Skip to content
Ad

Contraception

Also known as Combined Oral Contraceptives (COC), Condoms, Diaphragms and Caps, Emergency Contraception, Intrauterine Device/System, Mini-pill, Mirena, Morning After Pill, Nexplanon

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Removal of mirena coik

I’m seriously considering having my coil taken out for good. The five years is up this May. My mood swings are up and down, breasts can be very painful for at least a week a month, low sex drive and most importantly I have gained so much weight. I’m not sure if that’s the coil or not though, I hope so! ...

• Cee10 Cee10

The Pill - Depression

I was just looking for some advice or to find out if anyone has experienced the same thing. I’ve been taking rigevidon for about 4(ish) years now and I’m sure it’s affecting my mood. During the pill free week, I feel utterly depressed and hopeless to the point I’m in tears, especially in work. I feel...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Removal of mirena coik

I’m seriously considering having my coil taken out for good. The five years is up this May. My mood swings are up and down, breasts can be very painful for at least a week a month, low sex drive and most importantly I have gained so much weight. I’m not sure if that’s the coil or not though, I hope so! ...

Posted
  • Suffering side effects from stopping birth control pills!!!

I stopped taking my birth control pills 7 weeks ago and ai'm experiencing adverse side effects panic attacks, anxiety, depression.. What's worse for me are the physical symptoms i feel - nausea, dizziness, lightheadedness, weakness and a lot more! Anybody here going through the same experience?

Last reply
  • The Pill - Depression

I was just looking for some advice or to find out if anyone has experienced the same thing. I’ve been taking rigevidon for about 4(ish) years now and I’m sure it’s affecting my mood. During the pill free week, I feel utterly depressed and hopeless to the point I’m in tears, especially in work. I feel...

Posted
  • Moving on from the Nexplanon.

I had my Nexplanon implant inserted in February 2012, so I've had it for almost 2 years. At first I was fine, and I thought I'd escaped all of the horrific symptoms that people had posted online. (Before having it put in, I thought there was a chance I'd be okay as my mum never had any symptoms...

Last reply
  • Long term Implant experiences on removal?

I had the Implant (Implanon/Nexplanon, not sure which) for 6 years and removed it at the end of the 6th year due to anxiety and OCD disorder. Before I had it (at age 16, now 23) I didn't have regular periods and the implant made that worse, 3 months on, 3 months off ect. I had it removed in July...

Posted
  • Will my birth control fail?

My boyfriend ejaculated inside me for the first time since I've been on birth control (Lo Loestrin Fe). I've been taking the pill since October of 2016 and sometimes skip a period or have irregular periods, which my doctor says is normal on this particular pill. I take it at the same time every...

Last reply
  • Suicidal thoughts since nexaplon

Hey everyone.  I’m just wondering if anyone else can relate?  I’ve had the nexaplon rod in since September and within a week of getting it I started to have suicidal thoughts (which is so not like me!) It’s been a bit of a tough year between getting strange side effects from the pill to...

Last reply
  • Could Mirena be the culprit?

I got my Mirena January of 2014. I didn’t think much about this then and not until recently when I really started looking into it. I have been nauseous just about everyday for the last 3 years. I also have acid reflux but it never really bothered me before. In early 2016 I went to a Gastro doctor who...

Posted
  • Non hormonal copper coil - pain

Hi, I had copper coil in a month ago and all was fine until the end of my first period a few days ago, now I have some abdominal pain (but not period-like pain). Had it checked by the doctor who put the coil in and she says the threads are there and the coil is in place. If the pain doesn't go...

Last reply
  • Mirena & BC

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone else out there has had anything similar to me. Currently, I'm in quite a horrible place.  I had the Mirena inserted and I lasted about 5 days with it and decided to get it removed as it was causing me to have very bad depression. Once it was removed, the GP...

Last reply
  • Mirena removal. What to expect after?

Hi I’m awaiting a appointment to have my mirena coil removed in the next few weeks. I tried to have it removed back in November, but unfortunately the doctor was unable to locate it and I have been referred for a difficult coil removal. After all of this palava, I’ve decided that I will not be having...

Posted
  • Can I take the contraceptive pill?

I’m 18 and I have polycystic ovaries. I’m afraid I might get pregnant so I was wondering if I could take the pill? However I don’t want the pill to affect the chances of me getting pregnant in the future any more. Can the pill affect my chances of pregnancy in the future? Can/ should I take the pill?

Posted
  • Sharp pain HELP

I’ve had my rod for over a year and today I started to get sharp pain in my arm. Would only have it for 5 minuets.  Is this bad ?  Should I see my doctor ? 

Last reply
  • Contraceptive Pill - could I be pregnant

Hi, i’m currently on rigevdon and decided to take a break from the pill mid pack and got my period as I would if I were taking the normal break. I then started the pack again while I was still on my period then used condoms but started having unprotected sex again after 5 days of restarting the pill...

Posted
  • How long into the break from the pill should you bleed?

I started taking the combined pill for the first time on the 19th of November, I finished the pack on the 8th of December (I lost one pill so took 20 instead of 21). Its been 4 days since I started the 7 day break and I havent bled or had a 'period' yet. Is this normal? and if so when should...

Last reply
  • What is this yellow stringy/gooey discharge?

About 4 months ago I noticed that I started to have a yellow discharge that would drip whilst urinating. This discharge is of a stringy/gooey consistency (The best way to describe it, would to say it was similar to 'egg white', the difference being that it is yellow not white). It varies in amount...

Last reply
  • Does Norethindrone cause missed periods?

I've been taking .35mg Norethindrone for about 9 months. Lately it's seemed like my period had been coming later and later every month. I couldn't be completely sure because I haven't been keeping track; that is, until this month. I marked on the pack where my period started and ended...

Posted
  • Horrible nexplanon symptoms!

So I've had my nexplanon for 2 years and 11 months, it's due to come out next month (thank goodness!) but for the last 8 months I've been having really bad symptoms. When I first got it inserted I was bleeding constantly for 3 months and then my doctor put me on the pill to help even things...

Last reply
  • Period triggered by sex?

I lost my virginity about three nights ago and have been bleeding very heavily since then. I'm not sure but I don't think he pulled out and he didn't use a condom. I have been on birth control for about three months and was not able to access my birth control the night after having sex but...

Last reply
  • Why am I bleeding?

I lost my virginity about three nights ago and have been bleeding very heavily since then. I'm not sure but I don't think he pulled out and he didn't use a condom. I have been on birth control for about three months and was not able to access my birth control the night after having sex but...

Posted
  • crazy symptoms from implant

So I've had the implant for about 2 years now, i'm like 2 months shy of 2 years. I have had crazy periods since I've gotten it. First my period was normal and then after a few months I was just spotting but for like 6-8 months straight. It would stop maybe for about a week or so like twice...

Last reply
  • Been 4 days since i got nexplanon

Its been 4 days since i got my birth control been having really severe back pain can't sit up to feed my baby stand up or walk without hurting really bad what should I do can I take it out already even tho I've only had it for 4 days??

Last reply
  • Mirena coil- contraction like cramps

I had the Mirena fitted 13 weeks ago during a laparoscopy to remove endometriosis. They fitted the Mirena and I bled heavily for the first 6-8 weeks. I haven’t had a bleed since Just frequent vagina infections confirmed after having high vaginal swabs taken. The past 24 hours I have been bed bound with...

Last reply
  • IUD Non-hormonal Copper Coil Side Effects?

Hi everyone, I'm 34, no children, had a T-Safe copper coil fitted about 7 months ago after taking COC for almost 6 years (Dianette, Cerazette, Yasmin). I had no problem with the coil, just slight discomfort and spotting after insertion and heavier and longer periods which doesn't bother me, at...

Last reply
  • IUD removal failure. Doctor could not find strings?

Hi  I was scheduled to have a removal and replacement of my mirena coil today. However she spent a good 15 minutes trying to find it, even going into my womb a little to see if it had gone higher up. But unfortunately she couldn’t find it.  I am now being referred to the sexual health clinic...

Posted
  • Please help! Urgent contraception question

Hi, I took plan b in October whilst on Microgynon. I'm aware that I had no reason to take it as I'd never missed a pill - panic got the better of me. I ran my pill packs back to back for October and November as I read online that was the best thing for me to do. My period is due to come next...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.