Brown discharge on the pill

Posted , 2 users are following.

so I've been on the pill for about 6 years now, I've been on a couple of different ones. I had been on Gederal for about a year before requesting to change to Yazmin. I've been given Yacella which I've been told is the same but just cheaper for the NHS. Been taking it for nearly a week and I've had a brown discharge the whole time. Is it possible this is just caused from changing my pill? I've never had this issue before when changing pills so just wondering if it's something I should be concerned about or if it is likely going to stop once my body is used to the new pill.

I should also add, on Gederal I took about 5 months of packs back to back without a break which did cause some breathrough bleeding (to be expected with no breaks for that long), so I took a 4 day break to have a bleed. It was after this that I started on the Yacella, but brown discharge has just continued.

Any advice on whether this is normal for this pill/when you change pills would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I am no professional but I just started the birth control pill Aubra EQ and I have also had the trouble of brown discharge. Mine started about two weeks after starting the pill. Hope this helped some concern

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.