge that usually went away. Just recently I've had pelvic discomfort and constant brown discharge. Yesterday I had a pelvic ultrasound which the guy said looked normal; no masses...

Last reply
  • On Yaz and feel like I have bleeding incontinence.

My age: 22  Always have had painful periods since I first got them at age 12.  My Doctor decided to put me on Yaz after I went to her because my periods were so painful, and kept getting worse. I was missing work. She said she thinks that I may have endometriosis but it wasn't an...

Posted
  • Bleeding for over a month whilst on cerelle

Hi I've been prescribed cerelle to stop my periods as I'm anemic and suffer extremely painful periods, I was prescribed cerelle on the 26th of June and have been bleeding everyday and night since being on it I've taken it the right time everyday and haven't missed one I just wanted to...

Posted
  • Cerazette vs generic

I went to the gp today to get cerazette after doing days of reading on it and finally convincing myself that I would give it a try. Before that I read that people who were doing well on cerazette were given cerelle and it messed them up. So I made sure to tell my dr I want cerazette not cerelle, she...

Last reply
  • Heavy bleeding !

I gave birth just over 16 weeks ago. I didn't get my first period until 10 weeks later. Which was really heavy and bit watery, it was literally just pouring out of me (TMI)! Also having stringy bloody discharge. I started taking the pill during that period which lasted 7 days. A week later I got...

Posted
  • Desogestrel pill

Iv been on this pill for couple of months now and everything has been fine ... until a few days ago I started spotting really light in the day while at work on night I do not seem to spot (weird I know) but I'm cramping slightly and it's so light no pad or tampax is needed it's mainly when...

Posted
  • Stopping the pill

Hi all! I'd really appreciate some advice. I'm having an awful time on the pill ! Very up and down with emotions and really sore breasts . So I want to stop taking , I am currently half way through my pack and I understand that I may have some side effect quoting half way and that I need to...

Posted
  • Is the pill responsible for my mood swings?

Hi, I have been on the pill since I was 16 due to really bad period pain. I'm now in my 20s but recently I find myself getting very annoyed and just not acting like myself, it's like I see red and forget who I am. I also then cry a lot afterwards and switch between being sad and annoyed. I've...

Posted
  • Painful cramping 1 week after having copper coil fitted.

Hi, Just looking for a bit of advice. I had a copper coil fitted at my GP a week ago today. The procedure went fine and afterwards I experienced some left sided pain in my pelvis (nothing too bad, more like a full ache), however that went away after 24 hours. Since then it's generally been fine....

Last reply
  • Which Contraception next??

In September last year I went onto Microgynon 30 as this was what I was on when younger. It was working fine up until about January when I started to have some fresh blood following sex. GP said the hormone level was too high so switched me to Microgynon 20. The bleeding stopped but I was getting horrendous...

Posted
  • Saying goodbye to contraception!

So for the past 6-7 years ive been on contraception. First i had the IUD ( implant) for 5 years and after having too many issues i thought the pill would be my answer to everything...my lord was i wrong! I was firstly prescribed the combined pill ( can't remeber the name of it), i took it for 3...

Last reply
  • Am I pregnant

Hello I have been on the pill since June 21st ( 1st day of my last period). Yesterday night my partner ejaculated on my vagina. And a bit got inside. Can I get pregnant? I am supposed to have my false period 3 days from now. Thanks

Last reply
  • Copper coil / IUD insertion review 2015

I feel there is an unfair amount of negative reviews of coil insertions online. I had mine fitted two days ago now, but the week leading to my appointment I was torturing myself by reading every insertion review and account, especially of those childless. So come the fitting, I was extremely nervous...

Last reply
  • 5 years and the nexplanon is coming out tomorrow!

So, I've had the Nexplanon for 5 years in total ( obv this is my 2nd one) I suffer with - Anxiety, depression, spots, greasy skin , mood swings and MASSIVE weight gain. My first implant sent me from a size 10 to a size 16 border line 18 (I'm 21 so this isn't normal). My second implant...

Last reply
  • Persistent ovary/pelvic pain

Hi ive been on the depo injection since november last year i seem to have been fine on it up intil recently where i have been spotting every other day and experiencing a constant dull ache in my lower right side of my belly just above the hip, has anyone experienced this before?

Last reply
  • Loestrin 20

Need some I've been on this pill for a month now & when I first asked my doctor he said that I've got to take it for a month then I'll have my period but whilst on the pill I've had my period for 2 weeks it was light for the first week but on the 2nd week it's been painfully heavy...

Last reply
  • 2 month injection

Hey everyone I was hoping that someone could help me. My girlfriend is on the 2 month injection but she missed her injection on the 2nd of July. I just wanted to know if she would get an injection on the 30th of July will the injection work? And is their any health risks that could come to light?

Posted
  • Weight loss after Mirena

Hi ladies, I've gained a whole 14lbs from the Mirena which I had inserted 28/02/17 I'd like to know if it's common to shift the weight after having it removed? I'm due to have it removed next week. I've been trying hard to loose the weight but no luck so far :-( x

Posted
  • 2 month injection

Hi all just want to know whether someone had a similiar case My fianciee is on the two month injection but we were out of the country and missed the injection that she had to get the 2nd of July... Now we wpuld like to know if she would get the injection on the 22nd of July would it be effective? And...

Posted
  • Rigevidon

So I've been prescribed the pill to help With my periods as they are like every two weeks and really painful, I just so worried about clots as I've seen in places that people have died, is this really rare and due to underlying health issues rather than the pill? Any reassurence?

Posted
  • Morning after pill twice in 1 week

Hello I need some advice please I had unprotected sex last week I had the Ella one morning after pill on Wednesday well last night me and my partner had sex again we used a condom it broke so today I went to get another morning after pill this time it was called upostelle my question is is it safe to...

Posted
  • Copper Coil and Early Period

So I have had he copper coil for 2 years now and no problems at all. Periods like clockwork and no pre-menstrual symptoms such as back ache, boob ache or cravings. One week ago I started getting really sore boobs and quite bad cravings with overeating. Constantly hungry. The bloating was terrible and...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.