Amilodipine problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

Started on rampril after hypertensive crisis at surgery didn't suit so switched to 5mg of amilodipine which I coped with but didn't reduce bp enough been on 10mg for 5 days and feel so weak and tired bp was 185/124 two hours ago now its 131/88 really low for me does anyone know if this is normal

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi - I find that my b/p is always higher in the morning & levels off as the day goes on.  Just be on the look out for symptoms on the 10 ml like swollen ankles etc.  not everyone experiences it or any other symptoms, but if things seem “off” take notice of it - good luck! I hope this RX works for you - 

• Posted

Monitor your side effects whilst on amlodopine and if you're feeling at all 'under the weather' go back to your Doctor. You might be lucky and not experience any but should you feel some don't worry about saying so, get it checked. I do believe from the remarks others have made whilst taking this medication that their bp has a habit of fluctuating.

• Posted

I have been taking Amlodipine for a few years but also taking ClonazePam so I don't really feel the effects of Amlodipine, I know they are supposed to make you drowsy but it is hard for me to tell it really doesn't help my high Blood pressure that much I just take it because my doctor was worried about my heart in the future. What you are saying about Strength and feeling weak, I never realized myself it could be Amlodipine, thanks for the info now I know why I am so weak and tired all the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.