Palpitations (PVCs) EVERYDAY!!!

Posted , 13 users are following.

Im 32 yo female, 3 kids, happily married, with wonderful job, my life is soooo good!! Soooo Why during the pregnancy of my 3rd (there was alot if stress at this time, selling house, buying a house, time frames, changing positions at work, etc) I was having these heart flutters randomly...told my OB and she said see a cardiologist...I told her I have had a random flutter here or there usually during a panic attack. Come to find out after EKG, ECHO, and 24 hr holter monitor, that there were PVCs happening not alot, but definitely showed up......Dr. told me your fine! However I have had these flutters/palpitations/PVCs almost everyday, some a stronger than others, and some are barely noticable. The other night it last so long that my husband laid his head on my chest and could hear my heart beibg crazy. Im going to go back to Dr., Im a mess all day everyday thinking Im going to go into cardiac arrest if it happens. Please help, feed back, suggestions!!!

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Dear Michelle

Sorry to hear about your concerns.

As far as I am aware pvc episodes are common and nearly all of us will experience them at some time. Some people on this forum have suffered them for many years.While it's no comfort to you that they may be common hopefully if your medical contacts can assure you your heart is healthy that can ease your mind a little.

Best of luck.

Gap

Report Reply
  • Posted

I suffer with anxiety and although my attacks are random and few, I suffer the similar affects as your good self. Oh, and with all the trimmings that come along with it to. I've had a X-ray, bloods an ECG, kept in hospital overnight only to be told my heart is fine and be on your merry way.

Anxiety is soul destroying and if you let it can ruin , if not control your life. My symptoms more or less mirror yours, sometimes I get a sense of dread wash over me. Then I know I'm going to have an attack, I suddely go quiet, withdrawn, them my heart starts racing I then hyperventilate and then I'm all out of sorts. It lasts seconds though it does seem longer at the time but once it passes, I carry on as mormal. I get the flip flop sensation with my heart, I have dropped missed or skipped beats. Durind an attack my legs go weak and then (I don't mean to be rude) I pass wind loudly.

So, from what I have been told to what I've read and researched has put my mind at rest. Don't get me wrong it still frightens me, but I know it's nothing life threatening. Anxiety has 80% to do with your digestive system, it is NOT uncommon for the normal heart to drop miss or skip beats, these in fact are extra or premature beats, but its the pausr that is noticed.

I read somewhere maybe on here, a cardiologist said there is no such thing as a perfect heart, I was on 50mg sertralinefor Six months and it worked a treat, no attacks, I've come off them now somewhat Three months, and have had only One attack, I've just started doing the box breathing exercise when I'm relaxing and it helps. Also drinking water helps immensely. I'm sure if the Dr said your fine you surely are, but like me, coming on here really does help and put your mind at rest. These are great people on this forum and have far more experience on this matter and I'm sure one will come along with advise x

Report Reply
  • Posted

I know you are worried.. Ive been having the exact same thing except mine is all day and night. I have PAC and PVC. I have the Event Monitor on as I type this and it is my 4th day with it.. Ive had the same tests as you - I did the stress treadmill also and the echo cardiogram and the 24 hour holter. When I sit I feel it a lot and when I lay down it is really bad. It flips so much in my chest that it makes me cough. If I feel my pulse I can feel the skip "missing" beat. I cant feel my premature beats but I definatly feel the ones after. My doctor described it as "my heart if full of blood and has to push harder to get it all out due to the delay. I do notice that regular things cause me to feel a shortness of breath or maybe more accurately described in my throat. I feel like I need to breath deep. My doctor told me that this is all okay to live with. It took me a month to believe it. I dont think I want to live with the thumping because honestly it scares me. I have horses and I am very active and I do worry that it will just cramp up and have a heart attack. The treadmill did show that the premature beat went away as my heart rate went up but it did go up to 203! I am extremenly fit but I do know that my bpm spiks high when stressed with work. It also didnt come down for over 10 minutes.. everything else is normal so to speak. I have really low bp. In fact mine was 87/66 this moring so Beta blockers are not an option for me. 

are you only feeling the flutter or do you have other symptoms? 

I read up about it when I was told Id have to live with it because honestly I didnt like that answer.. But it is true. thousands of people live with it and are okay...

Report Reply
    • Posted

Hi Rhosalina, did you get your results from the event monitor? I experience pvc's a lot sometimes when i have them they're every other beat.I stress so much about them... 

sad
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Hi there! I did. It showed I have PVC and PAC. He told me that this is 'normal' when I replied 'normal?!" he corrected himself and said it is not going to hurt me.. I do currently have the 30 day event monitor on. He said if it is too bothersome we can talk about beta blockers. But I cant take those as they reduce blood pressure and I already have super low blood pressure so that is not an option. The thumping in my chest finally subsided last week. Nothing has changed in my life so Im not sure why those would stop but I am glad they did. I do still have high BPM when I do things. Are you having any other symptoms? I am like you with the worry. and it has taken me a couple months to get used to the idea of this PVC/PAC. My recommendation to you is realize it is "livable" and isnt going to hurt you. My doctor had me buy salt pills 2grams a day which I got on amazon, drink one large gatoraide and 60 oz of water daily. I have a hard time drinking all that but I do think it has helped. Let me know what your symptoms are.. 

Report Reply
  • Posted

I get them everyday too! Hate them they scare me. Tomorrow going for an Echo. They say if I have a normal heart they will not harm you. They harm me mentally. I have had lots of heart tests, I am 65 , have had these skips since in 20's but not this often. Maybe you shot get a Holter monitor or echo to see if your heart is structured good. They say as long as it is you are not in danger. ( My mind does not except that whenever I get a big Thump) I hope you let me know how you are doing!! ? Sisters at heart. Try not worry, it only makes them worse! Take care Mabel27

Report Reply
  • Posted

Hello everyone, 

I am new to this forum, but stumbled across it as I cannot sleep. I just turned 39 last month, I own a show stable (jumpers), and am very fit. I have good/average bp most often....I also have a resting heart rate of 40-46 and sleeping rate of 35-39.

Tomorrow, I am headed in to have a heart monitor implanted. I am a single mom and I'm petrified of my own heart. 

Prior to all of this, and in the past, I have battled with severe anxiety, nearly dehabilitating at times, and with that I get palpitations.  My anxiety and persistence is the reason the cardiologist is doing the implant tomorrow. I have had a stress test, echocardiogram, and a half dozen ekg's. The cardiologist said that in paper, there is nothing wrong. However, my low heart rate is reason to investigate. I have had no symptoms (fainting, dizziness), until I found out just how low my resting heart rate really is. Now, I am unable to tell what is "real"

And what is anxiety. I have been so scared over this situation, I have lost 15lbs in 3 weeks. 

As I type I get palpitations. I have also noticed that when I talk to people lately, especially if it is exciting or sad (any emotion really), I get palpitations. Also lately, have a bouncing heart when i rest and start to key into my body-which isn't hard at this point. I've become vigilant and fear consumed. 

I have a Kardia, which in theory was a brilliant suggestion made by my primary. He suggested it to ease my mind. Unfortunately, it does the opposite as it will not recognize anyone with bradycardia (50bpm or lower). I find I'm taking my oxygen level and checking my pulse often. Too often. The cardiologist has asked that I take daily bp now as well. 

I apologize for this long winded post. I'm afraid.  Thank you for anyone who has made the time to read this. 

Report Reply
    • Posted

Hi Annie, I only have a min.But I want to tell you, I had the same, low heart rate at night, skips, .then got the implantable monitor. After 6 months they found out I was having heart pauses. Now, that can be dangerous, you could pass out driving, fall break a hip etc. I got a pacemaker in Dec. Feeling much safer, knowing the Heart cannot go below 60 and no heart pauses. I had Sick Sinus Syndrome.They will find out what is going on now.Don't worry!! Let me know if I can help you!! Hugs, and may you stay in normal rhythm!! Mabel

Report Reply
  • Posted

Hi, I know this discussion is about a year old, but I just wanted to let you know that I, too have been experiencing PVCs all day and night. It started 12 days ago and it has been non stop ever since. I went to the ER a week ago and they did EKG, blood, chest x Ray, and everything came back normal. My potassium was a little low (3.2). They released me with palpitations for unknown reasons and told me to follow up with a cardiologist and my GP. I went to my GP and told him what was going on and he did an EKG or ECG and it was normal, although it was just 6 seconds. He put me on Bystolic 5mg. I took 1 pill and it lowered my BP a lot but did not help with palpitations. So a couple of days later I’m just constantly crying because I can’t stand it so I go back to another (better) ER. They did the same work up and diagnosed me with PVCs for unknown reasons. They put me on a new medicine that isn’t supposed to lower BP but helps to lower heart rate. I have an appointment in a week to wear the holter monitor and see a cardiologist. I asked the last ER doc if this could be for the rest of my life and he said it very well could be. I just don’t see how that can be good for the heart. I’m hoping the cardiologist will be able to tell me more. 
    Report Reply
    • Posted

Jeraga, you need to go to a Rythmn Heart Dr. There they can give you a holter monitor to see how long and what kind of palps you are getting. They then can help you with the right kind of meds or and ablation if you are having so many that will weaken the heart. ( trust me this is very very rare! dont worry ) Go look at DR. Sanjay Guptas videos on ytube. He has all kinds of videos that will help you calm down till you see the Dr. . He is wonderful he is a Cardiologist in York England. He has helped me so much. I have had them for 45 years and I am 66 . I dont get them as much as you but I do get them nearly every day! And they still bother me. Please, don't listen to that ER dr. They are not Electrophisologist's !! That is the heart Dr. you need. Look up a good one on Health Grades if you live in US . There they rate them and have reviews from real people!! Find one that is kind and listens to you~ Hang in there~ But don't accept that you will feel this way forever. It can be frustrating and scary I know. Also, On face book., there is a group for people who have benign pvc,s palps . They can reassure you alot . They have had everything and done everything with these pesky things. Go join up!!! Hugs and God bless you!! Mable Hope to see you on Facebook!!

Report Reply
    • Posted

Thank you Mabel27 for responding. I do have an appointment next week for the holter monitor. I actually just called to see if they could move my appointment up, but they couldn’t. I get the holter the 16th,  and see a cardiologist the 26th. I’ve heard a lot of good things about the cardiologist I’ll be seeing, so I hope they’ll be able to help me. 
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Hi, this is happening to me right now as well. I just had an ekg, 48-hour holter monitor, and have an echocardiogram scheduled this week. So far everything is diagnosed as pvcs and normal. I’m a teacher, and it’s so hard to teach with my heart flopping in my chest.  It goes on about every other beat for many hours and days on end. It only subsides when I lay down and relax, which of course I can’t do at school. It’s been hard. I’m trying everything- diet, meditation, yoga...  good luck to all of us. 
      Report Reply
    • Posted

caseyfiddle

your symptoms sound exactly like mine. this has been happening to me for 3 months. laying down is the only relief i get. have you had any luck figuring any of this out?

Report Reply
    • Posted

Same here mine are lasting for 12 days now - I can't take it anymore. They are so much better when I lay down or exercise. My 24 hour monitor said I had 1100 for the day. So crazy! They make me feel light headed and I can't take it anymore. Anyone find any relief?

Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up