Amiodarone Toxicity

Posted , 3 users are following.

I post this to alert anyone checking these boards about the dangers of amiodarone. My father was given this drug for a minor arrhythmia, while he was hospitalized with bronchitis. It killed him in just 4 weeks as a result of sudden, irreversible pulmonary toxicity. If you or anyone you love is taking this drug, you need to know just how dangerous it is. The pharmaceutical companies have dodged responsibility for its many toxic effects for years, and doctors are woefully ignorant of its potential life-threatening complications. By doing an internet search under \"amiodarone toxicity\" you can find a wealth of information and a vast support system of people determined to stop this drug from killing anyone else.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I was given this to counterout an SVT a few years ago, its the devils medicine I swear! I had an awful reaction to it, my entire body was covered in bumps, and my brain started to swell! Nasty stuff!
  • Posted

[I have also been affected by an a known side effect of Amiodarone, and I have gone blind. Could you please tell me how to get in touch with the anti-Amiodarone support group to see is anybody else has suffered from the toxic side effects of this drug. I was never informed of the toxic side effects of this drug. Many thanks, (KARAOKE).
  • Posted

I was taken off amiodarone when it was realised that it had managed to kill off my thyroid function. At that time I was walking about like a man of 104 and I was only 56.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.