Skip to content

Haematological Disorders

Also known as Bone Marrow Disorders, Common Variable Immunodeficiency, Eosinophilia, Favism, G6PD Deficiency, Gaucher's Disease, Hereditary Spherocytosis, Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Immunodeficiency, Leukaemia, Lymphoma, Myeloma, Neutropenia, Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Porphyria, Sickle Cell Disease, Thalassaemia, Wiskott Aldrich Syndrome, XLP - X-Linked Lymphoproliferative Syndrome

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Leukocytosis and Hypochondria. I am freaking out and going crazy

I noticed i been having a high WBC for almost 2 years now. But in my last 2 exams i also had high Lymphocytes. I found out about this 2 days go. My lymphocytes have been creeping up and up for over 1 year. i suffer from health anxiety/hypochondria which made me go crazy about this. 2 days ago when …

Last reply
  • Palpable lymph nodes. Need opinions

Hello I’m a 16 year old boy. I first made a post on here 5 months about a lymph node under my jaw. To this date according to what I said it is now free moving but is the same size. It’s hard and painless. What I’ve just realised is that when I was a kid I always used to get tonsillitis. I had it …

Last reply
  • Swollen Lymph Node, though Dr. Google Sucks.

Hey Everyone. So I found a single lymph node on the back of my neck on the left side.  I had weird abdominal issues for like 2 days and horrible back pain.  Went to Chiro and doc thought it's just a pinched nerve. Abdominal stuff wasn't too bad so I just decided not to eat. …

Last reply
  • Autoimmune Neutropenia

Does anyone have any personal experience of autoimmune neutropenia.? My daughter (25) was diagnosed four years ago and the whole subject seems so vague. She sees a haematologist every six months who monitors her and asks how she feels - other than this no help or treatment is offered. She gets …

Last reply
  • Start with this Forum.

I am Newbie with  this forum. Can anyone help me--how can start? I just created this account. When i can post links in my comment?

Last reply
  • Doctors seem unconcerned about every lymphoma "red flag"

Hello! I have been struggling very hard to find answers after having to stop a biological medication last year that lists "lymphoma" as a possibility. First, I was just feeling terribly unwell and went through round after round of antibiotics and steroids for recurrent cough and chest …

Last reply
  • cml?

a few yrs ago I had lost a lot of kilos had constant fever etc. docs were sure it was cancer. blood tests showed very high and immature platelets and high wbc. they gave me some chemo pills(they said blood cancer but didnt know what...I live in a third world countrycup) and monitored me. a few …

Last reply
  • Pls help, wbc,leukemia?

I went to the doctor because I had diarrhea for 2 weeks and the day I went to the emergency room was on the 11th of this month because I had some red blood on toilet paper. I had done a CBC earlier that day at my doctors office and my wbc was 14 or 14000. When I went to the er 8 hours later my wbc …

Posted
  • Possible lymphoma? So confused!?

Hi, I’m 15 and have started to suddenly have some strange symptoms. I firstly thought it could be an eye problem, as I’m having increasing floaters, floating dark lines and flashes. However recently I’m starting to suspect something different as I have started to have problems with my whole body. …

Last reply
  • bloodtests out of whack

hiya guys sorry to be a pain and posting again just wondering if you have bloodtests done by a consultant and they give you a date to see them again if anything really bad shows up in the tests would they get hold of you sooner or wait until your next appointment my bloodtests were ldh serum …

Last reply
  • Lump on head near Temple- MRI's show nothing

I have been dealing with theses symptoms that have only worsen over the last 3 months. I have seen multiple drs with no answer just tossing meds at me. It started 3 months ago I noticed my temple area was swollen. Its a hard lump, I figured it was a sinus infection and went to urgent care. Urgent …

Last reply
  • sudden painful and swollen red armpit

hi I just realised my armpit hurts. theres a small bump and its sliiightly red. had ct scan of armpits two months ago during my yearly breasts checks and were clean. any ideas?could it be cancer?/lymphoma?breast cancer?

Last reply
  • Lymph nodes issues, some itching - lymphoma?

I've had swollen lymph nodes in my head and back of neck for 8 months now. I have seen my reg dr, ENT, dermo and an oncologist (just to get variety of opinions). All of them do not seem concerned as I don't really have any other symptoms and all the nodes are small (around 1cm) and have not …

Last reply
  • Lymphoma?? Help

Hi everyone, I am worried about having Lymphoma because a couple of some symptoms are showing. BTW, I am 15 y/o and during my yearly check-up my doctor told me that at my age having swollen lymph nodes are fairly common. Also, when the second condition came up, I was 12 y/o and had gotten the flu. …

Posted
  • Feeling Desperate.. Swollen Lymph Nodes 8 Months

Hi All! I am a 27 y/o female and I have had swollen/achey lymph nodes since February 2016. I am typically not a very sickly person, and rarely go to the doctor. In February I began feeling "off" - have muscle aches and pains, feeling of swollen lymph nodes in my neck, and just feeling …

Last reply
  • Borderline Neutropenia

I've been getting recurrent gastrointestinal bloating, periodic soft stools, perianal sores and abscesses, mouth ulcers and oral thrush for quite some time now - it's often accompanied by a feeling of being unwell, headaches, stiff neck, really bad confusion / brain fog, etc. Sometimes …

Last reply
  • high white and red cell count

hiya its me again sorry for keep posting but just wondering if anyone could give me their experiance September i started with bad chest on and off sore throat ear pain swollen neck gland tiredness dizzy feeling sick shortness of breath low grade fevers weeing alot tight chest pain under left …

Last reply
  • HELP

I have totally convinced myself I have leukemia.  For about 14 months now I have had this mystery illness that has been crippling and no one can figure it out. My symptoms include.. 1. Heart palpitations (a lot) 2. Racing heart 3. Nausea and vomiting  4. Hot flashes  5. Dizziness …

Last reply
  • Swollen hard occipital lymph node over a year. Help

To make things brief. Im extremely terrified. Ive been having the C-word scares for over 3 years first it was when i find out i had a lump in my breast after i had my 2 kids, and find out it was a fibroadenoma a benign tumor and been constantly checking my body for any lumps and bumps since then …

Last reply
  • Neutropenia

can I ask if anyone knows that if a haematologist says that your white cell count is low but it’s “ normal for you” then does that mean you will have neutropenia for your life time? aabb

Posted
  • Swollen lymph node in neck. 3 cm for a number of years

Hello, I am 20 years old and I have had a swollen lymph node on the right side of my neck below my jaw for 3-5 years now. It has seemed to remain the same size, about 3 cm on the long axis and 1.5 cm on the short axis, for the entire time, and is movable, but not entirely soft.  Each doctor …

Last reply
  • Confused

I have had blood tests every month this year as they have discovered that my White cell count is going down. It is 2.8 and my neutrophils are 1.2. I haven’t had a bug/cold etc but haven’t been feeling good for about a year. Can anyone explain why this is happening? My doc said I have neutropenia …

Last reply
  • So scared of leukemia

I came up with a large purple bruise about 5 weeks ago and at this point I wasn’t feeling great so I googled and instantly thought I had leukemia, the bruise faded quickly but I slowly started to experience other symptoms of leukemia , I had a fever and stomach pain which sent me to a&e , they …

Last reply
  • Low white blood cell count and stomach/abdominal pain

Hello everyone, I am trying to figure out possible causes of my symptoms. I've seen different doctors for the past couple of months and have yet to figure out what is wrong. I started crossfit in May and have lost twenty pounds until my doctor advised me to stop exercising completely in late …

Last reply
  • is it hypocondria or leukemia ???

i've been worrying i might have leukemia for the past few weeks . Loss of appetite and feeling nauseous, and i have 3 red tiny spot on my thigh . I checked online and all these symptoms were linked to leukemia !!! Am i just worrying too much ???

Last reply
  • My Sister has Serious Alergy

Hello My Sister Has an Alergy everytime she's Consuming Sugar and Gluten, and one of her foot is swollen and after that there is big pain. the problem now is we visited a doctor but we still don't know what to call it. they say to her to make examination Heart's ECO and ECO DOPLER in …

Last reply
  • Chronic colds and flus

Hi, this will be unfortunately a pretty long post but I'm desperate to find help. Since the time I was born I have a problem of chronic illnesses. Mostly they are colds and flus, they usually start with sore throat and fever and transform into chesty cough. All the symptoms are pretty severe …

Posted
  • Scared I have leukemia

I have been a nervous wreck and stressed and anxious since I had a health scare in early January. My doctor did a CBC and my WBC came back slightly elevated. 12.4. I’m scared now I have leukemia. She didn’t mention doing anything special because of this. Should I be concerned? I don’t know what to …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.