Lymphoma fears.

Posted , 1 user is following.

about a month and a half ago, i developed a horrible illness which has been put down as a virus. it was persistent and severe extreme fatigue, brainfog painful ears and one side of my throat primarily. I was dizzy and felt like I has been hit by a bus. this improved slowly but got periodically worse and better over the course of a month. I also noticed inflamed lymph nodes in the cervical region of my neck. They werent painful one was larder than the others and they were moveable. I was incredibly worried by the 3rd week and went to the ER where they took liver kidney and fbc blood tests, along with feeling my lymph nodes and giving me a chest X-Ray, the doctor told me that they would be able to spot lymph nodes in my chest if i had lymphoma. The chest X-Ray was clear and so was my blood and i was told i have post viral syndrome or chronic fatigue syndrome triggered by a virus. since then ive tried to rest as much as possible and i noticed some improvement of my fatigue and muscle weakness. My lymph nodes also actually seemed to be shrinking a little i could still feel them but they were not as inflamed as they had previously been. i was so glad and got a bit of a rest for a few days but today they've got bigger again my brainfog is coming back a little and my ears feel painful again, i hope its just another mild infection. im getting an unktrasound on my neck tomorrow, my doctor ordered it just for piece of mind. but im seriously worried, would a chest X-ray really show if lymphoma or could they have missed something.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.