Neutrophil count 0.48

Posted , 3 users are following.

. I had a neutrophill count of 0.48 last week. I am 45 and had a baby 16 months ago. I have felt fine until the start of August where apparently I had glandular fever. i have had 3 covid tests and all negative. I feel low in energy as to be expected with my son and breastfeeding. he has been sick all summer as well. We both have horrendous coughs atm. I got a major mouth infection 3 weeks ago... Ulcers the size of 10p pieces on my tongue, couldn't speak, eat or drink, which prompted me to get my bloods done and this is what they found.

I am so worried that this is more serious, I am getting my bloods done again today. I am a secondary school teacher and am contact with so many children. I am not sure if I should be in work and can't find any info on that on the internet. can you work in a school with neutrophenia? I can't get a rest my son has been off sick with me for the last two weeks also.I don't know how I can work but I am getting so stressed out as I need to be back before it gets completely crazy busy. can you give me any advice?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christine,

I have low wbc also at the moment so found your post. So sorry to hear your struggles. Have you seen this group on here titled: Autoimmune Neutropenia? A few others have mentioned the mouth sores. I hope you feel better and get some answers! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.