Anybody have Ectopic beats post covid?

Posted , 8 users are following.

i am really suffering with ectopic heartbeats post COVID. They started 2 weeks after my infection, and 10 weeks later they are getting worse. Always on a morning after waking for 2-4 hours and then lots of episodes throughout the day. Dont get them when im laying down. I ve had a holter moniter for 48 hrs this week, but told i have to wait 6 weeks for the results, as i have an echocardiogram in a few weeks and they will compare results. These have really impeded my quality of life and starting i am to get depressed.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

that is exactly what happened to me ,,,I had Covid symptoms back in March 2020,, on the forth day I developed those debilitating Ectopics been to A&E that time and they have said I have got PVCs....I went private and got an Echocardiogram which the result was normal...had 7 days holter monitor which it came back PVCs...18 months down the line and never gone away been on and off all the time ..it disappeared for 3 months in the Summer and I started to forget about it and then 14 days ago it came back with vengeance..NHS been useless,,I have to wait months to get an appointment...but I have explanation of what caused it ...I have never ever complained about my heart before covid...living a healthy life and exercising regularly..

• Posted

NHS are quite bad, all because of COVID. i had about a week where i was just getting a few and now there worse than ever. Results say im in sinus rhythm while having these but im wearing another monitor for 6 days as they have got worse. i have Tried everything from upping my magnesium intake to exercising again and nothing helped. The letter from the results kind of hinted that there could be external factors causing these. They prob think its anxiety but its not. i know there from having COVID.

• Posted

some good days but mostly bad days . 5 Months on and still struggling. I cant have any medication because my HR is too low. At the end of my tether now.

• Posted

My husband had covid and for a year after was short of breath and had irregular heartbeats. Someone finally took an ekg and he waS in afib. His heart was beating only 30% capacity. He had a heart catherization , echo, 2 cardioversions and is now on medicine. The doctor feels it started with covid.

• Posted

its deffo COVID. really sorry to hear this. At least they have given him meds and hes had the tests. fingers crossed all goes well.

• Posted

Hi. I've had Covid Feb/Mar 2021 and got vaccinated (Moderna) in April/May. I started having PVCs in July. Now I have them at a rate of >20,000/day

• Posted

if you had Covid in Feb / March and you got the Ectopics in July so i dont think Covid itself caused it because you were fine for a few months after ..but it is possible the vaccine caused your Ectopics...iam pretty sure my Covid symptoms caused my Ectopics

• Posted

Hi, have you had an Echocardiogram and worn a monitor? Thats a really high burden that you are having.

• Posted

i think with this high number ,,you need to consider ablation..iam getting between 1000 to 2000 per day and it is driving me mad already

• Posted

Yes, as others have said, you are experiencing quite a high burden of PVCs. My PAC burden is extremely high. I average approximately 29,500 of them per day. I would also agree with Khaled01094 that it may be the mRNA vaccine that triggered the things in your case (based on the timing).

• Edited

i understand the feeling of depression because i get bad days and i feel very depressed,can,t wait for the day to end so i can sleep. i,ve had ectopics for 46 years but really get me down as i,ve got older.

• Posted

Sorry to hear about that ,,,it is really depressing...have you ever thought about ablation ?

• Posted

You are probebly stronger than you think. im only 4 months down and i am at the end of my tether, especiially when the docs say they can really do nothing but hope they go away.

• Edited

i was 28 when they started , i was frightened and thought i would die, i worked and brought up my 3 successful l children mostly alone. i did get depressed and was given an antidepressant which helped me greatly to accept these palpitations and get on with my life. The more we think about them the worse they become i think!i haven,t any advice to give you just hang on in there and they will improve.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.