Skip to content
Ad

Cardiac Arrhythmias

Also known as Palpitations

All discussions in this group

Next
  • NSVT.... had 12 beats 2 days ago! First time they said!

I was watching tv. All of a sudden felt a skip in lower heart. Then got extreme vertigo and felt like everything was white. Well, told my husband thought I was going into afib. ( I have had that once) When I felt better, felt pulse, it was higher ( I have low pulse becuase or meds) I have a pacemaker...

Last reply
  • SVT seems to be back 6 years after ablation.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this.I had an ablation for svt in 2008 where the cardiologist found 2 extra pathways and it seemed to have done the trick until now.Over the last few months I noticed a return of my symptoms which started with the odd flutter but seems to have got quite a...

Last reply
  • How do your PACs/PVCs feel?

Hey all, I've been having PACs and PVCs for about 5 years now, 21yo M who doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs (but I do have anxiety :p ) Anyway I wanted to talk to some people first hand about how theirs feels as I don't know anybody in real life who experiences these, so experiences would...

Last reply
  • I am plagued with ectopic heartbeats and have lapsed int...

I am plagued with ectopic heartbeats and have lapsed into AF upon many occasions. I am only early 40s and these irregular beats have ruined my life. I have a rare illness antiphospholipid syndrome, which as a blood clotting disorder is clearly partly responsible. My biggest problem is that the runs of...

Last reply
  • 16 year old grandson with heart problem

My very athletic 16 year old grandson had a heart scan (c.r.y. funded at his football club) which showed that his electric transmitters in his heart weren't working properly. He is seeing a cardiologist in two weeks and until then has been told not to take part in any exercise. Can anyone tell me...

Last reply
  • Palpitations & Pins&needles in feet/hands?

Hi. I've just joined this group so this is my first post here. Basically, for the past 4/5 years I've been getting heart flutters / palpitations. Usually only once or twice a day followed by slight pins & needles in hands/feet/arms legs etc. sometimes the pins & needles last a few seconds,...

Last reply
  • I can feel a flutter in my thoart.

Hello there my name is Alex I just turned 20 this month I’m a female height is 5’4 weight is 120. I’m here today because recently I’ve been experiencing a fluttering feeling in my throat. It’s so annoying and makes me super scared and anxious when it happens. I have to cough really hard for it to go...

Last reply
  • skipped heartbeats, please can I have some help :(

Hi I'm an 18 year old male, yesterday I suffered what felt like a series of skipped heartbeats followed by a rapid pulse. I ended up calling an ambulance, the paramedic took me to A&E and they caught quite a few 'ectopic beats'. they tested my blood and gave me a chest xray and they said...

Last reply
  • Plagued with Ectopics

I am posting here as I find some comfort in talking about my problems / issues I started getting ectopic heartbeats a lot during summer of 2013, I would have a missed beat and then a hard thud beat afterwards after which the heartbeat would return to normal.  At first this really freaked me...

Last reply
  • Low heart rate

Okay so a couple of weeks ago I got a fitbit, one with a heart rate monitor. I have the app linked up to it so it records all my stats.   In the last few days I have noticed that my resting heart rate has dropped to below 60bpm, and today it has dropped to 57bpm on average.   I have seen it...

Last reply
  • What do I do about my palpitations(Strong heartbeats)

I started noticing that my heartbeats have been stronger than usual a week ago, and since then I'm not able to sleep at night. There's a lingering feeling of uncomfort in my heart area, but no pain. I can't sleep on my sides or bend down to pick something up without feeling pressure on my...

Last reply
  • Short PR interval

Ok guys...in October I had an ECG done and it was normal then I had really bad anxiety to the point I stayed in bed for 3 weeks straight. Went to the cardiologist and they did a repeat EKG and it showed a short PR interval, I did another EKG and it didn't, however they repeated it yesterday and it...

Last reply
  • Irregular heartbeat

2 months ago I started having palpitations. My heart skips a beat every 3-6 beats then goes to 25 beats then none for a few minutes.. very irradic.. Anyway, I thought it was the Vasartan I was on and since then have switched meds 2x.. It's a little less but still very uncomfortable. Now, in the last...

Last reply
  • Constant heart palpitations

I'm 41 and pre-menopause. I've been experiencing heart palpitations for a week now. Not as constant as it was 3 days ago, but everyday I have the palpitations 3-4 times lasting 30 minutes to 3-4 hours at times. Been to the doctor and they say everything is fine. Anyone else experience this?

Last reply
  • Ectopic heart beats linked to indigestion.

I am a 63 year old woman with what has now become a chronic ectopic heart problem. Like other members, I have a lot of wind and the ectopia is always eased by bringing up a good burp. Baking soda in water has the best effect.  I would like to concentrate on diet changes to minimise the problem....

Last reply
  • Skipped beats for 3 days!

29 year old male here. 4 days ago I was visiting some family and noticed after a terrible night sleep I was having skipped beats around every 20 beats or so. Otherwise I have no other symptoms or side effects except the strange feeling in my chest and occasionally a weird sensation in the deep back of...

Last reply
  • hyperkinetic left ventricle

Hello everyone, can someone explain me what this means "hiperkinetic contractility of the left ventricle" I got that after an Echocardiogram. I also noticed the dimension of my systolic left ventricle is thinned/smaller then normal ,mine being 15.5mm and normal its between 24/48mm.The rest...

Posted
  • hundreds extrasystoles in a day

I'm 35 years old and for 10 days now i've been having continuous extrasystoles... literally one after another and it's becoming debilitating, i'm exausted! I've seen doctors and be to the hospital twice... they can only tell me \"it's normal\" \"everyone...

Last reply
  • SVT returning

I had  ablation in January of 2016.  Since then I still get the bumps and flutters but nothing kicks off.  Over the past two days I have had 2 episodes where it feels like it is about to start but it doesn't.  After that I feel heavy in the chest and throat and so so tired. ...

Last reply
  • SINUS ARRHYTHMIA DANGERS?

Hi, I am a 24 year old male, in otherwise perfect health. I have recently been investigated by cardiologists for 'dizziness' After an EKG, Stress/exercise test, 24h holter monitor and tilt test, everything came back normal except a few ectopic beats and sinus arrhythmia. I am aware that...

Last reply
  • Heart rate

My heart rate has been between 100 and 125. My doctor put.me on metropala i cant spell it. Yesterday. My heart rate is now in the 90s. How.long does it.take to lower it even more. I used to be in the 70s and 60s.

Last reply
  • Heart rate slower than normal..

Normally my resting heart rate is between 80-90, I checked it about 10 minutes ago and it was 68. i got up to try to raise it to normal which has never really been below 75... normally when i stand up itll reach atleast 100, but it only went to 84... since it is normal that usual should i be concerned?...

Last reply
  • ectopic beats , lBP and heart racing :(

Hi, im new to this site and  have been having some heart related issues and was just seeing if anybody experienced similar problems or has had a diagnosis. any reply's or information would be greatly appreciated heres some info about me before i explain my problem. Male 33, tall, slim build,...

Last reply
  • Heart palpitations and scared! please help

Hello my name is Jenn and I am struggling with heart palpitations and it is causing a great deal of anxiety.  I already have an anxiety disorder so this is making it worse. Nine years ago I had a Echocardiogram and all was normal.  I went to a cardiologist three years ago and had a EKG and...

Last reply
  • Lightheadedness with no cause... Had SVT ablation 5 weeks ago.

Hi guys,  This is my first post here. Im a 20 yr old healthy female and had an SVT attack July 14 2017 triggered by bending over. I was seen in electrophysiology and had my Ablation done Aug 1st 2017.  I have had no svt attacks since then but am feeling very sluggish. I am constantly lightheaded,...

Last reply
  • Irregular heartbeat

I was given meds for BP (different manufacturer) since then have changed to an old med I used to take..beta blocker..the irregular beats continue.. I have been to doc several times and 2 ekg that are normal...Today she changed meds again. Im thinking I will need time to rid if the other meds..Has anyone...

Last reply
  • Ablation worth it?

I don't tolerate meds well. I don't read about side effects until after I experience them. Anyway. If you had it how was recovery? Did you stay calm during the procedure? Did it correct your issues? Thank you for sharing. 

Last reply
  • ECG abnormalities - should I worry about this?

Hi, Because of my heart palpitations I purchased a 1-channel ECG monitor. It said I have "suspected premature beats". The ECG looks weird to me, there is one very large abnormality on the second line, which is not an artefact I think. I was totally steady and still while taking the reading....

Last reply
  • please help, I think I'm dying

I'm on the brink of phoning an ambulance, I'm 18, had a few drinks tonight and my heart keeps skipping beats and feels like it's stopping, I've had this before but i can't cope. My heart stops then makes me cough then my heart beats really fast. Have any of you got any advice, i...

Last reply
  • Constant tachycardia especially when standing

(sorry this is a kinda long post) I'm 17y/o F about 5'6 and quite overweight - i had to stop sports due to heart investigations. I started a beta blocker 3 months ago requested by my cardiologist who has since discharged me with just "tachycardia" although i had recorded episodes of...

Last reply
  • Palpitations (PVCs) EVERYDAY!!!

Im 32 yo female, 3 kids, happily married, with wonderful job, my life is soooo good!! Soooo Why during the pregnancy of my 3rd (there was alot if stress at this time, selling house, buying a house, time frames, changing positions at work, etc) I was having these heart flutters randomly...told my OB and...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.