Am sad

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel sad for no reason and I want to cry it is so difficult to live like this, getting up every day without the desire to continue, and my mind torments me with thoughts of self-harm, I want to get ahead I do not want to live like this, but my mind does not help, I feel useless, I have no friends, I feel alone and my partner does not understand me, I am always in a bad mood and unintentionally I treat people I love badly, it saddens me to think about my future, I feel ill health and I can do so little, I can't even fight for myself, I just sit back and watch my life go by, I don't have a good concentration in studies, I have polycystic ovaries and I've gained a lot of weight, people judge and criticize me without knowing why I am overweight Sometimes I need a hug but nobody understands me I feel like I don't fit in this world, maybe I'm not the best person but I'm not the worst, I really want to be me again ...

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hi Laura, what's happened? no i'm not being thick, but what has suddenly sent you feeling so low? i know this virus is really scary, that makes you feel worse being locked in! to begin with i will give you a hug online because it beats nothing 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗, how's that? you can p.m me and i will talk to you. 8 years ago yesterday i lost my dad to cancer at 2.23am, i felt sad too. you find anything that is nice to you - music, singing, walking, dancing, whatever you think is best to you. speak to people, who ever you think is best. write down how you feel, the Samaritans are still available if people too close to home are too hard to speak to! good luck, keep talking - i promise it works.

• Posted

Thank you very much for answering, the truth is I don't know, I get a feeling of loneliness and sadness, I also send you a hug across the distance I am very sorry for the death of your father 😓

• Posted

hi Laura, thanks for replying back, i have just got my head bitten off on Facebook so your comment wipes their nastiness out! i don't where you live and if you can get out but try to, we are in England and i try, even through these tough times to get out every day. if you have a garden sit in it, if you don't walk outside instead, the sun being out just makes you feel good any way, if you can't open your window and look out! imagine what you could do in the sun, write it down, draw it or paint anyway that works for you but just enjoy it! 😁😁😁😁😁

• Posted

Thank you very much for taking the response time, I live in the Dominican Republic we are in quarantine but I can sit in the garden to sunbathe, thank you very much for your advice, the ponds in practice, take good care of yourself.

Laura

• Posted

sorry for my bad English

• Posted

hi Laura, never apologize for your English yours is easy to understand, some people here have shocking language! i think you should have some doctor's there you can contact! ask for their help. tell them you're desperate...

• Edited

I hope you continue to stay strong and refrain from the self-harm. I understand it's difficult, especially during this quarantine. Remember to show yourself compassion, do some opposite action if you feel the urge. We often feel so uncomfortable in the moment we feel we have no other choice but to jump the extreme. We aren't perfect so we must actively practice healthier skills.

If you feel like you're itching to self-harm I'd recommend making a long list of healthier options to do before you resort to self-harm, as a last option (if unavoidable). I'd highly recommend exploring different sensations such as eating really spicy or sour foods when your brain and emotions are overloading, this can help us ground ourselves back into reality. Another option is exploring scents like essential oils. Or take a freezing cold shower. Go for a quick sprint. Your body and mind needs to learn new skills, so you must practice sitting with the emotions even if it's uncomfortable to learn how to deal instead of resorting to self-harm.

If you want to talk to and experience real people, I'd recommend looking into VR Chat. I've heard good things about it and you can interact with people from all over the world. Or try voice chat apps like Goodnight. Even console gaming can be a really good distraction. Also apps like TikTok can make laugh which is exactly what we need sometimes. Especially in quarantine.

Sometimes you just need routine to help get things back on track. Start with simple things. Our diets can also change the way we feel, a simple first step is to drink plenty of water. If you don't already, animals can help a lot when trying to get more fit and also help when you're really upset.

• Posted

thank you very much for your advice I will put it into practice I will stay strong and I will keep fighting until I stop surviving and start living for real

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.