am I wasting my time?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Does orlistat work for everyone? 

Imy next weigh in is just under 2 weeks and my weight has not shifted since my first weigh in.

Im feeling utterly despondent with orlistat. 

Im not sure ill have the will power to not eat the crap if dr takes me off them.

Im almost tempted to try the aloe diet anything to shift this. 

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I asked my doctor the same question last week. She said yes, it works for everyone provided you diet and follow the rules.  It isn't a magic pill, so you have to follow a diet (or I would say an eating plan for life!) as well. Sometimes it takes a while for the results to show.
    • Posted

Im being Soo good Sally. I will stick with it a little longer and just hope the dr doesn't take me off if I haven't lost  x
  • Posted

They have worked very well for me well rephrase that i have done the hard work. How long have you been on them? you have to give it a chance believe me if you come off these and go on another diet you won't stick to it i am not being rude the good thing about these tablets is it stops you eating the carp! give it another few weeks some people don't lose until week 4/6

Britney

X

• Posted

Ive been on them 6weeks 2days Britney (not that im keeping track)

I honestly don't know how much better I can be.

Ive had 0 side effects (only that that I pm'd you regarding)

That's why im so desperate to see the lbs drop cos I don't want to come off of these. They worked initially just don't understand why they have stopped xx

• Posted

Claire they won't stop working believe me some people hit a brick wall then X weeks down the line they start losing again please stick with it because they stop you eating the rubbish. Please make sure your going to the toilet aswell as that can add extra weight but please DO stick with it i know it is hard but you WILL see results of bigger weighlosses as you carry on. x
    • Posted

Thank you Britney I will stick with it just hitting a lul. The idea of getting rid of the scales scare me but I may just have to do it. 

Thank you again.  It has to shift soom xx

• Posted

Hi Claire ,

Your welcome don't worry it WILL come off. PLEASE GET RID OF THOSE SCALES THEY WILL DRIVE YOU INSANE!!

The amount of times i was going to buy a pair thank god i never did they would have sent me potty! the way i see it is you get weighed every 4 weeks so why would i want to drain myself every day standing on them? but look everyone is different that's just me.

you WILL do it

Britney

X

• Posted

I would of asked the same thing the first few weeks or so I was on them, but they seem to have started now, I have upped my water intake so maybe that has helped a little, just keep at it or it won't work at all! X
    • Posted

Thanks h4nn3r I will keep going in the hope that they kick in soon.xx
  • Posted

Claire I totally sympathise with you. I am in week 2 of the tablets and the scales have been hidden from me by my 17 year old son. I hadn't lost anything by the end of week one and felt utterly despondent. I am so 100 % into it, eating properly, drinking lots, no accidents and also exercising.

Was so fed up. So I hope when the scales come out of their hiding place at the weekend for my next weighing,  that I have lost something!!! Hang on in there and let's hope it works soon. 

Susie x

• Posted

You too susie.

Its so annoying.  Ive been 100% committed to this.  Just hope it kicks in soon for us both xx

• Posted

Claire.. Keep at it we can do it together.. Give it time please don't give up.. Think of what you are doing it for.. 😉😉😉 don't give up!!!! Xxx
    • Posted

Thanks Rachel. We can do it. 

I just need to see a little difference to keep going just a lb or 2 to keep the momentum going xx

• Posted

stick with it claire its worth it.i just get weighed at doctors every 3 to 4 weeks.you cant go we need you here.we are all behind you claire.keep going ok.cheesygrincool
    • Posted

Ahh thanks noodles. 

Im going to stick with it I can't leave my orlistat family yet. Too many success stories I love to read about x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.