amiltriptiline

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. Some of you may have read my earlier posts so just to summarise i am a 50 year old man who has been suffering constant daily headaches for 40 years. I am assured there is nothing wrong with me and have tried many drugs. I am now having another go at amiltriptilin at 25mg at night and want to know if anybody has had any real success with it and on what dose?. I hope someone can help and advise as i feel we on here are more knowedgable than the doctors we see.

Many thanks

Ian

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey, Ive been daily constant headaches for the last six months, I've been trying this pill at 10mg at night for a week, I'm not sure but I thinks ive had some improvement as the pains decreased, I'll let you know how i get on ( Its quite hard to get up in the morning but i can live with that if that means no pain')

Thanks

Talha 

• Posted

Hi Ian25191

i was on Amitryptyline for almost a year and then my headaches came back. After numerous blood tests they have found that my platelets are too high so need treatment. Main symptom - headaches. Get a blood test.

• Posted

Hi Kizzi

Thank you for that. I have done some brief research and found i match most of the symtoms mentioned. I have had blood tests but not sure if platelets were checked, i will try to see my doctor( its not easy getting an appointment in the uk). He did however say an infection was present but did'nt bother investigating.

Do you know what the treatment involves?

• Posted

Hi there. I am suffering with severe headaches & have so for a few years now. My neck is in chronic pain too which has come in about a year ago. I have tension & sinus trouble which is what my doctor treats me for. I have taken Endep for about 6 months now. It is supposed to be for helping me sleep, has a pain killer & a mild antidepressant in it. The only thing I've found it to do is help me sleep I guess. Not much in the way of pain killer. I need Panadol with codeine to help with the pain & that's the only thing that helps. My headaches are do severe now, I'm hoping it's not become medication induced head pain.
  • Posted

I have been experiencing constant headaches for the past year. They have been accompanied by lethargy and the more intense the headache gets, the more lathargic I get. I make jewelry and pottery and am wondering if it stems from a toxic material? I have found out that my adrenals reaally need help. My cortisol and DHEA were off. Good luck and tell us if you find anything out, I would love to know. I have wondered if my headaches have to do with my sinuses?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.