Skip to content

Haematological Disorders

Also known as Bone Marrow Disorders, Common Variable Immunodeficiency, Eosinophilia, Favism, G6PD Deficiency, Gaucher's Disease, Hereditary Spherocytosis, Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Immunodeficiency, Leukaemia, Lymphoma, Myeloma, Neutropenia, Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Porphyria, Sickle Cell Disease, Thalassaemia, Wiskott Aldrich Syndrome, XLP - X-Linked Lymphoproliferative Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Fear of Leukemia

Hi, I have been having a slightly high RBC count for some year ( ranging from 5.5 to 6.1) and from the last year I am seeing a trend of low neutrophil count i.e my ANC was always around 3.5 -3.6 but from last year it is coming around 2.5, 2.9 and recent being 2.6 and also there is come fluctuation in...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Scared I have leukemia

I have been a nervous wreck and stressed and anxious since I had a health scare in early January. My doctor did a CBC and my WBC came back slightly elevated. 12.4. I’m scared now I have leukemia. She didn’t mention doing anything special because of this. Should I be concerned? I don’t know what to do. 

Posted
  • Fear of Leukemia

Hi, I have been having a slightly high RBC count for some year ( ranging from 5.5 to 6.1) and from the last year I am seeing a trend of low neutrophil count i.e my ANC was always around 3.5 -3.6 but from last year it is coming around 2.5, 2.9 and recent being 2.6 and also there is come fluctuation in...

Posted
  • Persistent swelling of cervical lymph nodes, please please help

Hi all,  I could really use some advice. I noticed some swollen lymph nodes on the right side of my neck last summer, including one (submental, I think) under my chin which is a really odd shape...long and thin, not bean shaped at all. I saw an ENT in November who chalked them up to sinus issues...

Last reply
  • Persistant lymph nodes.

Ok so this is a long one. I am really overly upset with the health system. In january i had glandular fever. It took 3 months to recover from and then i was back to playing netball 3 days a week and hitting the gym 3 days a week. I work part time and study part time. Im 23 and usually eat as healthily...

Last reply
  • HELP

I have totally convinced myself I have leukemia.  For about 14 months now I have had this mystery illness that has been crippling and no one can figure it out. My symptoms include.. 1. Heart palpitations (a lot) 2. Racing heart 3. Nausea and vomiting  4. Hot flashes  5. Dizziness ...

Last reply
  • Concerned about benign supraclavicular lymph node (please help)

Im 33 y/o male. A little background on me...I dont smoke, i drink socially (on occasion), my dad had stomach cancer and my grandma on his side had pancreatic cancer. I also had my tonsils removed at 4 yrs old. Other than im fairly healthy. Three months ago, i Noticed what felt like a piece of bone...

Last reply
  • Pain in neck, collar bone and shoulders when drinking alcohol??

For ages now I seem to get a horrible type of pain in my neck, collar bone and shoulders when drinking alcohol! It's not every time and sometimes if i'm drinking for example wine, one session I can be fine on it, the next time I drink wine it can cause the pain. It can vary between what I drink...

Last reply
  • swollen lymph nodes everywhere

I am 29 years old female. 48 kg. Two and a half months ago I had a perineal abscess and had an operation. At that time I had to stop breastfeeding and had a lot of breast pain and noticed some swollen lymph nodes in both underarms. I was referred for an ultrasound that came back normal. At that time...

Posted
  • Lymphoma

Can anyone help me had ct scan of the groin area plus all blood tests all come back clear' since August I've had drenching night sweats fatigue server weightloss was 11 stone now 6 and a half tiard stuggling with my shifts at work swollen lymph glands in the groins neck under arms found 1 in...

Last reply
  • High iron serum, low ferritin in 15-month old toddler

Hello, My son was diagnosed as anemic at his 1-year check-up. I believe his hemoglobin was 7. I started him on a multivitamin with iron (polyvisol) and we did a complete blood test at 15months. His iron serum was really high (183) and hemoglobin was at 10.2 which was higher. Serum ferritin was at 7...

Last reply
  • Swollen sore armpits and elevated platlets...scared and panicking

In June I started treatment for gastritis. Bloodwork showed platelets at 531, was 483 in Oct and latest bw showed platelets at 533, WBC 11.3 In December I was put on protonix for the continuing gastritis, it seemed to help but I started to notice pain/pressure in my armpits. A burning sensation across...

Posted
  • Reactive lymph node

Hi, I have had a tiny hard reactive lymph node under my ear.  It’s half the size of a pea.  I’ve seen a couple of drs who don’t think it feels cancerous but are watching.  It does seem hard but movable. My ENT put me on antibiotics and it did fully go away but came back once antibiotics...

Posted
  • 2 large hard lymph nodes in the neck

Hi,  My husband (40 yr old) has 2 large hard lymph nodes on the right side of his neck. One is 5 cm the size of a small lime. He got an ultrasound and it showed a lot of blood vessels flowing into the large lymph nodes. Doctors said they are suspicious of an enlarged/ malignant lymph node. It moves...

Posted
  • Lymphoma or Swollen Lymph Nodes

About two months ago, I developed a pea-sized (maybe smaller) lump on my neck, on the front left side, a little above the Adam's apple.  This occurred as I was getting over a cold, and it was sore for a few days.  By the time I got in to see my doctor, the soreness was gone, but the lump...

Last reply
  • Chemotherapy for CLL

Hi, In December 2016 I was diagnosed with CLL (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia).  In the past six months my white cell blood count has increased from 45 to 75 and my haematologist has told me that I will probably have to have chemotherapy some time in 2018. I've been told it will be a combination...

Last reply
  • Worried about Possible Leukemia

Hello, I am a 21 year old female who is going through a living nightmare.  A little over a year ago, I woke up in the middle of the night thinking I was having a heart attack. My heart began to race and it felt like I stopped breathing. Immediately after, I was dizzy and nauseated and was vomiting...

Last reply
  • Low WBC/Neutrophils and Ferritin

Recently had some bloods done because I’ve been feeling exhausted, severe hair loss and headaches .. they’ve come back as WBC 3.0, Neutrophils 1.4 (these have been declining for 3 months - HIV and Hepatitis has been ruled out) and Ferritin was 5.0 ... I’m in the Uk and I understand American results are...

Last reply
  • Chronic illness worsening

I have a sort of chronic illness and i am at a loss. I am 21 years old and for the past 5 years my body is starting to fall apart. All my bloedtests came back normal inclusing ecg, mri head, hearthfilm..  I have servere joints cracking and poppin everywhere, i am always weak and tired, my muscles...

Last reply
  • How to Boost the Immune System

Historic firsts in whey protein, glutathione, and the immune system 2008: Gustavo Bounous, Wulf Dröge and colleagues were the first to show in a placebo controlled clinical trial the health benefits of an undenatured whey protein isolate in cancer patients. Antiox. & Redox Signaling. 2008....

Posted
  • Anxiety or Lymphoma?

Hello, I'm 17 and recently I’ve been having on and off lower and middle back pain that is fine when I am active but hurts when I’m sitting down or laying down. This morning I woke up and there is a raised red itchy bump? Area in the crease of my right leg and looks swollen. I also have a rash like...

Posted
  • Concerned 😐

Having had 2 repeated Blood Tests plus Urine "Protien" GP has called me back for yet another Blood/Urine Test Apparently my Hb? is 37 and the range should be for my age/gender between 23/35. . I will be asking The Reasons For more Tests but I'm Concerned Has anyone experienced similar...

Posted
  • Low white blood cell count and stomach/abdominal pain

Hello everyone, I am trying to figure out possible causes of my symptoms. I've seen different doctors for the past couple of months and have yet to figure out what is wrong. I started crossfit in May and have lost twenty pounds until my doctor advised me to stop exercising completely in late October...

Last reply
  • Scared to death that I might have Leukemia

I was scratching my leg in the shower the other day... I got out of the shower just this morning and i see a rash. I look a little closer and I realize it is a blood bruise rash. I hop on google and type in "blood bruise from scratching". Here I learn it is a major symptom of leukemia as i...

Last reply
  • Someone help

Anyone know why my arm pit has been hurting me today, burning sensation under my arm and then all my left arm keeps going tingling or just feeling weird and weak? My arm pit near the crease feels hard and swelled. Iv had a small sized pea lump under my arm pit at the bottom for nearly 3 years. Doctors...

Posted
  • Help!

About a month ago I was diagnosed with anxiety and panic attacks. I went through a really bad stage where I just didn’t want to get out of bed I thought I was termanilly ill. I honestly thought I had a brain tumour with the dizziness i was getting and headaches everyday. Iv stopped taking the pill and...

Last reply
  • Should I be worried about lymphoma ?

Hello, I am 18 years old male and I am worried a lot. I have always been a huge hypochondriac and the last 3 months were hell. I thought I had all kind of cancers, ALS and other things. About a month ago, after a third blood test in a row i got ruled out leukemia (I had weird stabbing shin pain and thought...

Last reply
  • Does this sound like bone cancer please?

A few years ago I started to get involuntary movements when I was going to sleep. Literally any parts of me fly out whether it be my arms leg finger head. This then followed with pain in the lymph nodes in the left of my groin along with sharp pains in my left hip. This followed to the right side and...

Last reply
  • 8 yr old low wbc, first lymphocytes then neutrophils?

Hi everyone. I'm not to sure where to post this but I figure many of you will be well informed about wbc's. I have a little girl who currently is seeing an allergist for swollen eyelids every morning. No allergies found. While looking into that we had blood work July 20 and found she has slightly...

Last reply
  • Weird symptoms, no definite diagnosis yet

Hi all, I’ve been having some weird symptoms for quite some time now (about a year) and I’ve only now started to get the ball rolling with an ENT. Reason why it’s taken so long is because my prior GP disregarded my symptoms. Needless to say I switched doctors since then. Anyways, my symptoms include...

Last reply
  • Possibly Lymphoma?

I am a 15 year old female whose had swollen lymph nodes for 12 weeks. I've had blood tests proving it's not EBV, I've been on antibiotics, ultrasounds and I'm going in for another one- and possibly a CT scan. I feel worse by the day. The fatigue, the itching, the swelling, tightness...

Last reply
  • Feeling Desperate.. Swollen Lymph Nodes 8 Months

Hi All! I am a 27 y/o female and I have had swollen/achey lymph nodes since February 2016. I am typically not a very sickly person, and rarely go to the doctor. In February I began feeling "off" - have muscle aches and pains, feeling of swollen lymph nodes in my neck, and just feeling generally...

Last reply
  • Autoimmune Neutropenia

Does anyone have any personal experience of autoimmune neutropenia.? My daughter (25) was diagnosed four years ago and the whole subject seems so vague. She sees a haematologist every six months who monitors her and asks how she feels - other than this no help or treatment is offered. She gets multiple...

Last reply
  • Possible Lymphoma?

Hello! I'm a 22 year old male in good health, however an ultrasound scan initially checking for a hernia 3.5 months ago showed that i have an enlarged spleen (14.7cm), at that time i was unaware of any lymph node abnormalities and blood work was all normal. I was reffered to a haemotologist who...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.