Premature beats with other symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

For a year now I get premature beats that are sometimes followed by lightheadedness off and on and lately its been everyday throughout the day. Dr last year said my heart looked good and i just have anxiety. I just had an episode last night that truly scared me. I felt the flutter in my chest, I got lightheaded, then my heart started pounding thru my chest. This triggered me to panic and happened twice within 10 minutes. For the rest of the night I just had prebeats every half hour or so til i fell asleep along with slight nausea and achy shoulders which I'm attributing to anxiety and stepping out into cold air several times as it calms me. Anyone else experiencing flutters sometimes followed by lightheadedness sometimes followed by pounding heart?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes! They make me totally lightheaded. Sometimes short of breath too along

with a pounding in my head, neck.

I've been getting one pvc about every 10 beats. My heart also feels like

it is racing. I have been in some kind of episode of these for 4 days so far.

I have had this fluttering thing for like 30 years, very off and on. Never has

it gone on continuously this long. Totally scary . At this point of course i am totally

anxious and probably making it even worse. I actually feel better when i am standing up

moving around. Sitting down to try and relax really sucks cause i notice every single skip.

The ekg i had on monday just showed that they are indeed pvcs. I am

getting an echocardiogram tomorrow.

• Edited

hi! oh my gosh , i just saw your reply. yes, i did get the echo and it showed everything was normal besides the mitral valve prolapse i already knew about. So basically the cardiologist said it's nothing to worry about. That episode lasted about a week. I've been pretty well since then, no episodes of them until last week which landed me back on this forum to read about others again and not feel so alone, I feel the best when I'm moving around. Sitting still and trying to relax really makes them noticeable and annoying! And of course, anxiety provoking..

How are you?

• Posted

Hi! Glad to hear you had some relief. I had a bad spell last July that lasted for a few weeks and took about 3 months to fully go away. The only thing I can attribute it to is allergies (or maybe covid - although I've never tested positive). I am (hopefully) at the end of another shorter, milder spell right now. It wasn't as bad, I think, because I wasn't as anxious. Websites like this one are just gold. My doc said not to worry (heh) until I get more than 20,000 irregular beats in a day. I haven't come close to that since last July, but the toughest part truly is the anxiety. We can wait these out together!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.