Am I wise?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Am on day3 of fluoxetine wit terrible headaches and so tired.  Should I stop r how long does this last 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi biddy0960,

How are you feeling today? I am on day 1 and it has been a huge challenge to get this far.  I suffer from panic attacks and anxiety with a phobia of feeling and being sick.  So having to take medication with a possible side effect of vomiting and nausea has stopped me.  When I have tried before, the furtherest I got was to put the capsule in my mouth before spitting it and ending up in hospital and needing to be sedated.

So if I can do this, so can you.  Headaches are horrible, I have found using tiger balm on the back of my neck helps as well as hot baths.  I think this is because it helps relax your muscles.  Distraction also may work.  I am guessing reading would be difficult but have you tried audio books?  These are my new go to and get me through a lot. 

Hope things start to get easier for you. 

• Posted

Hi,

Stick with it.  It has taken everything I have to be able to take one of these capsules and I am on day.  If I can do this, so can you.

Distraction such as audio books are helping me.  Try a nice warm bath or shower, as this may help relax you muscles.  Feeling tense will make the headaches worse.  

Are you able to rest or are you working?

• Posted

Hi there. I haven't taken any today and it's only the 4th day.  Headache was unbearable last nite felt really sick and my ears r screaming wit tinnitus.  I'm gonna give it a break for a few days as I think I have an ear infection.  Good luck with urs though. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.