Am really very depressed for my bad tooth

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

My name is toddy and am from India and am really very depressed about my futuer because am only 28 years old and my all tooth have cavity i have not much money for treatment what should i do please suggest me something which help to save my tooth. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there Toddy,

Is there a way you can get a loan or payment plan to fix your teeth? Try and see and a dentist asap. I'm sure they could find a way to give you fillings and provide payment options. Is there a low cost dental hospital or community dental service available to you? Sorry you have cavities but they are easily fixed. Try to get it fixed asap to avoid having to get them pulled. Drink lots of water and perhaps chat to your parents to see if they could help you out with costs. Best of luck and I'm sorry you're going through this sad take care.

• Posted

Hello Toddy

Have you got coconut oil?

Use this as a mouthwash three times a day.

It restores your teeth over time and keeps them strong in your gums.😄

Hope this helps you

From liz ..

• Posted

Hi elizabeth 

thanks for the tips. Actually my main problem is that i feel very ashamed to go for dental checkup and always revolves in my mind what doctor will think about me so i don't know how to face with this problem 

• Posted

Toddy dear, the problem isn't going to get better on its own, is it? Yes, the dentist might scold you about not having taken more care of your teeth, but he/she will be very pleased that you've finally plucked up courage to go. Dentists can also give good teaching on hygiene.

I came from a poor, uneducated family (perhaps like you) where I never learned to brush my teeth because my parents had never been taught to brush theirs. No shame in that.

I was saved when I fell and broke a tooth in the school playground aged 12, and the school sent me to a dentist. He was very good, and fixed all my other teeth too, which were in pretty poor shape, even at that age. He also gave me lessons on how to look after my teeth. After that, like a typical 12-year-old, I went straight home, insisted my parents buy me toothpaste and a toothbrush and also shouted at them that they had to start brushing their teeth too. And they both obeyed, much to my surprise! My mother didn't keep it up for very long, but she was very lucky in that she had strong teeth (although they were all stained dark brown with tobacco) but my father kept up the routine for the rest of his life.

You need to jump over this problem right now, before you lose all your teeth, and perhaps your health too. The dentist isn't going to be angry with you. There's absolutely no need to feel ashamed. Many of us, all over the world, come from backgrounds where we didn't learn basic hygiene, but we can all move on from that, whatever age we are.

And think how great you'll feel when you've finally got a mouth full of healthy teeth and are able to start looking after them.

• Posted

Hi Toddy,

So sorry to hear about your problems. Although the coconut oil mouthwash will help to maintain your teeth, no amount of it will repair decayed teeth. I'm afraid they will have to be put into good order by a dentist first. There really is no alternative to this. If you continue like this you will lose all your teeth and your general health will be affected. Chronic tooth decay and gum disease are well-known causes of heart disease in middle age.

You must find some way of getting your teeth fixed by a proper dentist. No need to go for expensive cosmetic work, just get them fixed so they're healthy and functional. Are there no low-cost public clinics in India? I live in a country where everyone has to subscribe to a State health insurance scheme, but we still have public dental and medical clinics for those who've managed to drop out of the system. You have to wait longer in these places and they're not very fancy, but they offer good basic health care. Why not try googling facilities in your area?

Once you've had your teeth fixed you'll need to be very careful about dental hygiene for the rest of your life - brushing your teeth thoroughly twice a day and having a check-up with the dentist ever year. And then you can use the coconut oil mouthwash as part of your daily routine to keep your teeth healthy. But I'm afraid it's the dentist first!

• Posted

I definitely don't think that sounds crazy! For most of us here, dental phobia is an irrational response, meaning that our fears of the dentist are actually way out of proportion to the actual experience of going to the dentist. So in a way, the phobia is "all in our heads". But even still, it's a very real and legitimate experience-- these fears and anxieties can completely consume our lives, so even if the fear is unfounded, it's very very real. I think a lot of people are ashamed of their dental phobia, because it feels like we're crazy or broken in some way. When in fact, it's almost always a pretty sane reaction to some mental and physical processes that are out of our control.

In your case, though, it sounds less like you suffer from dental phobia and more like your bad teeth actually are kind of ruining your life, despite your best efforts to take care of them. So I don't think it's crazy or irrational at all, or even out of proportion, to feel anxious about your teeth. You've got the crowns and the giant dental bills to show for it. 

I think it's great that you're getting some help from a therapist. One of the things I think you need to get completely clear on is that you shouldn't feel ashamed about your condition, any more than you'd be ashamed of having, say, asthma or diabetes. It doesn't sound like you're to blame for any of the things going on in your mouth (even if you were, it's still important to not let it make you ashamed). I think you should feel as entitled to help and a long term plan as you would be with any other medical condition. Worst case, if this is just a chronic thing you have, then you need to develop some positive ways of accepting it and keeping it from taking over your life. 

Spoken from experience, give yourself lots of space and compassion as you start working with a therapist. It can feel at first like you're coming unraveled, and at other times it can feel like you're just going in circles and not making progress. It's not a linear thing, more like wandering through a strange new landscape, and you just have to trust that you're moving forward and that the therapist is there to help and guide you. But I think it will be a very good thing for you, and provide some much-needed relief.

Take care..

• Posted

Thanks anika 

Very Soon I will try to get rid of this disease. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.