Am I the only one who has no problems with PPI

Posted , 9 users are following.

Not trying to be argumentative or dismissive of others problems as I am sure they are real to those experiencing them. I have been on esomeprazol for 15 years between 80mg and 20mg per day. No side effects, no deficiencies whatsoever as I am regularly checked, nothing apart from the capsules burnt my stomach so now just have tablets which are kinder. I am reading all these posts and wondering am I only the person who finds they do the job, cause me no problems and as I need them will stay on them until such time as I don't. I am under medical supervision so am happy that any changes or problems brought in by NICE will be passed into me. Ranitidine do make me a bit dizzy but nothing apart from that.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been on ppis on and off for about 16 years. The only side effect I am aware off is jaw swinging and teeth grinding/clenching. I am curious to know what you meant by the capsules burning your stomach, what does that mean? I find the tablets better than the capsules for my stomach and always wondered why.

• Posted

The plastic coating take longer to dissolve and can cause burning. Whereas the pills just disperse into mush straight away. I could feel the pill sort of stuck in the same place and it felt like a stabbing burning pain. If I have to take antibiotics with plastic coatings if happens as well.

• Posted

If you drop a tablet into the toilet it takes hours to dissolve and leaves a thick deposit. It takes several brushings to get it off.

• Posted

Never tried that 😂 I just know any tablets with the plastic causes me pain not just PPI and when I changed to the tablet it went away

• Posted

Worth a try and just as easy to take just an oblong tablet instead of a capsule.

• Posted

No issues as far as well being but did raise my sugars. The reason I stopped it due to noted accounts of heart decease. But have not been able to find out exactly what was meant by heart decease.

• Posted

There are so many stories of medication causing heart disease. I have had a thorough check on mine for another problem and can promise you after 15 years on PPI my heart is perfect and I am 60 so good to know. Every kind of medication has so many different POSSIBLE side effects we can't possibly get them all. If they work for you and make your life more comfortable take them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.