amino acid-responsive of crohns disease

Posted , 2 users are following.

could a imbalance of amino acids. by too much serotonin & dopamine cause crohn's,do they both  need to work properly at the right level , i don't know at what level both are needed. and how they got like that , but it seems there is a correlation here, ideaconfused 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Research to date believes it's a combination of some/all of being hereditary, post stomach bug e.g. food poisoning (as was case with me) and environmental factors - mainly stress.

There's lots of research on the middle of the two to do with gut biome etc.

I'm no expert but most people with IBD develop mental health issues such as depression an anxiety. These relate back to serotonin. You may be looking at things back to front and the imbalance was a result of the IBD. As always, it's impossible to day for sure.

• Posted

Hi UK Mattg,   I     have also looked into Mycobacterium paratuberculosis as i had TB when i child , plus i think the blood pressure meds i take can cause Crohn's especially Amlodipine/aspirin low dose, plus calcium channel blocker Fosinopril. i do know not to take Clarithromycin antibiotic .it causes very bad reaction with crohns.  thanks Matt 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.