Very concerned about lymphoma with symptoms and new ultrasound results

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi Everyone,

I have been very concerned about lymphoma and cancer for the better part of 2 years. Admittedly, I have health anxiety and thought I have had many things over the years, and have panicked and cried a lot in fear. I am now in a new situation.

For the last 1.5 years, I have had some lumps I could feel in my left groin, and in my right arm pit. I also started having some itching problems that come and go, abdominal bloating, some shortness of breath, enlarged liver and spleen. Now with the shortness of breath, it has been theorized that because I think of each breath, it causes me to feel like its short. I have fatty liver disease so that covers the liver, and my spleen was 12.35 x 8.5, which the doctors say is nothing as its barely enlarged and could be normal for me. Also, I have had chest xrays, because I read lymphoma can start there, and they came back normal, no abnormalities there.

However, I have just now had 2 ultrasounds done, one in my left groin and one in my arm pit. The big concern is the arm pit one, which they didn't find anything where I said, but happened upon a lymph node there that is measured about 2.2 cm x 1.6 cm. The reporting radiologist is saying no follow up needed as its apprently nearly all filled with fatty hilum entirely, but from reading I have been doing, this is a massive lymph node, and many with this size or smaller have had a cancer diagnosis. Is this not something I should be concerned about just because its nearly all fatty hilumn?

The one in my groin was measuered at 1.8 x .7, also with hilum and a thin cortex is what it says. Over the last year, I have had countless blood tests, an abdominal ct, colonscopy, and abdominal ultrasounds, all coming back normal besides the liver and spleen sizes. Any advice on what I should do about the lymph node findings? Nothing I read on the 2.2 x 1.6 cm node is good, besides the fact that its almost all fatty hilum, it seems the other criteria are pointing towards malignancy on the internet. Should I demand a biopsy??

Thank you in advance for any answers.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.