Amitriptyline 180mg withdrawal

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive come off 180 amitriptyline over a month, ive been off for 10 days straight now. ive been on this medication 16 years but ive had to do this drastic withdrawel as i had my thyroid removed and the levothyroxine and amitriptylind didnt mix and i got very ill. ive been VERY surprised at how ive coped coming off it, I thought id be a mess tbh however im having very bad nsusea syptoms and flu like symptoms etc , has anyone else had this or can advise how theyve coped.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

nausea and upset stomach is normal withdrawal from this med.

• Posted

thanks ! nausea has been the worst this is my second week off of it and nsusea is worse than last week ..thanks for the feedback

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.