Amitriptyline

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have really painful osteoarthritis and I am on 12 hour slow release Tramadol and 60mg Ibuprofen.Can someone let me know if they have taken Amitriptyline along with this?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I took this drug shortly in the very early year of FM dx, it did nothing, so off it and take all supps for OA and 400mg ibuprofen most days 3 times per day and most days an herbal pain supp when I don't want to take higher dose of ibuprofen and make sure I "live on" dgl for stomach protection, it's also a licorice supplement.....joy
    • Posted

hi Joy Thanks for your reply. I am on Lansoprosole to help stomach when I take the ibuprofen. I do try to not take them everyday but last couple of days have been really bad I am going to see rhumy on 10th of Dec and will discuss another steroid injection or as hopeforacure suggested biologics.
  • Posted

I tried it along with Tramadol and anti inflam drugs it Amitriptyine gave me horrible migraines.

thats just me.. There r many side effects we don't know weather they will help us or cause side effects until we try them.. 

I am very sorry u suffer from OA. I do as well and sympathize with the pain.

Have u talked to UR rhumy about biologicals that targets & blocks the pathways the body sends antibodies to destroy our own healthy joints that causes the inflammation and pain?

• Posted

I forgot to add that my dr reminded me that taking ibuprofen on a daiiy basis can cause a vein to rupture in the intestines as the pill gets into a fold in the intestines and melts and wears thru a vein.

This happened to my mother. She was loosing blood and they finally had her swallow a camera pill which records the whole digestive system & found the vein leak and carterized it. 

So be very careful how much u take UR doc can give u other meds or recommend some others for u that do not have a high risk after yrs of ibuprofen does. 

• Posted

Hi thanks for the reply. I am due to see rhumy on 10th Dec and I will ask him about boilogics.
  • Posted

yep i did ,and still do take the amitripline this drug was given to me for pain , it suits me but it doesnt make me sleepy ,
    • Posted

snap , with the not sleepy 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.