Amatrypalyn for anxiety/silent migraines

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I was precribed amatrypalyn because my optician thinks I'm getting silent migraines (I get headaches a lot lately but just normal ones) because I was experiencing some strange vision symptoms but all of my eye tests came back fine. I'm not 100% sure if their right but I thought I might as well try it and see if the symptoms go away, then I know. I found out it was an antidepressant which could kill two birds with one stone for me if it is effective since I have anxiety but I took sertaline for anxiety before and it made my anxiety worse and gave me bad side effects. I also heard that they can give you blurred vision which sounds unappealing to me because I'm already getting strange vision symptoms and the last thing I want is for them to get worse. Does anybody have any experience taking this drug for anxiety or migraines and did you experience any nasty side effects or were they managable/non existant. I know they can make you drowsy but I don't mind that because it'll help me sleep. Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi chloe one of my friends has been on amitriptyline for 2 years for migrains and has only had one since been on it. She has no problems on it and sleeps well. I was on it for nerve pain and had an increase in my resting heart rate so came off it. It took me 11 months to get off it as it caused me to be anxious getting off of it. We are all different xx

• Posted

I also take amatriptaline for migraines, since starting I've not had one migraine, I didn't or don't get any side affects

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.