How many of you have had an ablation?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was having 4000 PVCs a day about 4 years ago. My electrophysiologist said he would do an ablation. I was symptomatic like everyone here and decided to do it. I was still having a few here and there but no big deal. Then, several months ago I started feeling them come back with a vengence and went back to the cardiologist thinking they had come back and had echo again and Holter monitor. It turns out I was only having 40 PVCs a day and the new issue was PACs, which feel pretty much the same to me. I have never really had PACs before that I know of so I find it odd I'm having almost the exact same amount that I had of the PVCs a few years ago. I'm more afraid of these than I was the PVCs. I'm so worried it will turn into a more serious abnormal rhythm. He told me they don't really do ablations for PACs but didn't really tell me why. If I could get one I absolutely would. I can't stand living like this again. I thought I was over all of this just to have it come back as something else now. Ugh! I'm afraid, like others here, to do much of anything. I can feel several in a row a lot of the time. It's just insane.

Have any of you had an ablation and had them come back or get a new kind of abnormal rhythm?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.