Skip to content

Contraception

New discussion Join group Also known as Combined Oral Contraceptives (COC), Condoms, Diaphragms and Caps, Emergency Contraception, Intrauterine Device/System, Mini-pill, Mirena, Morning After Pill, Nexplanon

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • pearlcaramel 1

IUD Non-hormonal Copper Coil Side Effects?

Hi everyone, I'm 34, no children, had a T-Safe copper coil fitted about 7 months ago after taking COC for almost 6 years (Dianette, Cerazette, Yasmin). I had no problem with the coil, just slight discomfort and spotting after insertion and heavier and longer periods which doesn't bother me, at least...

39 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • sparklypickle 3

Cerazette clarification

Hello. I have started taking the progestin only pill cerazette again and have a question. If, after taking the pill regularly you have sex but forget a pill during the week after, could you get pregnant from that event (ie should you take emergency contraception) or is this not an issue? I'm asking...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Anxious25326 2

Anxiety and mirena (IUD)

Has anyone experienced any unusual side effects from the mirena? Im 26 have had mine for almost 18 months never experienced Amy anxiety or anything in my life, since having this inserted I've had 3 bouts of anxiety this one being the worst for last few days constant aches pains and numbness all on left...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • daniellej168 1

Cerelle pill and migraines

I've been on Cerelle for just over a year. Everything was fine and I've not been having periods with it. But the last few months I've been getting migraines (some mild and the odd one really bad) each time I get the aura in my eyes and tingling down my left arm. I've been doing a bit of research and...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • maggie99590 2

Lighter and lighter menstrual flow on yasmin

Hi I have been on Yasmin for a year. No nausea just a little weight gain Recently I found my menstrual flow is very light, even in the first three days in my menstruation. I have normal flow when I first started the drug . I noticed this changes in past 4 cycles. It freaks me off coz the flow is...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • charlotte1824 4

Cerazette vs generic

I went to the gp today to get cerazette after doing days of reading on it and finally convincing myself that I would give it a try. Before that I read that people who were doing well on cerazette were given cerelle and it messed them up. So I made sure to tell my dr I want cerazette not cerelle, she...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • debbie39903 3

Mirena help really needed

Had mirena fitted three weeks ago, was in bit of pain but settled down. But last 4 days I am in agony, severe pain in left side of my back and severe stomach and groin cramps, to the point now I can hardly walk or actually eat. Taking tramadol and paracetamol and not really touching it. Is this normal????...

• karly74147 1

Can I get pregnant before period?

Hi there I was on the depo provera for 9 months, my last shot ran out in January and I am yet to have a period. Me and my fiancé are looking to start a family and I was wondering whether it is possible to get pregnant before I have my first period after depo provera? Thanks

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Aswest 1

Issues With Nexplanon...IUD Better?

Hello. My daughter got the Nexplanon implant about 2 years ago. Since that time, she has gained close to 40 lbs. Also, her mood swings have been pretty bad. She was going to have it removed yesterday and get an IUD, but it had to be ordered, so her appt. had to be rescheduled for 2 weeks. Have any of...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • morgan 27035 1

Is it safe to let my boyfriend release inside? I'm on depo

Okay so I know I may just be paranoid about this who thing,but me and my boyfriend have been together for 3 years now,I've been on depo for almost 2 years,I know that no birth control is 100% and I know it dosnt protect against STD's,I'm not worried about that because we are both clean. I guess the real...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • gmf26 1

Help! Am I pregnant?!

I had unprotected sex on the night of Friday, 26. May around 3am. It was around the time of my ovulation (online calenders predict am most fertile between 26-28th May). I took the EllaOne morning after pill 5-6 hours later (at 9am),  but had pain around my back and abdominal area earlier before taking...

• Ahmeersmom 2

External itchiness one week after Mirena removal

Hi everyone, i am a 24 year old woman. About 3 weeks ago i got my mirena iud removed after almost 5 years along with a pap smear . Results came back that i was positive for hpv and had bacterial vaginosis . Gave me some anti biotics and i was fine for a week, bv was gone . But i was still itching . Just...

• redpanda09 2

Amethyst Pill

Quick summary: I'm 18 and have been on two different contraceptive pills so far, both of which have made my period heavier and more painful. My periods make me feel extremely ill and I get very dizzy and throw up a lot of the time. I go through a pack of 18 ultra heavy pads during the day and my period...

• Misskiss 3

IUD and bleeding will it stop?

I was on lolo and then got the mirena inserted. My doctor said to continue taking my lolo with the iud until the pack was finished because it would help with the cramps. For the first 5 days after insertion I had very light spotting. After that my period started and it has been 3 weeks, my period has...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • aimee25204 2

Rigevidon Combine pill to Cerelle mini POP pill

Hello, I have been on Rigevidon Combine Pill for 4 years and had no problems at all, only the start of this year I started to develop migraines every night!. I only thought of this as stress as I am at university, i was on my weeks break this week and went to the sexual health clinic to pick up more...

• michelle031 1

IUD expulsion?

Hi I was just wondering, has anyone had an IUD fall out/be expelled? If so what did it feel like? What were the signs/symptoms please? Yesterday I just a quick sharp pain 3 times when I went to the toilet (twice on one occasion and once on another), it kinda felt like the wire poking me really sharply...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Charlotte. 2

Moving on from the Nexplanon.

I had my Nexplanon implant inserted in February 2012, so I've had it for almost 2 years. At first I was fine, and I thought I'd escaped all of the horrific symptoms that people had posted online. (Before having it put in, I thought there was a chance I'd be okay as my mum never had any symptoms with...

15 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • KingPinagpala 1

PCOS/Missed 2 pills. Will i be pregnant?

Hi everyone! First of all, I am not a Doctor or what. I am just an ordinary woman and i'll be sharing my personal experience to lift the hopes of everyone who's freakin' out if they are pregnant by missing 2 birth control pills in a row. So lets start. 2 years ago, I learned that i have PCOS both left...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • KingPinagpala 1

PCOS/Missed 2 pills. Will i be pregnant?

Hi everyone! First of all, I am not a Doctor or what. I am just an ordinary woman and i'll be sharing my personal experience to lift the hopes of everyone who's freakin' out if they are pregnant by missing 2 birth control pills in a row. So lets start. 2 years ago, I learned that i have PCOS both left...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • lilliankentish 2

Copper coil / IUD insertion review 2015

I feel there is an unfair amount of negative reviews of coil insertions online. I had mine fitted two days ago now, but the week leading to my appointment I was torturing myself by reading every insertion review and account, especially of those childless. So come the fitting, I was extremely nervous...

81 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • debbie39903 3

Mirena fitted

Well had my mirena fitted and biopsy done under General on Thursday. Woke up from anaesthetic in a lot of pain was given morphine and sent to hospital room, ended up having to have 2nd dose of morphine due to pain. Am home now but in quite a lot of pain, feels like extreme period pain, tried the usual...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • siana03345 1

I am taking Cerelle mini pill, when the period will come?

My first month of taking  Cerelle mini pill, it's now 26 pills everyday. I used to take 21 days pill, after few months I try this 28 days pill, I am wondering when the period will come? And after this 28 pills, should I start my next pack of 28 days right away? or wait until period comes?

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Bedders 2

Missed a few pills started taking brown discharge now help please!

Hi I need some advice please do I missed 3 pills on week one started taking it again three days later then on the fourth day I had a bit of discharge very dark for 2 days and then it's stopped for one day and then started again for about a few hours it's dark brown discharge that then stopped and now...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kate74236 2

Mirena IUD Removal

Hi Ladies, After 5 years and 7 months I’m booked in now to have my Mirena IUD removed on the 24th of Feb. A bit of background, I’m currently 34 years old, Single, have no children and never been pregnant. I have a top OBGYN, after many years and many problems I had the IUD inserted via a laparoscopy...

11 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Guest M

prolonged period after contraceptive injection

when my baby was 10 weeks old my doctor advised i use the contraceptive injection as i cant take the pill because history of DVT. a week and half after having the injection i started having a period even after being told my period may stop this period lasted to weeks, i then had a week free from periods...

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • lynseyloo77 1

Could I be pregnant?

I have been on the combination pill without a break for around a year. No problems. Recently had a b12 deficiency and a follic acid deficiency which I was giving shots for b12 and supplements for follic acid. Around 5 weeks ago I had unprotected sex. 3 weeks ago I came off of the pill to let my body...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • laura 32222 1

Help???? Could I be pregnant

Hi guys I'm a 19 year old student and would really appreciate any help. I had unprotected sex with a guy in the early hours of Saturday morning (6th may) roughly 5 am I had just finished my period a day before that, my periods are roughly always 28-30 days. I'm pretty sure he didn't ejaculate inside...

• roxana91525 2

My IUD experience

Hi, I've been reading all the negative experiences posted about the IUD  and I just want to post mine. I am 32 and I just delivered a beautiful baby girl 3 months ago. My sex life is extremely important and as I don't want to get pregnant any time soon I considered the IUD the best option .So I had mine...

• Cat--12 2
  • jessica54454 1

No breakthrough bleed after stopping the pill...

Hi, Wondering if anyone has had the same experience or has Any advice. I stopped taking my contraceptive pill, Rigevidon as I thought it was giving me unpleasant side effects all of a sudden (dizziness, vomiting, persist thrush) after blood tests all came back clear, this was the most likely cause....

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • amy57522 3

Getting mirena... terrified

I'm having the coil fitted this Thursday. I'm due my period tomorrow.. will they still do it? How bad is the pain once it's fitted? I'm already on agony with endometriosis pain and this is my option my gyne consultant has given me. Is it worth it? I suffer with migraines and I'm scared they will get...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Sammyjo20 1

Is pill still effective even if you're sick during the day?

Hello.  My fiancé went out last night for a night out and was sick at around 10pm. She usually takes her contraceptive pill at around 10-12 and it always works perfectly. When she got home she was sick again but after that she took her pill before 12 like normal and went to sleep fine she took it the...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • india80581 2

Question On The Pill/Estrogen

I've never been on the pill before. I'm not that sexually active but I do have a partner, except the reason I was wanting to go on the pill was for breast growth and some weight gain. I read that the pill with estrogen can help me with what I'm looking for. I understand I'm not going to get a massive...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • lismol 1

Pelvic Pain after starting birth control

Hi, I started Vestura (generic Yaz) and I am on my 2nd week of my 3rd pack. I have had intense pelvic cramps since 2 weeks after starting my 1st pack. Also intense right side pain by my ribs for the last 3 weeks. Went to emergency room because I couldn't sit the rib pain was so bad. I haven't had a period...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • aprilb 2

Can a coil break/dislodge

Hi all, I have an IUS (Jaydess) in situ since July 2015. No issues since insertion except last couple of months a light period has returned. My main question is could the coil snap or become dislodged while inside? I am an active gym goer and on Monday I was doing some ab exercises which involve hanging...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.