Skip to content
Ad

Haematological Disorders

Also known as Bone Marrow Disorders, Common Variable Immunodeficiency, Eosinophilia, Favism, G6PD Deficiency, Gaucher's Disease, Hereditary Spherocytosis, Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Immunodeficiency, Leukaemia, Lymphoma, Myeloma, Neutropenia, Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Porphyria, Sickle Cell Disease, Thalassaemia, Wiskott Aldrich Syndrome, XLP - X-Linked Lymphoproliferative Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Someone help

Anyone know why my arm pit has been hurting me today, burning sensation under my arm and then all my left arm keeps going tingling or just feeling weird and weak? My arm pit near the crease feels hard and swelled. Iv had a small sized pea lump under my arm pit at the bottom for nearly 3 years. Doctors...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Scared to death that I might have Leukemia

I was scratching my leg in the shower the other day... I got out of the shower just this morning and i see a rash. I look a little closer and I realize it is a blood bruise rash. I hop on google and type in "blood bruise from scratching". Here I learn it is a major symptom of leukemia as i...

Last reply
  • Someone help

Anyone know why my arm pit has been hurting me today, burning sensation under my arm and then all my left arm keeps going tingling or just feeling weird and weak? My arm pit near the crease feels hard and swelled. Iv had a small sized pea lump under my arm pit at the bottom for nearly 3 years. Doctors...

Posted
  • Help!

About a month ago I was diagnosed with anxiety and panic attacks. I went through a really bad stage where I just didn’t want to get out of bed I thought I was termanilly ill. I honestly thought I had a brain tumour with the dizziness i was getting and headaches everyday. Iv stopped taking the pill and...

Last reply
  • Should I be worried about lymphoma ?

Hello, I am 18 years old male and I am worried a lot. I have always been a huge hypochondriac and the last 3 months were hell. I thought I had all kind of cancers, ALS and other things. About a month ago, after a third blood test in a row i got ruled out leukemia (I had weird stabbing shin pain and thought...

Last reply
  • Does this sound like bone cancer please?

A few years ago I started to get involuntary movements when I was going to sleep. Literally any parts of me fly out whether it be my arms leg finger head. This then followed with pain in the lymph nodes in the left of my groin along with sharp pains in my left hip. This followed to the right side and...

Last reply
  • 8 yr old low wbc, first lymphocytes then neutrophils?

Hi everyone. I'm not to sure where to post this but I figure many of you will be well informed about wbc's. I have a little girl who currently is seeing an allergist for swollen eyelids every morning. No allergies found. While looking into that we had blood work July 20 and found she has slightly...

Last reply
  • Weird symptoms, no definite diagnosis yet

Hi all, I’ve been having some weird symptoms for quite some time now (about a year) and I’ve only now started to get the ball rolling with an ENT. Reason why it’s taken so long is because my prior GP disregarded my symptoms. Needless to say I switched doctors since then. Anyways, my symptoms include...

Last reply
  • Possibly Lymphoma?

I am a 15 year old female whose had swollen lymph nodes for 12 weeks. I've had blood tests proving it's not EBV, I've been on antibiotics, ultrasounds and I'm going in for another one- and possibly a CT scan. I feel worse by the day. The fatigue, the itching, the swelling, tightness...

Last reply
  • Feeling Desperate.. Swollen Lymph Nodes 8 Months

Hi All! I am a 27 y/o female and I have had swollen/achey lymph nodes since February 2016. I am typically not a very sickly person, and rarely go to the doctor. In February I began feeling "off" - have muscle aches and pains, feeling of swollen lymph nodes in my neck, and just feeling generally...

Last reply
  • Autoimmune Neutropenia

Does anyone have any personal experience of autoimmune neutropenia.? My daughter (25) was diagnosed four years ago and the whole subject seems so vague. She sees a haematologist every six months who monitors her and asks how she feels - other than this no help or treatment is offered. She gets multiple...

Last reply
  • Possible Lymphoma?

Hello! I'm a 22 year old male in good health, however an ultrasound scan initially checking for a hernia 3.5 months ago showed that i have an enlarged spleen (14.7cm), at that time i was unaware of any lymph node abnormalities and blood work was all normal. I was reffered to a haemotologist who...

Last reply
  • Is this lymphoma ?

Hello, so I am 18 years old, very anxious about my health, but I am quite concerned now. About month and a half ago I developed weird bone pain and thought I had leukemia, I had 3 clear blood tests, but about a month ago I became quite tired (I started working out harder, playing actively football again,...

Last reply
  • High igA in blood and bone density osteoporosis

Can somebody explain how a high igA level in the blood can affect bone density and  cause ( or at least contribute to) osteoporosis? I have been diagnosed with O.P. and my endocrinologist attributes it to  a high level of igA found in my blood ( 4.32).She has prescribed Resendronate once a...

Last reply
  • Thrombocytopenia, Neutropenia and left shifted myeloid

Hi,  I was wondering if anyone might have the same issues as me and may have had a possible diagnosis.  I have persistent thromboctopenia and neutropenia. I had a bone marrow biopsy taken in 2014 and was diagnosed with predominant left shifted myeloid and megakaryoctic series. I am again...

Last reply
  • Chronic Anemia - two dry tap marrow efforts.

Hi All, I am a male in my 50's.  I had my 2nd hip replacement in April and all went well. I was full of strength and people marveled at my recovery.   ~ six weeks after, I lost all energy.  I've had three emergency trips to the hospital (17 nights) and 11 units of blood to overcome...

Last reply
  • is it hypocondria or leukemia ???

i've been worrying i might have leukemia for the past few weeks . Loss of appetite and feeling nauseous, and i have 3 red tiny spot on my thigh . I checked online and all these symptoms were linked to leukemia !!! Am i just worrying too much ???

Last reply
  • Do I have leukemia - blood work ?

So, in the last 3 weeks I sometimes feel bone and ankle pain (can be anxiety or the fact I started palying football again) and also shin pain. The shin pain uccurs only a few times a day and lasts max 3 secons, and can be pinpointed. I thought of shin splints but it does not hurt while excercising and...

Last reply
  • Hot to cold flashes every 30 seconds for a month- lymphoma?

Hello, In late August I began to experience quite aggressive flashes from hot to cold (not menopause as i'm 20!), and initially was not concerned at all thinking it was a virus. However, since then I have become incredibly weak and faint when moving at all, have an odd numb sensation in my head,...

Last reply
  • Lump and itchiness

I've had a lump in my groin for a while now. One which is movable and another which feels like it's stuck to a bone. Neither hurt and both probably a bit bigger than a pea size. I have also suffered with real itchy skin for a Couple of years now and when I say itchy I mean real itchy!!!! I've...

Last reply
  • Worried over lumps

I have recently found a movable lump on my neck which is just under a inch large and a lump that has appeared behind my left ear just under 1/2 inch which is hard, some what immovable and very painful. I find that it is Painful for me to turn my head to the right. I'm not sure how long the lumps...

Last reply
  • My bloodwork and leukemia suspicion ?

Hello, I have been having mild leg bone and joint pains in the last 1-2 weeks, and hurried to have a bloodwork done. My results seem within the norm, but I am still worried, because my neurophils are 69,3 and the maximum is 70, which means I am almost above average, so I might maybe have early stage...

Last reply
  • Swollen hard occipital lymph node over a year. Help

To make things brief. Im extremely terrified. Ive been having the C-word scares for over 3 years first it was when i find out i had a lump in my breast after i had my 2 kids, and find out it was a fibroadenoma a benign tumor and been constantly checking my body for any lumps and bumps since then one...

Last reply
  • Bone pain and Leukaemia ?

Hello, I am 18 years old. I am a hypochondriac, but I am very worried this time. About a week ago I got a bunch of little stabs in my knee, I thought it was osterosarcoma, but the pains then moved across the whole femur. There are about 3 location where I feel the pain on and off, it is most probably...

Last reply
  • Worried about having Lymphoma

So almost two years ago i was diagnosed with a chiari malformation which is a brain condition. Please read and bare with me.. My symptoms came out of nowhere, vertigo, tiredness and fatigue, sleep problems, visual problems, neurological stuff ect ect. I was so glad that i knew where these symptoms...

Last reply
  • Worried about a Swollen Lymph Node

Hello all, I noticed a swollen lymph node towards the bottom left of my neck about 3 weeks ago. I haven't noticed any growth in it whatsoever, but it also hasn't gone away. I have no symptoms of illness etc. After monitoring it over this time, I went to my GP last Thursday. He did a very thorough...

Last reply
  • Persistant lymph nodes.

Ok so this is a long one. I am really overly upset with the health system. In january i had glandular fever. It took 3 months to recover from and then i was back to playing netball 3 days a week and hitting the gym 3 days a week. I work part time and study part time. Im 23 and usually eat as healthily...

Last reply
  • enlarged lymph nodes for 9 months

My lymph nodes in neck, armpit anf groin have been enlarged for 9 months. Am very breatless and itch at night. Also have raised red rash on knee that comes and goes. Could this be lymphoma.

Last reply
  • Feeling scared

Im 38yo female with all over lymph nodes waxing and waning but 1 constantly hard and large on my shoulder i have severe fatigue and nite sweats so bad and the nodes in my elbows and knees are makeing my arms and legs feel achy and weaki have just had my first app with hematology and alot of bloods and...

Last reply
  • Help!

Hi my friend hasn't been very well for a couple weeks she has no medical past therefore takes no medication however she is only 15 and is experiencing daily nose bleeds, bruising easily, having headaches, feeling tired, dizzyness, feeling sick, sometime experience black outs and abdominal pains 

Last reply
  • Trouble diagnosing, maybe a blood disorder?

Hi, I'm an 18 year old female and for 2 years I have been having health problems. It started out with a skin rash (looks like normal flat skin, just red), and slowly it started spreading all over my body. Over these two years I also developed other symptoms: unexplained and sudden weight loss (7kg),...

Last reply
  • Can anyone give me some input please?

Hello! I've been going through craziness for a little over 2 months now I think. I'm 22 and so worried. I've got this persistent swollen lymph node in my neck. At first it was a little tender and now it's not. It's a decent size. Not outwardly noticeable. I got scans on my chest and...

Last reply
  • Spine bruising

Last night I noticed that the lower part of my spine had bruising and I have not injured it, is this normal?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.