Prolonged bleeding on Progesterone only pill

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, ive been on the progesterone only pill for a while now, long enough for the 3 month disruption period to be over a long while ago. Ive had breakthrough bleeds before which have lasted a while, however this one has lasted nearly a month on and off and Im worried. I have cramps like i can feel utrine shedding but other than that nothing. I dont have any symptoms for: PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids or things like that so Im wanting to know if this is just a bad bleed or something else? I cant see a doctor at the moment due to attempting to change surgeries so am unsure what to do.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I was put on cerelle 18 months ago no periods for 12 months, I was then put on non name brand and bled every month for 3 months lasting about 10 days a time, so I switched back to cerelle and all been fine went to the toilet today and noticed light red bleeding I have been to docs previously and she didn't seem to concerned but it's driving me mad after so long with no periods 🥺

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.