Amber103

Posted , 5 users are following.

Finding I'm feeling sick taking  Duloxetine. also disturbed sleep pattern  No change in nerve pain after 4 days. Anyone know if this is likely to pass or how long.

Many thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun smile

i take duloxetine for nerve pain, depression and fibromyalgia, and it can take upto 4 weeks to work properly...

It doesn't help with my fibro symptoms but does help with the nerve pain and depression, i found taking mine in the morning helped with the sleep disturbances...

hope that it starts to work for you soon and that the initial side effects pass quickly.

*big hugs* smile x

• Posted

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my query. If I decide to stay on Duloxetine I will take your advise and take it in the morning. I thought I was doing the right thing as it said it made you sleepy. Having read some of the posts, I'm not sure we should be taking it at all. 

Take care.

• Posted

Hi Amber, my sickness lasted about 3 weeks but did improve day by day after the first week. I can't remember a disturbed sleep pattern but I did have very vivid dreams. My pain was greatly improved after 3 days but I was started on 60 mgs.

Caroline

• Posted

Hi Caroline,

Thank you for your reply. I just read your post of 5 months ago really scary. So sorry that you have had to come through such an experience.It seems that we should all avoid this drug at all costs. Sincerely hope you are feeling better now. 

• Posted

Hi Amber, that's really kind of you. Yes, I'm feeling a lot better now, I still take propranolol tho as my heart races in the morning. I am also working part time now which gives me more time to relax and take care of myself and walk my dogs.

Caroline x

• Posted

Hi Caroline, Glad to know you are feeling better. I decided yesterday  to stop the Duloxetine as I felt so nauseated, wasn't having a restful sleep and just didn't feel good. It didn't help the nerve pain & in fact I thought the pins & needles in my legs and feet were worse!  My problem is spinal stenosis and I'm waiting for an M.R.I scan. I have been given Tramadol & Morphine patches which I am trying hard not to start, having read the side effects and the problems coming off them.  Dificult to know what to do next and really all your G. P. can do for you is to offer these awful drugs. Yes, walking dogs is good therapy. I have an adorable miniature long haired daschund that doesn't even know it is a dog!!!!!!!!

Amber x, 

• Posted

Hi Amber ,

not sure if it'll ease up for you.My gp, prescribed it for me over 4 months ago now ,and I still cannot stomach them ,or handle the increased pain and discomfort their causing.

My nerve pain has never gotten better ,so ,when I see my gp next I'm telling him no more.

I did give it a good go though ,as he'd said it can take several weeks to feel better on this drug.The only thing I'd say is ,should u become very sick or you persevere and the pains continue ,do speak with your main Dr and explain how rough you feel..hugs ,hope they can work out something 4 you xxx

• Posted

Hi again ,sorry ,didn't realise you'd decided to stop this drug..I've been on zomorph for over 9 yrs ,and the (pain clinics) theory is ,for long term pain being on this can increase ,not decrease our pains.

well ,I did manage to come off the liquid or morph (for break thru pain) ,but am struggling even with very tiny reductions of the zomorph.

Tramadol can be tough for some people ,and difficult to come off too ,so can understand you wanting to be cautious.

The only drug I've had since being diagnosed with my ddd/fibro/arthritis etc was dihydrocodeine.of course it had to be increased though ,and I ended up on morphine (about the only drug that hasn't given me numerous side effects!! Take care do let us know what works for you..xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.