Skip to content
Ad

Haematological Disorders

Also known as Bone Marrow Disorders, Common Variable Immunodeficiency, Eosinophilia, Favism, G6PD Deficiency, Gaucher's Disease, Hereditary Spherocytosis, Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Immunodeficiency, Leukaemia, Lymphoma, Myeloma, Neutropenia, Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Porphyria, Sickle Cell Disease, Thalassaemia, Wiskott Aldrich Syndrome, XLP - X-Linked Lymphoproliferative Syndrome

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Feeling scared

Im 38yo female with all over lymph nodes waxing and waning but 1 constantly hard and large on my shoulder i have severe fatigue and nite sweats so bad and the nodes in my elbows and knees are makeing my arms and legs feel achy and weaki have just had my first app with hematology and alot of bloods and...

Last reply
  • Help!

Hi my friend hasn't been very well for a couple weeks she has no medical past therefore takes no medication however she is only 15 and is experiencing daily nose bleeds, bruising easily, having headaches, feeling tired, dizzyness, feeling sick, sometime experience black outs and abdominal pains 

Last reply
  • Trouble diagnosing, maybe a blood disorder?

Hi, I'm an 18 year old female and for 2 years I have been having health problems. It started out with a skin rash (looks like normal flat skin, just red), and slowly it started spreading all over my body. Over these two years I also developed other symptoms: unexplained and sudden weight loss (7kg),...

Last reply
  • Can anyone give me some input please?

Hello! I've been going through craziness for a little over 2 months now I think. I'm 22 and so worried. I've got this persistent swollen lymph node in my neck. At first it was a little tender and now it's not. It's a decent size. Not outwardly noticeable. I got scans on my chest and...

Last reply
  • Spine bruising

Last night I noticed that the lower part of my spine had bruising and I have not injured it, is this normal?

Last reply
  • ongoing symptoms

I started with itchy skin a couple of years ago which has got worse over time, it comes and goes. I can literally cut my back to ribbons it gets that bad. I also noticed I have a hard lump which feels like it's attached to my bone in my groin. (Not massive but definitely can feel something) I also...

Last reply
  • idk whats wrong autoimmune disease or cancer????

So earlier in July I noticed I was having bloody stool every two days, I've noted it atlest once a month since earlier this year when my stool change from normal to black and tarry to orange and watery with red mixed in it in just a matter of hours. I was on medicad and it was time to renew...

Last reply
  • Do I have childhood leukemia?

Hi! I'm a 14 year-old girl who is not on any medications. For the last six months or so I have had these dull bone cramps mostly in my legs and sometimes in my arms. It feels like they come from within my bones and they disappear within a few seconds. Since a few weeks ago, one of my knees has been...

Last reply
  • Do I have Sickle Cell Disease?

So recently I've had episodes of chest pain, shortness of breath, generalised aches and pains, fever (I get so cold I shiver and my teeth chatter), as well as weakness. This can last a few hours to two days. I went to my doctor (I'm from the UK) and they had a blood test done; however it was...

Last reply
  • sickle cell traits

I am AA and my wife is AS,and I have four children,two carry the trait(AS),one is Free(AA) and the other one is SS(sickle cell disease),how possible is it? Am confused .I gone through the statistical analysis but could not get out of the disarray.

Last reply
  • Feeling scared

Im 38yo female with all over lymph nodes waxing and waning but 1 constantly hard and large on my shoulder i have severe fatigue and nite sweats so bad and the nodes in my elbows and knees are makeing my arms and legs feel achy and weaki have just had my first app with hematology and alot of bloods and...

Posted
  • Thrombocytopenia, no change in platelet count

Hello, I've had fairly constant platelet count (60k) for about two years. Doctor is unsure if it is displasia (inconclusive bone marrow tests), all other parameters are good, except a bit low neutrhophils (1.5) and high monocytes (approx 1). Kidneys, liver etc all good. No chronic disease. Healthy...

Last reply
  • Hot flushes after chemo

I'm a 63 year old female who finished the menopause some time ago. I finished chemo and radiotherapy for stage 1a DLBCL 8 months ago but have some odd symptoms. The main one is hot flushes! Can't be the menopause as that was over before diagnosis; the only other thing I can think of is stress...

Last reply
  • Raised IgA but doc says not to worry :(

Hi guys Has anybody ever had a raised IgA before? I have been tested for coeliac disease. However, all my results have come back as normal (IgA tissue transglutaminase has been reported as negative). But my IgA is always out of range (should be between 0.6-4.50 and mine was 4.79 previously. In view...

Last reply
  • Swollen lymphnode in abdomen?

Im scared i can feel some small round thing in my left lower abdomen and my stomach is slightly painfull at some times i think this is a swollen lymphnode but i saw something on internet that you cant feel those nodes what do you think are those guys? Im just 17

Last reply
  • Frequent fevers (every 3 wks)&swollen lymph nodes over a yr

I'm a 26 year old female. All of this started last year when I continued getting sick. Fevers, pink eye, UTIs, etc. My lymph nodes were inflamed and have remained the same since. For some reason, the symptoms went away for about 5 months. Then in March, I got a chest infection which turned into...

Posted
  • Need help, ongoing symptoms

22 year old male Got sick with some sort of virus in august 2016 dr assumed glandular fever but was never tested positive only positive to previous infection.. ever since i have had a fair few enlarged nodes around my neck and throat. Many different infections and viruses since than, Symptoms are Chest...

Last reply
  • Hot lushes when we have PV

Hi everyone. Just want to add to the discussion. I had hot flushes before being diagnosed with PV. In fact, when the Hematologist diagnosed me, he asked if I had night sweats and hot flushes. I said yes. Since he put me on Hydroxyurea, I still get hot flushes, most often whenever I clean house, or do...

Posted
  • Thrombocytopenia, Neutropenia and left shifted myeloid

Hi,  I was wondering if anyone might have the same issues as me and may have had a possible diagnosis.  I have persistent thromboctopenia and neutropenia. I had a bone marrow biopsy taken in 2014 and was diagnosed with predominant left shifted myeloid and megakaryoctic series. I am again...

Posted
  • Raised iga

hello I've had a full blood test done which has come back with a high iga of 5.8, I have been suffering from gerd for 6 months and doctor is putting the result down to that but I'm worried sick it could be something else is a high iga something to worry about

Posted
  • Want some help

I am having lot of swollen lymph nodes near groin from 7 years..they doesn't cause any pain normally...but when I do more work by my legs they cause pain and their size gets increased after sometime they return to normal size and doesn't cause any pain I am worried about it.please someone help...

Last reply
  • harrishill

Hi James. I did some research online. Apparently neck glands and lymph node swelling can be caused by viruses or bacterial infections. Your doctor shd check you for thoise before being worried about cancer. If it was caused by cancer your blood tests shd reflect that. Hope you can find out all of that....

Last reply
  • Swollen hard occipital lymph node over a year. Help

To make things brief. Im extremely terrified. Ive been having the C-word scares for over 3 years first it was when i find out i had a lump in my breast after i had my 2 kids, and find out it was a fibroadenoma a benign tumor and been constantly checking my body for any lumps and bumps since then one...

Last reply
  • Autoimmune Neutropenia rash

Hello I have had Rheumatoid arthritst since 1888 however about 18 months ago I discovered I had a low white cell count of 0.8. I was feeling really unwell and that had dropped to 0.3 and I had the weirdest markings on my legs. My rheumatolgist thought it might be my hydroxychloroquine so took me off...

Last reply
  • Unusual bruising and bleeding under skin

Has anyone ever taken lamictal and cymbalta together for a long period of time and started noticing unusual bruising or bleeding under the skin . This is especially happening in my shin area. I'm really going crazy trying to find out what's causing this . I've even been to hematologist and...

Last reply
  • Need advice on symptoms

Hello all I've recently noticed I seem to bruise a lot easier. I'm 24 so find it quite strange . I also have tread veins on my legs and hips as well as a dry skin patch on my left thigh. I have several bruises on both legs , hips and arms . I'm currently moving house carrying heavy...

Last reply
  • 10 months post tlhr

Hi folks,need a bit of advice. I'm 10 months post tlhr, it still feels rlly tight,also feel my op leg is twisted and turning 2 the right,going upstairs is rlly uncomfortable,other people have noticed i am still limping wen i walk,last yr at 10 weeks follow up app,surgeon said i had a twisted pelvis,...

Last reply
  • Signs of leukaemia

Hello, My 31 son just received a phone call indicating his white blood cells are high or low sorry i can not recall. But my question is. He started having night sweats July 2016 still on going, liver seems to swell and it hurts around that area, horrible acne, mouth pain it swells as well. Is there...

Last reply
  • harrishill

Hi, thanks for the positive comments. I try to reply to the person in question, but somnetimes the screen gives me the wrong place to reply, so I just put my comments on, and hope the person in question sees them. harrishill

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.