Possible Symptoms of Lymphoma?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Full disclosure: I am a hypochondriac and I can honestly say that when I read up on things, I start feeling symptoms, so I know a good bit of what I feel is psychosomatic, BUT with this, I am not so sure.

I've dealt with itchy skin all my life bc my skin is sensitive, but in August of 2020, during the height of Covid, the itching came with hives. The itching and breakouts would come and go and would calm itself for days at a time with antihistamines. I even went to an allergist, and got hella bloodwork done, including an antibody test. Everything was normal. The following year, the itching and hives would come and go and usually be triggered at times when something touched certain parts of my skin or when I got really anxious. But no other symptoms. Got routine bloodwork with my PCP and no abnormalities, but for the life of me, I couldn't understand why my skin was doing this to me.

Fast forward to now, I still have the same problem

but I've gotten used to it. It worsens when my anxiety is heightened (I have an anxiety diagnosis and have a Rx for it). But now, I have this cough. Lol. I've always had issues with my allergies and I'm always full of mucus. But this cough comes with a throat tickle that doesn't come as often or keeps me up at night but it is a thing. I tried to figure out where it came from and assumed it may have been my Lexapro because it does cause a lingering dry cough for some. But it's still scaring me. It lingers for a bit and then goes away. And then comes back. In addition, AT TIMES, I get pain in my upperback and shoulders. I attributed it to stress (because things have been intense in my personal life) or the way I sleep (I need a new mattress and my posture is horrible). But when I Google these symptoms for answers, I see how people discount these symptoms like I do and it ends up being something serious. Also the armpit pain. Lol. I have some in my right pit that has subsided since I felt it two days ago. And I felt some pain in my left as well, in addition to the upperback pain and some shoulder pain/tension. I read on Google that the coughand pain behind the breastbone are both symptoms of inflamed lymph nodes in the chest. I'm not sure if my upperback is considered the area behind my breastbone but maybe you guys can help me out with that lol.

I have a doctor's appointment in May and if he doesn't order bloodwork, I'll try to work up the courage to ask for it. I'm just scared of what they'll

find. I don't know. It's just....I'm up at 3:48am CDT having a hypochondriac episode. Any support, or anyone who can relate and it ended up being nothing (or something), please feel free to comment.

Also also, I haven't had any extreme weight loss, no loss of appetite, no night sweats, or fevers. No extreme fatigue. But what I've also come to know about Lymphoma through Google is that it can either hit hella quick or progress slowly throughout the years. I'm losing my s**t. I wanna ignore it but my hypochondria won't let me. I also want answers, but anxiety has me scared of what it actually may be.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.