Am lonely what can I do just moved in a house on my own

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have been in a hostel for just over a year was getting on with others but now I have moved into my own house and now am really down and lonely what can I do thanks Michael

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michael, i think you're brave, you must be strong to be alone like this at the moment. You will feel lonely, is this brand new? Have you lived alone before or do you have anyone who you know where you have moved to? If not see it as an adventure. It will take you a while to shift the loneliness but bit by bit you should be OK? Do you have a history of depression? Hopefully you'll be OK? I wish you luck. Lots of it.

• Posted

Hi thanks for the message I've always had depression and this is the first time I've lived on my own so it's new to me I suffer with rehrehutamoid arthritis as Well thank you though Sam

• Posted

Aww thank you so much you sound like a really nice lady I've made a new friend in you it's a shame we couldn't text each other at least you understand thank you Sam x

• Posted

Do you know i was having a dreadful day! I feel delighted that you think i'm kind someone told me i'm narcissistic! I understand loneliness because despite being married and living with someone i don't see him for hours and hours each week. It's so hard i feel like i'm on my own. I just understand you. Maybe you'll find more friends on this site there are some nice people in here. If you know how to private message me you can always talk on there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.