Possible Amyloidosis?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, so a bit of a generalised breakdown but I've had issues with reoccurring infections and other health issues since childhood, mostly ear, throat and respiratory infections, easy bruising, Raynaulds syndrome, varicose veins. Now that I'm older it seems to be less ENT linked and more Urology (although i get reoccurring dermal staph infections around the nose)- these include countless UTIs which have become worse and developed into haemorrhagic cystitis (had x4 times from ages 19-26, I am currently 29) and a strep B kidney infection that took 1.5 months and x6 antibiotics to rid (note this is just the most significant kidney infection I've had numerous in the past)- during this time I started getting severe SOB and chest pain which wasn't looked into my the drs but I purchased an oximeter from the chemist and noted (pots?) symptoms eg pulse is 48-55 laying down then goes up to 150 upon standing up and rapidly decreasing laying down again, I also note that my pupils are reacting to light strangely (Hippus) and i have a notable lack of knee jerk reflex going back since childhood (peripheral x autonomic neuropathy?) -I have had a CT of my abdo that showed enlarged para-aortic lymph nodes, mild diffuse fatty liver, distended gallbladder without stones, umbilical hernia and lung parenchymal bands.My red blood cells were elevated, i was positive++ for anti dfs 70 autoantibodies, and ALT 40 with small protein found in urinalysis dipstick test but otherwise tests were normal. I went back for a follow up U/S because i was getting nauseous and diarrhoea after fatty meals and it showed a normal gallbladder but also noted no significant findings on the liver (no fat??) very confusing. Ive had some more bloods since then including flow cytometry by the Rheumatologist and its come back with Urine: elevated proteinuria 208mg/l ref (<150mg/L) creatinine 24.4mmol/L (7-18 mmol/L) Serum: protein 86g/L (60-80g/L) Albumin 50g/L (35-50g/L) beta 1 globulin 5.2g/L (3.5-5.2g/L) beta 2 globulin 5.9g/L (2.3-4.7g/L) IgA 3.69g/L (0.69-3.10g/L) IgG 14.59 g/L (6.10-13g/L) Free kappa 22.4mg/L (3-19mg/L)~ eGFR >90 and no paraprotein found~ please note these were done 4 months after the kidney infection Im really at a loss because it seems like im getting progressively worse / deteriorating but im clinically pretty normal or close to normal and honestly it feels like drs brush me off, but my quality of life isn't great. I'd be thankful for any advice!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.