Skip to content

Cardiac Arrhythmias

Also known as Amiodarone, Arrhythmias, Cordarone, Flecainide, Palpitations, Tambocor

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • PACs and PVCs...what worked for me.

Hello, People's research and sharing is great on these sites. As a matter of fact, I can relate to everyone's research because we all do research. We do it because noone has an answer. Well, I found the solution for me. The cure, not just masking symptoms. And, we're talking about a guy who...

Posted
  • Help with potential severity of Holter Monitor results

First off, I do know I need to see a cardiologist. However, I do not currently have one and I am relocating across country in 8 weeks, so getting into a cardiologist at this point is pretty impossible and will need to wait. Problem is, being a person who already suffers from a panic disorder, waiting...

Last reply
  • Is this an Arrhythmia the doctors missed? please help

Im 20 years old, never smoked or drank, no family history of heart disease. I have always gotten these weird feelings of my heart fluttering since I was like 4 years old. But a few days ago, It felt like my heart was fluttering and spazzing for like 7 seconds straight and I got so dizzy. Im always so...

Last reply
  • Infection possible cause for PVC/PAC's?

I have had PVC/PAC's and palpitations for many years, but mostly palpitations.  This last December I started getting a lot of the PVC/PAC's I was on a 48 hour monitor and I was having approximately 800 episodes an hour.  This went on for about two months.  In that time I had to...

Last reply
  • is this AFIB? someone please help

Hi. A little about myself --> - 20 yr old male - never drank or smoked - no family history of heart disease - diagnosed with anxiety Since I was about 14, I have felt a feeling where it feels like my heart is fluttering/spazzing out at times. usually the fluttering only lasts about 1-2 seconds. A...

Last reply
  • Arythmia ?

Hello, For the last 5 months I have been getting periods of intense light headedness and chest pain.  I was hospitalized for 4 days last month and they put me on a holster monitor for the whole time I was there. They also did an echo several ECG’s and an untrasound. Everything came back normal. ...

Last reply
  • Heart palpitations and scared! please help

Hello my name is Jenn and I am struggling with heart palpitations and it is causing a great deal of anxiety.  I already have an anxiety disorder so this is making it worse. Nine years ago I had a Echocardiogram and all was normal.  I went to a cardiologist three years ago and had a EKG and...

Last reply
  • Should I get this looked at?

This is about "skipped heart beats". So right off the bat, I'll explain that I have anxiety and panic disorder. Usually I have these skipped beats under control and I don't worry. However the last 3 weeks or so I have been exercising trying to get fitter. One thing I have noticed...

Last reply
  • V Tach (NSVT) Ablation 3 weeks ago

Hello Everyone!  I had a cardiac ablation for NSVT 3 weeks ago.  I felt terrific for the first 2 weeks with no symptoms at all.  Over the last 5 days I've had numerous "odd" beats with my heart.  It's hard to explain - they don't feel like the huge pounding beats...

Last reply
  • Flecainide acetate for PVCs - Side Effects?

I have been diagnosed with PVCs.  Had an ablation 10/31/2017.  PVCs went away for a bit, but they have come back, worse than before (I am very syptomatic - dizzy/blackout, etc).  Wore a few monitors, got a new dr.  She determined that I have waaaaaay too many spots on my heart and...

Last reply
  • Help please, most pvcs ever

Hi there so I have been prone to pvcs for a few years now and I am sure that many of you who get them know how horrid it is. I am used to getting the odd one every day maybe or a few a day but for some reason about an hour ago they started and didn't stop for about an hour where every few minutes...

Last reply
  • Ablation for svts

Hi. I walked 5 miles today 7 days after my ablation and now I can't sleep as I'm having a few missed beats and flutters and get anxious. Have a over done it, done any harm? Is this normal? Looking for reassurance. Thanks

Last reply
  • Symptoms after heart ablation

Hi. I had my ablation for svts 16 days ago and I'm having a lot of symptoms that are making me very anxious. I was told the procedure was a sucess. I've had a lot of palpitations and chest discomfort. Yesturday was a good day none at all but in the eve lots of palpitations, my heart rate dropped...

Last reply
  • I'm confused.. Do I have ARVD? abnormal ECG

Hi, I am writing to this forum as I am currently worried sick, and just need another opinion. I am a 21 year old male. Last November I wen't to hospital with heart palpitations and was very overwhelmed with sweaty, clammy hands and chest pains. I was left in hospital for 2 nights as the doctors...

Posted
  • Slow heart rate

My resting heart rate is in the low 40s during the night and high 40s in day. (Picked up on fitbit). I had an ablation 3 weeks ago and I'm on 1.25mg bisoprolol. Should I be concerned? Thanks

Last reply
  • SLOWED heart rate?! Help!

My heart rate is normally around 112bpm resting but in the last 3 weeks it has lowered to between 60-70bpm and not over 80bpm (even with strenuous activity). I am a 30 year old and otherwise healthy, female. Recently I have been suffering from dizzy spells, extreme fatigue and nausea. Not sure if these...

Last reply
  • Sinus tachycardia

For over a year now I’ve been dealing with this stressful situation.. every time I go to the doctor I get very nervous and my heart starts racing’s it’s almost as if I’m scared but I’m scared of the unknown and that makes me like get a lot of anxiety I’ve gone to the emergency room 3 times in the last...

Last reply
  • SVT or Anxiety...which is it? Doctors tell me different answers.

Hello, I am a 24 year old male, average build, average fitness (I play some rec sports and can do physical labour). In 2011 I had my first 'attack' - I was getting ready to go a concert and having some drinks with some friends. Then I felt a lump in my throat and my heart started to race (180-200bpm),...

Last reply
  • PVC, then racing heart

Hello,  I have a quick question to ask regarding palpitations and how they feel for you. A little backstory: I have been weaning off Lexapro for about 4 months now, and was able to completely stop the medication for about 10 days before having to get back on due to withdrawal symptoms (severe dizziness,...

Last reply
  • Skipped heart beats

Hi I have been looking everywhere to find a forum to have a chat with people who might be suffering from the same feelings I’m having for the past 12 days. It’s a long story but for the past 12 days I have started to feel my heart skip beats on a regular basis. They can last anywhere between 5mins to...

Last reply
  • Blackout whilst driving

I've experienced palpitations occasionally over the last few years which last a few seconds and take my breath away. They have never bothered me. Yesterday I had been driving for a few minutes when I experienced a large palpitation which really took my breath away and caused me to blackout for a...

Last reply
  • Ectopic beats

Hello! I'm a 19 year old male with ectopic heartbeats and I plan on going to Amsterdam for a holiday. Since cannabis is legal there, I was thinking of trying it. Are there any health risks to me if I try it? Or am I more at risk if I just drink beer while I'm there?

Last reply
  • How do your PACs/PVCs feel?

Hey all, I've been having PACs and PVCs for about 5 years now, 21yo M who doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs (but I do have anxiety :p ) Anyway I wanted to talk to some people first hand about how theirs feels as I don't know anybody in real life who experiences these, so experiences would...

Last reply
  • Metoprolol Tartrate

Hey guys...So I had emergency cardiac surgery due to a large cardiac myxoma ​found in my right chamber in my heart..doctors said blocking about 80% of my blood flow. Post surgery I was put on 25mg of Metoprolol twice a day because I went into aflutter and had a couple tach issues the day after. about...

Last reply
  • I had an ablation but I still have some symptoms.

Hi everyone, I had my ablation on march 2nd 2018, the doctor told me it was successful but still he said I will have an xtra bit, This morning I felt like I couldn't breath for a second, I got scared and suddenly it starts the palpitations but it stops very fast, it seems like my heart will like...

Last reply
  • Ectopic Beat Diagnosis - Something more?

Hello all, I'm really hoping I can get some relief from this group. I'm a 37 year old male, with a history of ectopic heartbeat. Recently in the last 6 months or so, my ectopic problem seems to have got much worse. Going from a missed beat, and a thud now and then I can wake up and get strings...

Last reply
  • Heart feels weird.

Hi I’m 25 years old;  Freaking out my heart my stop suddenly.  I’m currently experiencing tingling/butterfly feeling on the left side of my chest for about 3 weeks now.  I have GAD- generalized anxiety disorder it’s  very  bad. Anxiety mostly centralized in health but it also...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.