High Platelets

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to get some answers here since my doctor hasn't been much help yet. My primary care doctor noticed about a year ago that my platelets were elevated at about 469 or so, she did not make a big deal of it but jokingly asked if i had a blood disease. I told her not that i knew of and it wasn't mentioned again. This year my platelets were elevated to about 489. my doctor recommended I go and see a hematologist because it had been elevated for over a year. She also did not seem concerned, I freaked myself out and ended up going to the hospital where they tested my blood and my platelet count was 500. When I went to the hematologist my playlist count was slightly lower at 496. I do not have low iron and I do not have anemia, does this mean that I have cancer ?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.