Amiodorone and afib

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was put on amiodorone 5 years ago do to afib. I started at 400 mil a day and ended up on a half a pill every other day. I exercise and eat well and very physically active. Aftr drinking two diet cokes on saturday sunday morning woke up in afib. Its minor no heart racing but heart is skipping and adding beats. The doctor told me to take 400 ml for 4 days and it should kick it back in. This is day three and not completely in yet. Does anyone know how long it takes it to actually put you back in or does it?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Also has anyone got acid reflux or a feling that you ned to burp in your chest from this pill?
  • Posted

I was told that it wasn't so great at stopping the A-fib, but that it was pretty good at keeping you out of it.  I started amio 3 months ago for other reasons, but after a cardioversion I've been A-fib free. Hopefully it lasts.  You might ask if your 100 mg per day might be too low, now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.