Skip to content

Haematological Disorders

New discussion Join group Also known as Bone Marrow Disorders, Common Variable Immunodeficiency, Eosinophilia, Favism, G6PD Deficiency, Gaucher's Disease, Hereditary Spherocytosis, Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Immunodeficiency, Leukaemia, Lymphoma, Myeloma, Neutropenia, Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Porphyria, Sickle Cell Disease, Thalassaemia, Wiskott Aldrich Syndrome, XLP - X-Linked Lymphoproliferative Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • harrishill1 4

harrishill

Hi, thanks for the positive comments. I try to reply to the person in question, but somnetimes the screen gives me the wrong place to reply, so I just put my comments on, and hope the person in question sees them. harrishill

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • harrishill1 4

harrishill

Hi James. I did some research online. Apparently neck glands and lymph node swelling can be caused by viruses or bacterial infections. Your doctor shd check you for thoise before being worried about cancer. If it was caused by cancer your blood tests shd reflect that. Hope you can find out all of

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • JamesMay1 2
  • burner 2

porphyria...ever heard of this?

So my DR calls and says I have porphyrins in my 24hr urine test.  I need to go to a hematologist.  There isn't a whole lot of info on this and frankly kind of freaked out a bit.  I have been having a lot of gut issues lately along with = apparently I may have a rare genetic blood

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jackie 52126 2

irritation all over body at night

I have been diagnosed with WM and am on watch and , I am getting up from bed because I can't stand the twitching irritation I can feel all over my body.I can't call it an itch, it is as though  there is something in my blood  (which there is) making me feel like irritable leg syndrome but

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • JamesMay1 2

Information regarding biopsies?

I'm getting another potential melanoma removed, this time off my chest, and I was wondering if it is cancerous and they have to test my lymph nodes, how would they do that since the nearest lymph node to the mole is inside my chest among my internal organs. Anyone who's been through something

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • melie2 2

High Platelets and low MPV???

Hi everyone, I'm not sure I'm in the right forum for this type of if not, could someone direct me to the right place?  Here's my Any advise would be greatly appreciated.  I've been having all kinds of symptoms for the past 2 months for which I have taken many tests to find

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • pau1200 2

Trying to understand results

Hi, Hope this is the best place, I have been having routine blood tests for the last 3 years as my wbc has been elevated, it hovers between 10.4 to 17 with the neutrophils being the cell type that is high. I am also hugely over weight and have high esr 43 and Crp 32. A haematologist has been

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • rowel123 3

Just curious?

Is it normal for a lymph node that was once painful, and after taking antibiotics it is not painful no more?

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Poolaf 1

Persistent Lymph nodes for over 3 years

Hello, I am a 14 year old male with lymph nodes for roughly 3 years. I can vaguely remember the time where I felt my first node pop up near the back of my neck when I was 11 or 12. During that time I had no clue what a lymph node was and why there was this mysterious bump on the back of my neck. Slowly,...

0 replies 1 vote Posted
  • JamesMay1 2
  • ra66772 2

swollen lymph nodes in neck

Hi all i've had a firm  swollen lymph node for some time under my chin and in the last 3 month have felt really ill and noticed other nodes popping up all over my neck that go down during the day leaving the two large ones at either side of the jaw bone inflammed which is pretty much constant. The

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • pat69708 1
  • donnyk 1

Painless swollen lymph nodes on the right side of my neck.

Hi all, so I'm due for my yearly physical examination tomorrow, and recently I have found two enlarged lymph nodes on my neck and behind my jaw/below the ear. Both are painless, about the size of a small marble and soft and rubbery to the touch. I'm also a 24 year old white male with a history

10 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Reylleh 1

Low Absolute Reticulocyte Count with Anemia

Hello, I'm new to this site and wonder if someone can offer some advice. I'm seeing a Hematologist for chronic anemia and to try to find out what the cause is. I just got some of the results back, the others (LDH and Coombs Test Direct, Haptoglobin) will take a couple of weeks to come back. My

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • tanya18072 2
  • HeatherP143 2

Feeling Desperate.. Swollen Lymph Nodes 8 Months

Hi All! I am a 27 y/o female and I have had swollen/achey lymph nodes since February 2016. I am typically not a very sickly person, and rarely go to the doctor. In February I began feeling "off" - have muscle aches and pains, feeling of swollen lymph nodes in my neck, and just feeling generally

21 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tanya18072 2

Pain after chemotherapy

hi my mother has just had chemo and she is doing really well no sickness this time. This is her first set of 6 sessions but now after 10 days she is having pain in her stomach ( which is were her lymphoma is ) is this normal ? Many thanks 

• trish281 2

Possible lymphoma? Trouble understanding ultrasound results.

Hi everyone, I'm extremely worried about my possibility of lymphoma. I've had a swollen lymph node on the right side of my neck for about 6 months now, I'm a 24 year old female. I went to get an ultrasound on the right side of my neck to see what it may be and here are my results: Technique:

• hannah05959 2

I am getting so frustrated (lymphoma problem)

Basically I have had one swollen lymph node since November they gave me antibiotics back then to try and get rid of it and that is still swollen its about 3 cm now other general symptoms like fatuige and itching had a blood test back then and was normal I suddenly stared getting severe lower back

15 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • elizabeth 03284 3

Watch and wait??

I just had an ultrasound of the cervical lymph node. The technician grabbed the radiologist to come take a look and after looking at my scan the radiologist sat me down to talk. He asked me a bunch of questions, if I had a history of cancer etc. I asked him if he thought this lymph node was cancer

• elizabeth 03284 3

Let's talk nodes

Since the beginning of November I have not been feeling well. I used to work out for two hours a day six days a week but have been unable to do so since the end of October. I've had two bouts of strep throat in four months and have just been feeling absolutely run down. I went to my doctor

• h36575 1

Help with diagnosis- low CD4+ level, pain

Hello, could you please help diagonose my friend? Hes been seeing hospital for a long time without success.  His symptoms: blood tests: - low CD4+ level                     - low CD8+ level (I believe it is called T-lymphocytopenia in english)                    - low CD3  and CD57 - sharp muscle

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M

Banana Skin and Mycosis Fungoides

Hi I was diagnosed with Mycosis Fungoides 4 years ago at the age of 44. I had it for a year before I was sent to a Consultant. I saw 3 Consultant Dermatoligists in one day. They said that they thought it was a rare skin condition but were not 100% sure it was Mycosis Fungoides. I had a

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • davidpa 1
  • SL 1

Mycosis Fungoides Diagnosed finally at age of 45!

For a lot of people out there with this disease, I have been told that it is a very slow moving cancer and if diagnosed in the first stage the outcome is very good with normal life expectancy. I first went to our Dr. When I was around 14 and was told that she could not tell me what I had. At this

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • TDC 2

Worrying blood work

My lymphnodes came up in my neck 3 months ago, 3 weeks ago I noticed swelling under both armpits & a lump in groin.  I'm breathless, have a crazy cold nose all the time and shiver & sweat at night.  My bloods whilst not good do not show the usual low RBC or high WBC, in fact the opposite.  Is my Dr

16 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Gracie999 1
  • Isaac1173 1

Wet facts with some blood/mucus

First off I am 16 and male, i have Chronic Myeloid Lukemia and am taking Imatnib for it. Earlier i went to the bathroom because I felt kinda like I had diarrhea, when I started to go it was just a wet fart and some small globs of blood/mucustomers came out, but earlier I went and it was fine other

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • fcroxy 1

breathing difficulties, two lumps on chest

Beginning of December I came down with a cough and cold which lasted until first week of Jan. Just as the cough was going I noticed a lump on my chest, left side, between my collarbone and top of breast. Its hard, painless and doesn't move. I also started to get some breathing difficulties at this

• terrisimps85 1

Sickle cell D Trait

When pregnant with my boys I found out I was a sickle cell D trait carrier and passed it on to my children. never really thought much into until the last few weeks, I have a twin sister who recently has had her first baby who also found out she is a carrier, but her daughter isn't. We've spoken to

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • aabb 3

I am so confused

my mum is 75. She has been in remission from non hodkins lymphoma for 15 months now. The doctors didn't think she would make it because it was a nasty stage. She has been doing great until 4 weeks ago. The same type of symptoms again. I have had the doctor out 4 times. They have said bug, infection

18 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jamie55174 1

High iron serum, low ferritin in 15-month old toddler

Hello, My son was diagnosed as anemic at his 1-year check-up. I believe his hemoglobin was 7. I started him on a multivitamin with iron (polyvisol) and we did a complete blood test at 15months. His iron serum was really high (183) and hemoglobin was at 10.2 which was higher. Serum ferritin was at

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sweetk 2

Low white blood cell count symptoms

Anyone who has low white blood cell count, what are the symptoms? I've been on medication for years for something and apparently that pill can lower the white blood cell count. I will be going to my GP next week for the blood test but was wondering anyway. (I posted this in a "wrong" forum before

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • JohnEdna 3

welcome 2017

Well here we are into 2017 already.  Today my mail inbox included my Patient weekly update  which mentioned that things had been a bit quiet lately, so I guess most of us have put our worries and ailments aside to celebrate the Festive Season and welcome in the New Year. 23 Years ago at my

Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions