Amitriptyline

Posted , 3 users are following.

if i try to wean off amitriptyline is it better to cut the dose in half or take it every other day? i am on 25 mg now and its been 3 weeks on it. i stopped it abruptly for ten days but was very nauseous and fatigued so i started taking it again. i am also on 100 mg if lyrica once a day

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It is best to lower the dose and keep taking it daily as that is what your body "expects".

If you're on 25mg/day, then drop to 20 mg/day for a week, then to 15 mg say for 5 days,

10 mg/day for 5 days etc.

Why are you on Lyrica?

• Edited

lyrica is for nerve pain and when i had a molar extracted i think the dentist hit a nerve with the novacaine

• Posted

yes I know about lyrica. It worked wonders from me when I had upper arm nerve pain. The thing I was told is that it can be highly addictive drug and while it works a treat, it's good to be off it asap.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.