Am I worry for nothing? My lymph nodes are swallon

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. Can anyone give any advice please. My lymph nodes in my neck, jaw, colar bone are all very swallon and hurt like hell. They have been playing for a couple of months now, but I had to go to see gp as when I touched 1 on my neck I had an awful pain 2 inches from that node. Gp thinks and hopes the blood test will come back as just a virus. But Im worried sick. I have other problems fibro. cfs. underactive thyroide. ddd. fs. Just had 2nd blood test as thyroide was playing up but its settled now. My fathers side of family have almost been wiped out with cancer. He had Acral malignat melanoma. Never before have I had swallon lymph nodes Im 47.

thank you and sorry for going on and on. x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paula. I have had Lymphoma (diffuse large B cell lymphoma), non Hodgkin's disease, which is cancer of the lymph nodes. Cancerous swollen lymph nodes are almost never painful so the fact that yours are is a good sign. Let me know what your blood test results are, and try to stop worrying.

• Posted

Hello Joykf53.

Thank you for the reply. Yes I will stop worrying after what you said.

Px

• Posted

Hi. Joy. Just to let you know I have had a second blood test as I have very high platletts. So have to wait again til friday to find out whats happening.

Pxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.