amiodipine 10mg

Posted , 12 users are following.

my blood plessure been going up after trying a few different medications 

he add amiodipine 10mg i been on it for a month now i notice only my left foot and ankle are swelling up. and today i was very tired i couldn't even go for a walk just curious can omiodpine cause swelling in one ankle and foot.

what should i do stop it on my own or  wait for my doctor to tell me what to do

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Michael

I had a similar reaction to your self but let it get to far. I ended up with both califs and ankles very swollen. Then a Eczema type rash started to appear on my left ankle and spread up my left leg, I like you ended up not being able to walk.

Against all advice I just stop the taking Amlodipine 5mg, I did have a bit of a reaction but I had only been taking Amlodipne for eight weeks so it wasn’t like someone being on them for a longer period.

My GP replaced the Amlodipine with Losartan 50mg and Flrosemide 40mg (water tablets) to try and get rid of the swelling in my legs.

My right leg has reduced down to normal size , but my left leg has reduced to about 50% of its normal size.

Recently I've had Atorvastatin 20mg added to the mix of medication I am taking, which my GP doesn’t believe is causing a tight mussel feeling in both my ankles.

My cholesterol levels have always been between 3.8 and 4.8 throughout my life time, As its not known what my cholesterol reading is now, so I don’t know why I have been given them.

Four months ago my blood pressure was 180/100 now is 130/80 but GP is still not happy

Anyone else had problems with Statins?

• Posted

GET OFF OF THAT STUFF NOW.

TOOK ME 6 MONTHS TO RECOVER.

LATER ANOTHER DOCTOR PUT ME ON LISINOPRIL.

STILL NOT RECOVERED.

MESSED UP MY MIND BIG TIME.

• Posted

Yes I had terrible leg pains at night, unable to sleep and frequent trips to the bathroom. I was on Lisinoprill and ended up at A&E with a swollen mouth and tongue, the consultant said he had seen many problems with Lisinoprill including allergies and nasty coughs.
  • Posted

The Ask Now website dates the entry '2 years ago'.  There's mention of the ban on the British Heart Foundation webpage, from a patient, dated July 7 2013.  She said, 'However, I had some very unpleasant reactions to this medication and can understand why it is banned in Holland.'   I might email the BJF direct and ask them.
  • Posted

Just saw your ur posting as I am a newbie to these forums.

i should hope by now that you have seeked medical advice and had your medication changed.

when I was initially prescribed this medication my GP specifically told me to discontinue and see him for a change in medication.

yes these are side effects..of fluid retention are amongst many.

some people are ok on this drug.

hope your good now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.