Am i suffering from Depersonalization

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I'm looking for help. I'm stuck as I feel trapped from going to seek help from my GP. I have had a mental battle with myself for the past week and I'm at the edge of my tether. I'm honestly scared to go and explain how I feel. It hard to explain too. I feel like crap most of the time and question reality too.

It started 3 years ago on and off and felt like I was dreaming and my sense of reality was missing. I told other how I was feeling and how scared I was but told to stop and to grow up. I dealt with if for weeks and since then it has been coming back on and off throughout the years. Now it's gotten to a scary point, I'm scared, feel stuck and nothing see real and looks and feels like a dream. I see it as I've got out of bed but never really woken up. I don't know if any one feels this but I get an immense pressure on the back of my neck like some one is grabbing it.

I recently got a job and was feeling fine but I am now feeling like I'm in a dream, it makes me not want to work as I'm forgetting basic things, find it hard to interact with others becuase it doesn't feel real and scares me inside too.

I want to go to my GP but don't know how to explain myself and is hard too when talking.

Please help, many thanks John.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Listen don't struggle open up to GP and seek help we can't do it on our own good luck

• Posted

HI John

Do not hesitate another minute with how u r feeling/experiencing! It's too harder battle on your own and there are professionals who can seriously help. Start with your GP or Mental Health Community Services.

Talking is quite a relief! :-)

And also journaling/expressing on paper what u r feeling/thinking!

I hope u got some positive feedback from your post and eventually things with help will stabilize! :-)

• Posted

Hi John,i read your post and as i read through i already knew i was going to reply,

I can absolutly relate to you,i wanted to first start off by saying to you that you are not going crazy,and please dont be sceard because all this feeling is that its unknown to you ,but you sure feel somthing is happening ,your perspective and how you percieve the things around you are not logical so asking for help and advice from others kinda dont help ,ythat is i believe,is simply they dont know ,so you seek your gp ,and they tell you your suffering ,some sort of disorder,when in reality they too dont know,i mean how could they know ,{but doctors are ment to make you better,}but yet you leave the doctor feeling no better but thinking at least now you are labeled as having a dissorder,and so with that being said you carry on as you go, and even though you just know deep down you just dont feel good,so heres a video i would love for you to watch,the moment i subscribes to his channel everything he teaches about is truely remarkable,i related to everything he waas saying my hairs on my arms stood on end ,i hope you really get a better understanding of whats goin on in your life and i have a good feeling just by being able to say this to you,love and light to you

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

I felt the same way I feel life isn’t real and I’m alone in the world detached from reality 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.