Anxiety about lymphoma

Posted ,

Hello everyone,

Two weeks ago I started to feel tired and a little feverish as if I had caught a cold. I went to the doctor who ordered some tests but didn't detect anything special except that my lymphocytes were in a reactionary state and a slightly elevated crp.

I then developed an irritating cough the following week and a loss of appetite. In the meantime I went for an ultrasound (last Tuesday) for something else and it revealed an enlarged spleen. That's when I started to panic and went to dr Google and kept coming up with lymphoma.

I had another blood test this weekend that showed my spleen was down and I was EBV positive (mono). My doctor told me that all my symptoms were mono related and that the spleen would eventually go down.

Despite all this, my anxiety has not diminished, especially since I have been having night sweats every night (but strangely enough nothing when I take naps during the day) that wet my shirt several times a night. Right now my cough is almost gone and i don´t have anymore fever for 1 week or so. But night sweat kept my anxiety very high.

Is it possible to have night sweats with mono? I'm so afraid that my diagnosis is wrong. I try to work on my anxiety but I always end up going back to google and coming back to lymphoma...especially since now I saw that it could be caused by mono...

thank you for your help

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.