Heart CT score high. Freaking out

Posted , 1 user is following.

Holy crap, had some chest pain while working(as a Paramedic) and thought i was having an MI. Emerge found nothing of acute natural but recommended my to the heart clinic. I'm 51 male and run alot even though i smoke...weird i know. No family history and have always had high LDL since my early 20s. i also have severe anxiety and previous substance abuse history. Did stress test(pass), ECG(pass), Holter(pass), heart ultrasound( both ventricles slight dilation but valves and pump action all normal) nuclear CT heart teat(areas of decreased circulation) which led to a heart heart CT Angiogram with contrast which came back with 20-30% blockage in multiple arteries but the big one was the calcium score was 1200!!!!! my heart is literally turn into a bone. i'm so f'k s scared. i pick up heart attacks everyday at work. cardiologist said the plagues are stable and is in no rush to take immediate action. I'm on a statin, ASA and betablocker . my cardiologist doesn't seem overly concerned. FML

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.