Skip to content
Ad

Contraception

Also known as Combined Oral Contraceptives (COC), Condoms, Diaphragms and Caps, Emergency Contraception, Intrauterine Device/System, Mini-pill, Mirena, Morning After Pill, Nexplanon

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Noriday problems?

Has anyone else been on this pill and had problems? For the past few days I’ve had excruciating pain over left lower pelvic region and not sure what could be causing this? It’s never happened before and have also noticed increased mucus at times I was on micronor which was great I had no problem but...

Posted
  • Nexplanon and the mini pill for over a year

I got the implant in July 2015, and suffered lots of bleeding while I had it. The doctor then put me on the mini pill for 2 weeks/a month to see if the bleeding settled. It did, until I stopped taking it. So then the doctor told me to just carry on taking the mini pill with Nexplanon. I have now been...

Posted
  • Supposed to have IUD placed but I'm late on my period? What to do?

Hey, Tomorrow i'm supposed to have my IUD placed and my period was supposed to start yesterday. I am pretty sure its because of stress levels as this week i've had an exceptionally stressful week. My mom was in hospital, i had graduate interviews with potential profs for masters applications...

Last reply
  • New birth control....Mylan

My gyno put me on a new birth control, the brand name is "Mylan" and it is a pack of 3 months worth of pills so I only get my period at the end of the third month. I googled the brand name before starting the pill, and I am BARELY finding any results. I am SO confused. It is a levonorgestrel(0.15...

Last reply
  • Mirena IUD for HRT

Hi I have had the Mirena IUD fitted, combined with an oestrogen patch, for help with hot flushes due to the menopause.  I have only had these fitted for about a week but have constant period pain and a slight bloody discharge.  I was wondering how long the period pain will continue as I am...

Posted
  • Non hormonal copper coil - pain

Hi, I had copper coil in a month ago and all was fine until the end of my first period a few days ago, now I have some abdominal pain (but not period-like pain). Had it checked by the doctor who put the coil in and she says the threads are there and the coil is in place. If the pain doesn't go...

Last reply
  • nexplanon implant and fertility after its removed.

Ok. I'm absolutely terrified. I was on the nexplanon implant from January 10, 2013 until October 3, 2014. It is now the end of April and the only cycle I've had was forced by my Obgyn. My fiancé and I have been quite careless in having sex because we are going to get married and we want...

Last reply
  • Help

Hi. So the past almost 3 weeks I've been cramping I've been bloated I'm always tired and nauseated really bad. I'm not me lately. I've had the nexplanon implant in since February of 2016. I've been told it's pregnancy and I've been told it's not. I need help guys....

Posted
  • Bleeding for over a month whilst on cerelle

Hi I've been prescribed cerelle to stop my periods as I'm anemic and suffer extremely painful periods, I was prescribed cerelle on the 26th of June and have been bleeding everyday and night since being on it I've taken it the right time everyday and haven't missed one I just wanted to...

Last reply
  • Should I get the Mirena coil again?

I have recently had the implant taken out as I was experiencing pretty much every side effect from it. My GP recommended getting the Mirena coil put in as I don’t want children just yet. I had the Mirena coil in for about a year in 2015. I had to have it taken out because it was sitting too low and it...

Last reply
  • Depo-Provera Injection - Bleeding Remedy?!

Hi guys. I was give the Depo injection 3 weeks ago and have been bleeding heavily ever since. I have had enough so went to see my doctor today who has prescribed me with microgynon (combined contraceptive pill) to take alongside the injection and I also purchased OTC tranexamic acid. Has anyone had any...

Posted
  • Moving on from the Nexplanon.

I had my Nexplanon implant inserted in February 2012, so I've had it for almost 2 years. At first I was fine, and I thought I'd escaped all of the horrific symptoms that people had posted online. (Before having it put in, I thought there was a chance I'd be okay as my mum never had any symptoms...

Last reply
  • Mirena: 9 months after insertion

I got the Mirena 10 months ago. Since then, I enjoyed over 6 months without any period to speak of. This last month, I did get a period. It was very heavy and lasted 4-5 days. Since then I have had stringy brown to red gel consistency in spotting, Everytime I use the restroom. Should I be concerned?...

Last reply
  • Rigevidon contraception

I have recently started taking regividon contraception. On the first day I took the wrong day tablet, but then have taken the right days ever since - will I not be protected now or do these types of pills all have the same hormones in? 

Last reply
  • Excessive bleeding with nexplanon implant, what should I do?

I got my nexplanon implant last September, i had a small amount of bleeding for a few weeks afterwards, but this soon stopped and I was really happy with how I was getting on, I hadn't been getting any periods at all. I got my period then again in January for a few days, a heavy period, not just...

Last reply
  • i had the nexplanon for 13 days and no period signs of pregnancy

I had the nexplanon rod put in on aug 9 2017 while on my period I had to have it removed after 13 days on the 23rd my doctor told me I could get pregnant with in a few hours I have had unprotected sex about every day or every other day  I was suppose to start my period a few days back I'm about...

Posted
  • Help!

I got my nexplanon October 6th 2015 and had it removed April 26th 2017. About 2 weeks after my boyfriend and i tried to have another baby. It's now September and still nothing! Any tips/suggestions?

Posted
  • Mirena, pain, bleeding

Hey so I'm not getting much sense out of hospitals or doctors or nurses so I'm hoping someone here can relate and point me in the right direct. Here's my story. I was diagnosed with endometriosis 24th August 17. They inserted the Mirena in theatre. It's been almost a month and I'm...

Posted
  • Yasmin pill

Hi, I started taking the Yasmin pill 5 weeks ago . I have suffered with anxiety for 3 years however the last 2 years it's been very minimal!  The last week or so I have experienced the worst ever anxiety, I feel so low, I can't stop worrying and crying, I feel depressed, I haven't...

Posted
  • i'm experiencing dark brown bleeding during my period week.

i've been expecting my period but I noticed a dark brown thick discharge and the next day, I had a flow, more or less like a period, but this time, it's unlike my period flow. the flow is light and the blood is brown kinda.. let me chip in that I'm sexually active but I've been inconsistent...

Posted
  • Coming off contraceptive pill has caused hair loss! Help!

Due to losing around 3 stone in the past 7 months I was taken off my pill Feonolla and put onto a pill rivingdon, I was on this for around a month but experienced some nasty side effects, was advised to stop this and wait for some new pills, it's been a week since I have stopped this pill and I have...

Posted
  • Help needed!

I took the morning after pill two months ago. The next day I had really bad hip pain and tightening. I also felt that my urine and stool were really hot. I was tested for everything and had nothing. I had urine samples with an infection but no culture. I have a history of gallbladder polyps one that...

Posted
  • Birth control pill side effects

I've been prescribed yasminelle by my doctor and I was reading the side effects list and it says that one of the common ones is "cold sores (herpes simplex)", right after "yeast infections" - which I wasn't too exited about. But does it mean that you can actually get herpes...

Posted
  • Copper IUD + birthcontrol pill

Is it possible to use a copper IUD plus birthcontrol pill? (either Estrogen and progesterone or just progesterone)?. I know both methods are quite safe, but the IUD could come out of place without the woman realizing it and the pill too can fail from diarrhea, vomiting or interactions. For this reason,...

Last reply
  • What is this yellow stringy/gooey discharge?

About 4 months ago I noticed that I started to have a yellow discharge that would drip whilst urinating. This discharge is of a stringy/gooey consistency (The best way to describe it, would to say it was similar to 'egg white', the difference being that it is yellow not white). It varies in amount...

Last reply
  • Nexplanon

I've been having a period for 4 months . I just want it to stop ! I been having bad headaces and i want to have sex with my husband what do you ladies suggest i do

Last reply
  • Mirena advice appreciated

Had a mirena fitted 7 months ago, due to really heavy painful periods causing anaemia on a regular basis. Consultant recommend mirena. Just wondered people's experience of it. Haven't had proper period since but am in pain daily, some days so extreme nearly pass out, seems to be both sides lower...

Last reply
  • IUD Non-hormonal Copper Coil Side Effects?

Hi everyone, I'm 34, no children, had a T-Safe copper coil fitted about 7 months ago after taking COC for almost 6 years (Dianette, Cerazette, Yasmin). I had no problem with the coil, just slight discomfort and spotting after insertion and heavier and longer periods which doesn't bother me, at...

Last reply
  • Desogestrel Pill

Hi! Hope someone can help. So I'm on my 3rd or so month of the Desogestrel pill, and have had 2 irregular periods, but they last for something like 2 weeks! It's not a proper period, just more when I wipe (sorry really disgusting)! I don't know whether this is normal and what to expect??

Posted
  • Pill/pregnancy query

Hi, I just thought I'd ask the question here to see if anyone had anything similar or whether I'm thinking too much into it. Im on the pill and had sex on 8th July, I came on my period on 22nd July which is on time as it is usually always on the same day, but was fairly light and just a couple...

Posted
  • Coming off depo - how long til you get back to normal?

Hi all, I have seen a lot of posts about those coming off depo provera but nothing recent. My last injection ran out last June (2016) just before i got married as i knew it could take about 12 months for your body to get back to normal. So far i have nothing - no bleeds, no cramps. I have recently...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.