Skip to content

Cardiac Arrhythmias

Also known as Amiodarone, Arrhythmias, Cordarone, Flecainide, Palpitations, Tambocor

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Sinus tachycardia

For over a year now I’ve been dealing with this stressful situation.. every time I go to the doctor I get very nervous and my heart starts racing’s it’s almost as if I’m scared but I’m scared of the unknown and that makes me like get a lot of anxiety I’ve gone to the emergency room 3 times in the last...

Last reply
  • Symptoms after heart ablation

Hi. I had my ablation for svts 16 days ago and I'm having a lot of symptoms that are making me very anxious. I was told the procedure was a sucess. I've had a lot of palpitations and chest discomfort. Yesturday was a good day none at all but in the eve lots of palpitations, my heart rate dropped...

Last reply
  • SVT or Anxiety...which is it? Doctors tell me different answers.

Hello, I am a 24 year old male, average build, average fitness (I play some rec sports and can do physical labour). In 2011 I had my first 'attack' - I was getting ready to go a concert and having some drinks with some friends. Then I felt a lump in my throat and my heart started to race (180-200bpm),...

Last reply
  • PVC, then racing heart

Hello,  I have a quick question to ask regarding palpitations and how they feel for you. A little backstory: I have been weaning off Lexapro for about 4 months now, and was able to completely stop the medication for about 10 days before having to get back on due to withdrawal symptoms (severe dizziness,...

Last reply
  • SLOWED heart rate?! Help!

My heart rate is normally around 112bpm resting but in the last 3 weeks it has lowered to between 60-70bpm and not over 80bpm (even with strenuous activity). I am a 30 year old and otherwise healthy, female. Recently I have been suffering from dizzy spells, extreme fatigue and nausea. Not sure if these...

Last reply
  • Skipped heart beats

Hi I have been looking everywhere to find a forum to have a chat with people who might be suffering from the same feelings I’m having for the past 12 days. It’s a long story but for the past 12 days I have started to feel my heart skip beats on a regular basis. They can last anywhere between 5mins to...

Last reply
  • Blackout whilst driving

I've experienced palpitations occasionally over the last few years which last a few seconds and take my breath away. They have never bothered me. Yesterday I had been driving for a few minutes when I experienced a large palpitation which really took my breath away and caused me to blackout for a...

Last reply
  • Ectopic beats

Hello! I'm a 19 year old male with ectopic heartbeats and I plan on going to Amsterdam for a holiday. Since cannabis is legal there, I was thinking of trying it. Are there any health risks to me if I try it? Or am I more at risk if I just drink beer while I'm there?

Last reply
  • How do your PACs/PVCs feel?

Hey all, I've been having PACs and PVCs for about 5 years now, 21yo M who doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs (but I do have anxiety :p ) Anyway I wanted to talk to some people first hand about how theirs feels as I don't know anybody in real life who experiences these, so experiences would...

Last reply
  • Metoprolol Tartrate

Hey guys...So I had emergency cardiac surgery due to a large cardiac myxoma ​found in my right chamber in my heart..doctors said blocking about 80% of my blood flow. Post surgery I was put on 25mg of Metoprolol twice a day because I went into aflutter and had a couple tach issues the day after. about...

Last reply
  • Ablation for svts

Hi. I walked 5 miles today 7 days after my ablation and now I can't sleep as I'm having a few missed beats and flutters and get anxious. Have a over done it, done any harm? Is this normal? Looking for reassurance. Thanks

Last reply
  • I had an ablation but I still have some symptoms.

Hi everyone, I had my ablation on march 2nd 2018, the doctor told me it was successful but still he said I will have an xtra bit, This morning I felt like I couldn't breath for a second, I got scared and suddenly it starts the palpitations but it stops very fast, it seems like my heart will like...

Last reply
  • Ectopic Beat Diagnosis - Something more?

Hello all, I'm really hoping I can get some relief from this group. I'm a 37 year old male, with a history of ectopic heartbeat. Recently in the last 6 months or so, my ectopic problem seems to have got much worse. Going from a missed beat, and a thud now and then I can wake up and get strings...

Last reply
  • Heart feels weird.

Hi I’m 25 years old;  Freaking out my heart my stop suddenly.  I’m currently experiencing tingling/butterfly feeling on the left side of my chest for about 3 weeks now.  I have GAD- generalized anxiety disorder it’s  very  bad. Anxiety mostly centralized in health but it also...

Last reply
  • Heart palpitations. What kind is it?

Every now and then, but becoming more frequent I have had a heartbeat that freaks me out. It almost feels like the heart stops or just sputters. When it happens I can't move I can't think or do anything and the one time I was standing when it happened I almost went to the floor. I wouldn't...

Last reply
  • unusual observations on PVC ( Ectopics)

Hi .. I have PVC (Ectopics) with a burden anything up to 25%.... At their worst when I am missing one beat in four, I have noticed that if I hold my breath then the ectopics immediately stop and the heart beats normally ..The ectopics reappear as soon as I restart breathing. Has anybody experienced this...

Last reply
  • All the time fast heart rate

Hi. I have long short story about my fast heart rate. My heart rate when im sitting calm or standing is around 100-120. Small movement increase a lot, but when im laying most of time its normal like 60-80. When im walking its going up to 160 and in gym working out with small and not heavy things...

Last reply
  • Worsening tachycardia + other symptoms

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with inappropriate sinus tachycardia about 5 years ago - I'm a 25 year old female. Since this time and until recently I've been on bisoprolol 2.5mg and had no side effects. Recently, I'm trialling an increase to 3.75mg as I've noticed that my constant fast...

Last reply
  • Worse ectopic beats after laying down.

Does anyone experience worse pacs when they get up after laying down for a while? It seems that if I get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom when I lay back down I will get runs of pacs 2-3 in a row then a normal beat then a pac then 5 normal beats and so on . It can last 5 min or 1...

Last reply
  • occurs at same time of day?

Anyone ever hear of an arrhythmia of any kind, that occurs by the clock, at the same time of day?  I've been doing much better on arrhythmias for the last few months, but for the last few days I've had some symptoms starting around 3:30 and extending to near midnight.  Then clear again. ...

Last reply
  • Palps with Elevated Heartrate

So after being diagnosed with new onset aFib in January 2018 and having an electro cardioversion, I am taking Pradaxa and having what I assume are palpitations, PACS or PVCS with an elevated heart rate for a few minutes afterwards. These usually occur on my daily bike rides. How do I know if these are...

Last reply
  • Amiodarone withdrawal

I know amiodarone has a long half life but has anyone cone off it nd had any kind of withdrawal symptoms? I take my last 200 mg dose tomorrow. I was on it for vt/vf.

Last reply
  • SVT seems to be back 6 years after ablation.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this.I had an ablation for svt in 2008 where the cardiologist found 2 extra pathways and it seemed to have done the trick until now.Over the last few months I noticed a return of my symptoms which started with the odd flutter but seems to have got quite a...

Last reply
  • I'm new :)

Hi, I've just joined. I've had SVT in the past (had an ablation almost 2 years ago), and currently have POTS/IST with occasional atrial flutter. I have lost 20kg and this seems to have helped a fair amount. I also have IBS and the symptoms are much worse if I deviate from my low FODMAP diet....

Last reply
  • Palpitations - no sleep

I’m a 22 year old male who’s been suffering from palpitations at night for nearly a year now, sometimes for days on end, sometimes not at all. The last few nights have been particularly bad; on one night I didn’t get any sleep whatsoever. I’ll be drifting off to sleep when all of a sudden my heart flutters...

Last reply
  • Should I be worried

So since dec 31st of this year I have had problems first it started with head pressure really bad to the point were I got ct from hospital and dirreaha then chest pains came with it with the head pressure dirreaha ekg blood test fine.. Head pressure is gone vision is still on and off and head pain on...

Last reply
  • Whirling/Spinning Sensation

I believe that this website is UK based. I stumbled upon it. I have been having strange whirling/chugging sensation going on for two years. I live in the Deep South in the US. I went to many MDs to rule out other non cardiac issues but realized it was coming from my chest area. Every test was completely...

Last reply
  • Are they ANY success stories?

Been reading a lot about people experiences with Amiodarone on here and majority of it have been negative. As I've heard this drug aside from it's many side effects actually does is job are there ANY good success stories? There has to be a few people on this forum who have had a good experience...

Last reply
  • Good experiences of flecainide?

Hi I'm about to come of adizem xl and start flecainide. I've had a calcium scan of my heart which showed no calcification. I have seen a lot of negative posts about flecainide e.g. weight gain, loss of energy, memory deterioration etc. but no 'good news' stories so far. I'm starting...

Last reply
  • Time to go to Hospital?

I am a 29 yo male. Have an appointment in 1.5 months about some other stuff but will also be bringing this up again- should I be getting looked at sooner? No other health issues, no medications. Healthy weight, non-smoker. Lightly active. I have had these palpitations for 12-13 years now and was given...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.