Dizziness and fatigue continue after a throat infection

Posted , 2 users are following.

Greetings! About 8 days ago, I started experiencing dizziness and overall fatigue. I could do random tasks but I just didn't feel like doing anything like my daily exercise. And 3 days later, I developed a sore throat and a high fever. I started taking antibiotic (Augmentin) and Paracetamol. In the next few days, the symptoms began to improve. My fever is gone. My throat hurt so bad that it was hard to eat or drink water. It's way better now. I barely feel any pain. Unfortunately, the dizziness and the fatigue I described is still there. Interestingly, it was gone or at least way less noticeable during the first few days of my sore throat experience. I have a fear of developing cancer and I am very afraid of this being something like leukemia. I have gone to my doctor twice, I was told this is a virus infection after I visited them due to my sore throat. When I had dizziness only, I did some tests, which include CBC and CRP. They were all good, my doctor saw them as well. Though I am concerned about my platelets. Shouldn't they be more? I am 18 years old male, I weight around 60 KG and I am 180 cm tall. I have been tracking my weight in the last few days just in case. It stays about the same. May I please have a second opinion? Thank you very much!

I am sorry for the foreign language. Abbreviations are available.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.