Skip to content

Cardiac Arrhythmias

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Dumodal 2

I need help solving this problem

Hello I am 29 years old male, I suffer from sudden onset of tachycardia rates going from 178 to 220 bpm, I've suffering from this for 11 years all started me being in a party a d some drunk head hit me in the chest and the tachycardia started I felt unwell but it resolved after 25 minutes but leaving...

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jesse81655 1

How do your PACs/PVCs feel?

Hey all, I've been having PACs and PVCs for about 5 years now, 21yo M who doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs (but I do have anxiety :p ) Anyway I wanted to talk to some people first hand about how theirs feels as I don't know anybody in real life who experiences these, so experiences would help ease...

42 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • stooshiecat 2

Dizziness and increased heart rate

I've been suffering from dizzy spells for about 4 months now.  I've been to the doctor about it and she sent me for blood tests.  They showed my iron levels were half what they should have been so my dizziness was put down to that. I couple of weeks later I noticed that sometime when I was on my feet...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • WORRIED42 2

SVT seems to be back 6 years after ablation.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this.I had an ablation for svt in 2008 where the cardiologist found 2 extra pathways and it seemed to have done the trick until now.Over the last few months I noticed a return of my symptoms which started with the odd flutter but seems to have got quite a...

26 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • billie18342 3

Short PR interval

Ok guys...in October I had an ECG done and it was normal then I had really bad anxiety to the point I stayed in bed for 3 weeks straight. Went to the cardiologist and they did a repeat EKG and it showed a short PR interval, I did another EKG and it didn't, however they repeated it yesterday and it showed...

22 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • Aliens05 2

Are these PVCs/PACs, or are they more? (Will include all symptoms)

So I am 30 years old and male. I am 6 feet 2 inches tall and i weigh 170 lbs.  I have always been athletic and in sports my whole life. I did basketball, track and football all through high school and weight lifting and basketball after high school. About 3 years ago (when I was around 27) I began experiencing...

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • William Zlacki 1

Cardiology Arrhythmias

Could anybody tell me; the diagnoses due to an ECG displaying multiple elevations and de-elevations with P to T waves, with a concurrent P to T wave in certain parts? I know in serious cases when the P to T wave de-elevates and goes under the Isoeletric line in most cases the results are pericarditis....

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • amy19390 2

PVC or something else?

So I had a scary episode last night. With my pvcs it's usually just one hard thud that makes me lose my breath for a second. Last night I felt the normal hard beat but then it felt like my heart got stuck in a irregular rhythm for like 10 seconds after almost like a fluttering but there were two different...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ann02918 1

Ectopic heart beats linked to indigestion.

I am a 63 year old woman with what has now become a chronic ectopic heart problem. Like other members, I have a lot of wind and the ectopia is always eased by bringing up a good burp. Baking soda in water has the best effect.  I would like to concentrate on diet changes to minimise the problem. I have...

47 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • eli86373 2

Missed beats when lying down

If someone could please help me I would be grateful..I notice that when I lay down on my back immediately after exercise my heart misses a beat every two or three beats. This lasts only for seconds but it's worrying me. Is this normal? Why does this happen?

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • samantha 60074 3

Would like some help

My doctors nurse called today to say my echocardiogram was normal but theres an abnormality when my heart is resting. Is this something serious? I dont see my docotr till Wednesday.

21 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jen1978 2

Anxiety symptoms without feeling anxious!

Hi I have suffered with GAD predominantly health anxiety and panic attacks for over 12 years. Does anybody experience symptoms of anxiety, in my case heart palpitations, even when you dont feel anxious? For example, I will be reading or watching TV and feel calm and relaxed but then out of nowhere will...

• Hayhue 5

Ectopic beats - am I just crazy or should I be concerned?

Hi all, I've been having heart flutters/skipped heart beats for the last 2 years since my fibromyalgia first came. They started happening only here and there but have now become more frequent. And when I say frequent, I mean multiple times a day for days. So far this week, it's been happening for 4...

23 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Aliens05 2

Question on heart rhythm im experiencing

So im 30 male 6 foot 2 170 lbs. Ive always been in shape and never had any health issues until this started 3 years ago. Basically what happens is anytime I lift weights ( especially with effort or lift heavy) my heart goes out of rhythm or on the edge of an "attack". It also occurs if i sprint..and...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • karen21607 2

Palpitations, how many?

Hi guys. Can I ask how many palpitations a day you get? I have been getting them all day now for over 2 weeks. Approximately 12 episodes a minute for hours at a time, worse in the evening. Some big thumps and sometimes just flutters. I go to sleep with them and wake up with them. Really getting me down...

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • JGoodman 2

skipped heartbeats, please can I have some help :(

Hi I'm an 18 year old male, yesterday I suffered what felt like a series of skipped heartbeats followed by a rapid pulse. I ended up calling an ambulance, the paramedic took me to A&E and they caught quite a few 'ectopic beats'. they tested my blood and gave me a chest xray and they said that everything...

41 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • peter01729 3

Is my recent ablation failing?

Last month I had a "completely successfull" ablation for Ventricular Tachycardia, I saw a cardiologist last Thursday who pretty much said I was all cured but that they would leave my Reveal Linq in.  I reported to him that I was getting more frequent feelings of my breath being snatched away, he said...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • Penagonewild 2

PVC improvement!

Hello everyone! About 3 to 4 weeks ago I started getting horrible pvcs. I had felt one here and there before maybe once every couple months or so in the past but just out of nowhere I got them constantly!! I am a 6'2" 26 year old male and I'm very over weight, have been my whole life. Getting these pvcs...

• mandy04 3
  • Guest M

ectopics and hiatus hernia

Over 15 years I've had feeling of missed beats followed by a thump, but in last few monts this is a lot more frequent. I have been lover of strong good coffeeso have cut back from about 6 cups to 1 per day. I also have quite large hiatus hernia and wonder there is a link. Noticed in other bloggs that...

26 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • peter01729 3

Why is my Reveal Linq still transmitting?

I had a successful catheter ablation for my Ventricular tachycardia a couple of weeks ago. I have a Reveal Linq fitted but I am wondering why it is still transmitting, at least every five days. Does it do this automatically even if there is nothing to report, or is my heart still doing something wrong...

• runak6 2

Palpitations after Catheter Ablation

Hey all. Dec 2016 I had catherter ablation for tachycardic arthymia.  Mid-Feb 2017 I wore a 24-hour momitor with only 40 palpitations during that time period. My EP Cardio cleared me and said the procedure was a success. By end of March I noticed a stark improvement overall in my healing: fewer palpitations,...

• peter01729 3

Two weeks after Ablation, my heart is starting to hurt?

I had a successful catheter Ablation for Ventricular Tachycardia two weeks ago today. Heart still had a burning feeling for a few days but that went. Today however, I am getting frequent pains in my heart that make me wince, so not really bad but a bit worrying, feels like somebody suddenly squeezes...

• mandy04 3
  • joel53777 1

EKG abnormality

I'm a tele tech, and I've run into a small anomaly over the years. Patient appears to have, sometimes rate dependent, 2 intrinsic rhythms..almost always occurs with BBB..I've been assuming, since I've googled the crap out of it and found nothing, it's a strong accessory pathway that takes over (sometimes...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • LVMURSE 2

Heart Palpitations every time I eat anything.

This has been killing me for the last couple of months now. I've never had palpitations my entire life until just recently (last couple of months) but now I seem to get them all the time. First I thought it was just because i have a stressful job. RN working in a hospital 12hr shifts. But I started to...

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • linda98654 2

Regular recurring bouts of benign Ventricular Ectopics

I have been having the above VE's for about 3 years.Had all the investigations etc and been seen by 2 cardiologists.  Result = no treatment necessary (apart from beta blockers  and other pills for high blood pressure) The ectopics are very frequent (Bigeminy, trigeminy)and I feel so awful,almost ill...

• lily77 2

Ectopic beats

I have been suffering from ectobic beats for over 2,5 years and have been on differen meds starting from Concor up to Inderal but no help. My ectopic beats started when I was diagnosed with anxiety and panoc disorder. After undergoing a therapy of paychoanalysis I have no panic or anxiety disorder though...

• naomi83105 2

Abnormal ECG results :(

Hi so ive been suffering with skipped heartbeats and palpitations for almost 2 years now had a ecg and blood test done at that time and all came bk normal but had a 7 day Ecg last week and doctor called today and said the results are abnormal that a fast heart rate and eptopics where showing up he has...

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lilly55291 2

Unexplained feeling that woke me from sleep. What could it be?

I suffer with a few sinus arrthmyias including palpitations and tachycardia. I've been checked by two cardiologists and both agreed that I am ok. Last night, something really strange happened to me. I'm hoping for some advice. Thank you The scariest thing happened to me. I don't think I was even asleep,...

• kim59492 4

Fainty irregular heartbeats.

Had another episode of palps for about 6 seconds then a fainty feeling, everything went a bit fuzzy, ears went quiet, thumping pulse in myhead, then went all hot. My heart rights itself and apart from a few seconds of dizzyness i go back to normal. This all happens over a period of about 10 seconds and...

• peter01729 3

Effect treated, but I still feel the cause?

My symptoms were that it felt as if my breath was snatched away and my heart leapt into my throat, or a heavy heartbeat that caused my stomach to rise and I could feel as pressure in the groin viens and as if I were being strangled. Both these syptoms could be seen as fifferant waves on an ECG. (Have...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • martin97607 1

Cardiac arrhythmia and tall T waves

Hi all, sorry for my bad english, I am not a native speaker. I am reaching out for helping to understand the condition of my father. He recently (1.5 weeks ago) had flu. My mother as well. He felt really sick and had fever (disappeared), cough, headache and felt dizzi and tired. He got better but then...

• thomas36686 2

In search of the root cause

Hi, I'm here as a 30 something whose been suffering from heart arrythmias for the past 5 years knowingly but probably had the odd skipped beat or two further back than this. When my arrthymias started I seeked medical help. I has ECG's, tapes, heart scans which all returned negative, the doctors I saw...

2 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • Ranger507 4

Remedies

Hi there does anyone have any non-medicinal sort of home remedies to help with anxiety induced heart palpitations? I'm already on beta blockers but was looking to see if there was any other tips people could share thanks

Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.