Skip to content

Contraception

Also known as Combined Oral Contraceptives (COC), Condoms, Diaphragms and Caps, Emergency Contraception, Intrauterine Device/System, Mini-pill, Mirena, Morning After Pill, Nexplanon, Norethisterone contraceptive injection, Noristerat

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Nexplanon non-stop bleeding, extreme depression, what next?

So I’ve had the nexplanon implant for the last year & a half, and all throughout I’ve been having menstrual bleeding non-stop. I’ve spent so much on tampons & even bought a menstrual cup but that’s been too painful to insert. I had been on the depo-provera shot before but only for a couple months...

Last reply
  • Contraceptive implant

I recently had the Contraceptive implant fitted on the 05/06 to stop my periods and for extra protection when having sex. However, at the moment I have been having lighter but darker discharge/blood, honestly I’m not sure, and I was wondering if anyone would know why this could be? Could it be old...

Last reply
  • Copper coil...

Ive had the copper coil fitted since 26th June 2018 and its 10th july 2018. im having some complications with it ive been none stop bleeding ever since brown discharge that smells with is discomforting and very uncomfortable pain it did stop until a few days after the fitting and its always there and...

Posted
  • Excessive bleeding with nexplanon implant, what should I do?

I got my nexplanon implant last September, i had a small amount of bleeding for a few weeks afterwards, but this soon stopped and I was really happy with how I was getting on, I hadn't been getting any periods at all. I got my period then again in January for a few days, a heavy period, not just...

Last reply
  • A lot of symptoms from OCP : Really worried. Any ideas ?

Hi everyone ! Due to recurring ovarian problems, I was put on OCP to hopefully minimize chances of reccurence. Before the 3rd week of the active pills even started on my first pack, I started bleeding which I heard was expected as the body tries to get used to the pills and the bleeding trailed off...

Posted
  • On 3 different types of contraception and in pain

So to begin with I was on the pill (microgynon 50ed) but this caused me to have problems with my cervix and resulted in cervical erosion. Since then I have had he implanon put in and this caused me to bleed for the 6 months I had it in, so I returned to the doctor and told them I’d like it taken out...

Last reply
  • I have something called a jadelle

About 6 years ago I got the jadelle (implant) put into my arm. In my country you get two rods and they last for upto 5 Years. I had complications getting them both out and now I still have one in my arm one year after it was suppose to have come out. My question is: is it still affective? Will I be...

Posted
  • another in properly fitted contraception

So little while back I posted about my nurse bouching the minor op to get the implant out of my arm and leaving me with two contraceptions in it hasn't been that long think it's about three weeks if not a little bit longer and my coil has disappeared aswell I can't find anything online to...

Posted
  • One-sided cramps with copper IUD?

Hello, I got the 5-year Nova T 380 inserted for the first time one week ago. It was a very smooth experience (got the numbing shot in the cervix and there was no pain whatsoever). I was much more worried that I needed to be, but I still want to check on a few unusual things I've noticed this week....

Posted
  • Copper coil / IUD insertion review 2015

I feel there is an unfair amount of negative reviews of coil insertions online. I had mine fitted two days ago now, but the week leading to my appointment I was torturing myself by reading every insertion review and account, especially of those childless. So come the fitting, I was extremely nervous...

Last reply
  • IUD Non-hormonal Copper Coil Side Effects?

Hi everyone, I'm 34, no children, had a T-Safe copper coil fitted about 7 months ago after taking COC for almost 6 years (Dianette, Cerazette, Yasmin). I had no problem with the coil, just slight discomfort and spotting after insertion and heavier and longer periods which doesn't bother me, at...

Last reply
  • Agonising PMS?

I’m a bit of a hypochondriac but if someone could give me some advice I’d be extremely grateful. In Feb I got the Nexplanon or Implanon (I can’t remember which) implant and I was bleeding non-stop on it. I was then given Rigevidon to stop the bleeding and this helped, however I decided to have the implant...

Posted
  • Microgynon help !!

Hi all! (Sorry for the long ass question)  So I feel like I’ve been on every form of contraception on the planet and none seem to be doing any good for me.  Many pills were unsuitable, the implant made me crazy anxious & depressed & the last one I was on gave me adult acne and a massive...

Posted
  • Depo-Provera bad side effects?

I’ve started Depo January 8th, 5 days after giving birth. My last shot was March 30th. Since having my first shot I’ve had terrible headaches, constant dizziness and extreme anxiety. I read on one forum where these are side effects but I didn’t think “side effects” lasted this long... has anyone else...

Last reply
  • Contraceptive Pills

I've been taking the combination pill for about 2 years, but I've always had breaks every month. This month was the first time I decided to back to back. Except now I've been bleed for two weeks, there's no sign of it stopping anytime soon. Should I see my nurse?

Last reply
  • Implant

So I went to have my implant taken out today and it turns out after her cutting my arm several times and really hurting my arm they can't get it out and I have to be referred to somewhere else to get it removed I was just wondering has anyone else had this problem and what happened when you had to...

Last reply
  • Moving on from the Nexplanon.

I had my Nexplanon implant inserted in February 2012, so I've had it for almost 2 years. At first I was fine, and I thought I'd escaped all of the horrific symptoms that people had posted online. (Before having it put in, I thought there was a chance I'd be okay as my mum never had any symptoms...

Last reply
  • Cerelle, Bleeding for over 2 weeks?

I came on my period on the 25th May and I'm still bleeding over 2 weeks now! I've been on cereals before last year and I went on to my second pack of Cerelle on Sunday 3rd of June and missed Monday 4th pill by 9 hours as I take it before i go to bed at 10pm and so took 2 pills on Tuesday 5th....

Last reply
  • My Copper Coil review

Hi   I am 24 years old, in a serious relationship, no children, 5ft1 and am overweight. I am writing this as when I was researching what contraception to go for due to feeling like I was running out of options, I saw an overwhelming amount of negative stories about the copper coil and I wanted...

Last reply
  • Cerazette

Hi, I started taking cerazette to help with pms symptoms mainly extreme tiredness etc I only took one packet before stopping taking it, I had a very light dark period and I haven't taken any since. Since then I should have had another period but didn't.. had extremely sore nipples and very slight...

Last reply
  • I took Plan B three times in a week!? Please help

My partner and I had unprotected sex Monday and Tuesday. He came Monday not in me but it was near my vagina so we got plan b I took it two hours after it happened, then Tuesday the condom broke after having protected sex the first time but he came do we weren’t sure if the second time when the condom...

Last reply
  • I'm freaking out

I had these bumps on my dick for a few months don't really bother me but wen I use soap they kinda hurt plz help me

Last reply
  • Mirena coil caused acne, what contraception should I try next?

So, cutting a long story short(er) here, any questions you have I am happy to elaborate further on. I got a mirena coil fitted in October 2017, loved it with no problems at all, other than acne, because of which I had it removed this week after 7 months. Prior to this I was on Yasmin (combined pill)...

Posted
  • Lo Loestrin-increased anxiety?

Anyone get increased anxiety starting birth c? Prob unrelated, but I’m on day three of a low dose birth c to ironically help regulate my hormones and I’m super anxious and nervous. 10 weeks postpartum. My doc recommended bc over the mirena to help with hormones. Thanks!

Posted
  • IUD replacement

Hello everyone..  I had a skyla IUD for 3 years and had no period/spotting at all! I just had my IUD replaced almost 4 weeks ago now. I had some light spotting for the first two days, then it was gone.  About 17 days after replacing the IUD, I had unprotected sex. But I freaked out a little...

Posted
  • Experience with Copper IUD

Hey, so I posted a thread about this a little while ago but have had no responses so I thought I'd post a more summarised thread that people might be bothered to read in the hopes of getting some advice  Here's the fuller thread if anyone is interested in the details: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/swapping-hormonal-ius-for-non-hormonal-iud--634699...

Last reply
  • The depo Provera injection...what should I try next?

Today I booked myself in for my 4th or 5th depo Provera injection, however I’ve just read a Facebook post about a girl who has been on it for 2 years. She suffers with bad stretch marks, has been diagnosed with depression as sometimes she is so drained that she cannot be bothered to get out of bed, bad...

Last reply
  • Citalopram + Cerelle - cause of loss of libido?

Hi, I am currently on 20mg Citalopram for anxiety and until 3 weeks ago was also on Cerelle (mini-pill) for contraception. I recently came off Cerelle as believed it was the cause of my loss of libido but 3 weeks on I don't feel any different. I came off Citalopram at Christmas for a few months and...

Posted
  • Is it reasonable when using vibrators during pregnancy ?

Hello all, After marriage, we have been using vibrators to show our sex. A year later, we went to hospital to see if my wife is during pregnancy. At that moment, my wife and i was told that we would have a baby soon. The we were so pleased to express our emotions. I know this topic is very out of the...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.