Started random.bleeding after changing from brand name to generic desogestrel

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi i have been on the mini pill for over a year now i was first given cerelle and it was heaven no periods no side effects for 12 months, when my prescription got renewed I was given generic desogestrel and it's been a complete nightmare acne mood swings random bleeds sometimes brown lasting around 10 days this time it's more red and im on day 12 could it be the change to generic causing these symptoms? if I swap back to cerelle will it stop I have spoke to gp recently who didn't seem concerned and smear tests are all up to date anyone else experienced this how did you stop the bleeding 🥺

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.