Amitriptyline

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was prescribed Amitriptyline 10 MG for post concussion headache. Anyone else?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't take it for the same reason as you do (I use it to help me sleep) I am also on a 10mg dose, not sure how long you have been on it but if your new to it give it a chance, there are side effects as with any medication I have been lucky that the only thing to affect me has been a dry mouth but that just means I drink a lot more water and is pretty easy to live with it does also make you drowsy but that works in my favour as it the reason I take it, I take it at night.

I was originally on a higher dose but my current doc has reduced it and it still works fine for me.

• Posted

I appreciate the information, but it is leaving me emotionless. Also, side effect is headache, so is it helping post concussion headache or prolonging it? Not thrilled with this med.
    • Posted

Maybe head back to your doctor and let them know your not having any improvement, like any medication its not for everyone. I have read on this forum of others that use it for pain related illnesses but its also an antidepressant aswell so its used for a range of things.
  • Posted

My daughter used it for that. Felt dreadful on it and was changed to pregabalun. That helped but withdrawal effects a bit like heroin withdrawal! She had injections in her head which worked for a while. She makes sure she drinks plenty and I mean plenty of water. That keeps the headaches to a bearable level. If she doesn't drink enough she is in a bad way. Good luck, it's a horrid thing to have

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.