Skip to content

Cardiac Arrhythmias

Also known as Amiodarone, Arrhythmias, Cordarone, Flecainide, Palpitations, Tambocor

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Slow Heart Rate

Hey everyone, recently I've been tired throughout the day minus exercise, but I noticed that my resting heart rate is very low (around 50-55 bpm). I'm not an athlete either, so I think it's bradycardia? What should I do to alleviate my tiredness? I also have ectopic beats, but they' …

Last reply
  • Heart palpitations - dozens per hour

Last night I had something scary happen. I've had palpitations for years, by usually it's only a few per day. I've had my heart checked by echocardiogram, holter, blood tests, EKG, MRI.  Everything is always normal.  Well last night I had a small margarita and settled down to …

Last reply
  • PVCS for 8 years

Well... hi everyone. I am new in this forum and i am having that PVC s for 8 years now. I've tried everything.....magnesium, fish oil, exercise, diet, e.t.c. I don't drink alcohol, i am not a smoker, and i am 34 years old. I don't really think that any of these remedies could work. …

Last reply
  • Causes of PVCs/palpitations/VT?

So I was diagnose with idiopathic ventricular tachycardia a couple of months ago based on the ECG attached. It originates from the left ventricle which is much more difficult to treat with ablation than the right ventricle, and comes with a higher chance of complications due to the much more …

Last reply
  • Digestive issues causing PVCs & VT?

How common is this? I am becoming increasingly certain that I have finally found the cause of my heart issues. I started working out in early March and as a result I started eating a lot more, mainly in the form of protein/carb shakes to meet the recommended daily calorie intake of about 3000 for …

Last reply
  • Heart issues

I am 19 years old, don't necessarily meet the criteria for someone with a heart issues but I'm 90% convinced I have a heart problem. This all started since I was about 13 reading about young people suddenly die because cardiac arrest playing sport, I use to be really active but I'm not …

Last reply
  • Pvcs pacs and inverted T waves

Hello everyone!  This site has been very helpful with my heart palpitation struggles.  About a year ago I started to have  the pvc’s and pac’s. Over the year they have became more frequent. I had several ekgs, all with inverted t waves. I had a stress echo which turned out fine, and …

Last reply
  • POTS or Anxiety? Tachycardia + ectopics

Hello, I am 22 years old male and I need your HELP! I had to quit work, I did not leave my home for 2 and a half months, my family thinks I am crazy, I beg your help. I had lots of tests done that I will provide after I write my symptoms. My heart rate upon standing goes from 80 (sitting) to 120-150 …

Last reply
  • RBBB - Echocardiogram and Major Surgery

I had my right hip replaced in May 2016.  My former op date was postponed due to findings resulting from the pre op assessment when a "blip" was found on the ecg.  The clinic decided that I should have an echocardiogram, and the op date was cancelled. The results of the echo …

Last reply
  • Heart Issues

19, BMI of 17 so im just underweight, don't drink or smoke, used to be active but now when I play sport or exercise I experience chest pains or get tired quick, I've virtually given up, can't remember the last time I've been comfortable... I've been experiencing palpitations …

Last reply
  • HELP

So, I've been dealing with 'palpitations' for the better part of 18 years, I am 42 at this point and they started when I was roughly 24.  I have been taking Atenelol since that time frame as well.  I used to get the 'extra beats' or the 'skip beats', ' …

Last reply
  • Heart palpitations upon wake up

Omg I’ve had this for 2 years, I’ve had 2 opinions and one doc said panic attacks after several tests come bk normal, my heart rate goes up to 145 plus with normal tachycardia but the other doc said I could have an over stimulated vagus nerve 🤷‍♀️Could be from straining, but It seems to …

Last reply
  • Palpitations (PVCs) EVERYDAY!!!

Im 32 yo female, 3 kids, happily married, with wonderful job, my life is soooo good!! Soooo Why during the pregnancy of my 3rd (there was alot if stress at this time, selling house, buying a house, time frames, changing positions at work, etc) I was having these heart flutters randomly...told my OB …

Last reply
  • AFIB and Tens machine usage

Had AFIB episode this March, shocked into rhythm.  Have lower back pain, bought WiTouch Pro TENS machine for pain BUT the warning sheet says Do not use if rhythm disturbances to the heart.  Anyone know if TENS is safe on lower back, any experiences with afib and tens usage?  Would …

Last reply
  • Sytols of the Heart

Well i was Getting some dizzy spells my age is 68 yrs. I went to a heart specalist in Cyprus. She said i have systoles on the heart .almost every beat is a red line. About 1 year ago this was happening. At the moment the dizzy spells have stopped could any one please advise me. Somtimes chest and …

Last reply
  • PVCs and pac tachycardia

I had super ventricular tachycardia at 16 years of age my heart would beat 250 times a minute until I was 37 I had a cardiac ablation for svt now I have pvc and pac and a little atrial fibrillation now I am 51 and still having them I still worry about them I feel a choking sensation every time I …

Last reply
  • Worried again

I'm laid in bed just woke up my heart was slow then out of nowhere my heart was going faster the slightest movement n my heart will speed up I take propranaol every day its goid but its first thing in a morning I have pulse oxymeter I put that on my finger saud hr was 79 but that's high …

Last reply
  • Xanax

Has anyone noticed that taking Xanax it makes your heart race?!  I have had panic attacks before and then come and go.  Before Xanax...... Well this past panic attack on Sunday. I felt this weird sensation over my body and my heart started to race. I ended up in ER. They gave me Xanax …

Last reply
  • heart rate 60-93 in a matter of seconds, in bed

Hi all, writing because I just got super scared. I was in bed and all of a sudden felt my heart tense up, was wearing a fitbit, looked at my heart rate and it went from 60-93 (was going up but I took my fitbit off because I was getting freaked out), lying in bed the whole time. Anyone experience …

Last reply
  • Taurine and ... chocolate?!?!

I've been fighting some kind(s) of arrhythmias for years now, and found that taurine-foods and taurine pills helped, but did not eliminate the problem.  Recently I tried a higher dose of taurine and that seemed to help more, but also seemed to bring a couple of even worse episodes.  …

Last reply
  • Can any1 shine a light as to whats up?

So here is my dtory. I have a baby who is 2. At around 9 months i suffered severe depression and anxiety.  I was put onto fluoxetine after months of suffering and it helped me do much but i then started to feel lots of heart symptoms. Palpitalions chest pain shooting pain it would literally …

Last reply
  • Cardiac Ablation for PVCs, PACs - Success Story, No BS

Hi friends! New poster, long time lurker. Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories over the years! I spent years Googling PVCs, PACs, and arrhythmia after I began experiencing them 8 years ago. I can feel each thump, each bump, each bigemic run. I have worn more Holter monitors than most, …

Last reply
  • feeling of bubbles popping?

for the last week and a half  have had these feelings in my chest/windpipe area. They feel like as what I can describe as "air" popping in my windpipe area sometimes they feel nearly at the top of my throat are sometimes further down. initially I thought it was palpatations as I …

Last reply
  • Today suddenly heart skips a beat every few ?

Hi! So a little background... I went to the hospital last night for a migraine that's lasted a few weeks and just feeling tired and fuzzy...While I was there,they gave me an EKG because my heart rate was extremely high (however I have horrible panic disorder and this always happens at the …

Last reply
  • I've had bad anxiety since jan18

In Dec 17 my heart went crazy would pound hard abs fast in chest then the racing started then would have impending doom feeling then when I looked at my phone my heart wud go crazy but all that eased but now I get all different symptoms like is waeker and not beating like it should I have floating …

Last reply
  • Amiodarone and kidneys

Amiodarone and kidney function Posted about a year ago Has anyone had amiodarone effect their kidney function? I had a heart attack that led to a cardiac arrest in May and another cardiac arrest in June. I have an ICD implanted and was shocked for vfib and vtach numerous times in October so I was …

Last reply
  • PLEASE read. Desperate for advice

Hi, I do apologize that this may be a little long Im a 20 year old male, no family history of heart disease, do not smoke, drink, or do drugs I have suffered with heart fluttering since I was about 14 years old. However, they have gotten a lot worse in the last few months. They now last up to 7 …

Last reply
  • Night Time Arrhythmia - Paint Around my Body Next Day

Hello, am 38 years now, since like 7 years I started to suffer from Skipped heart beats when I start sleeping, then gradually I started to feel pain around my body when I wake you...I think it is because the skipped heart beat frequency increased in a way that made my circulation not effective at …

Last reply
  • Gallstones cause arrhythmias?

Anyone ever hear of gallstones causing arrhythmias? Been having the arrhythmia problems for years, on and off, up and down, and just now - it's suddenly cleared like I can't remember when.  Just a week ago it was pretty awful.  I've never had a decent diagnosis from a series …

Posted
  • SLOWED heart rate?! Help!

My heart rate is normally around 112bpm resting but in the last 3 weeks it has lowered to between 60-70bpm and not over 80bpm (even with strenuous activity). I am a 30 year old and otherwise healthy, female. Recently I have been suffering from dizzy spells, extreme fatigue and nausea. Not sure if …

Last reply
  • Low heart rate

Hi For years I’ve suffered SVT with history of brief aFib. My SVT was usually hormonally charged however I had a hysterectomy 8 months ago for which initially stopped palpitations, I also quit smoking, I felt great. They’re back. Not as severe but still aware. I’ve also noticed a very low resting …

Last reply
  • Potassium Problem Causes Arrhythmias etc

I am on a very heavy amount of Diuretics to combat edema....... For past number of weeks I am having ongoing Cardiac Arryhythmias and  my teeth have begum to crack and break away from the gum....Painful .......and now I have appointment with Dental Hospital in Dublin (Ireland) to remove at …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.