Amitriptyline cold turkey

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi I have been on amitriptyline 75mg for 7 years a few months ago I started feeling like all my medication was going to interact and kill me so I stopped taking my amitriptyline and mirtazapine along with my bowel. Medication. I started having really bad panic attacks thinking it was a hear attack ring ambulances I was told to go back on all my medication witch I did and was OK for a month then got all the feelings again spoke to my doctor who said I'm on a cocktail of medication and dropped My amitriptyline to 50mg but 12 days ago I stopped my amitriptyline and mirtazapine 30mg for 9 days and then I could settle couldn't sleep so started my mirtazipine 30mg again then the next day had a panic attack so started my amitriptyline for 2 days but then I started getting really strong tightness in my chest and upper back so stopped my amitriptyline 50mg again Im still taking my mirtazipine for the last 5 days but stopped my amitriptyline but now I'm getting panic attacks all the times and got a really heavy pain in my chest and upper back and feel so dizzy I just want to no are the symptoms from quitting my amitriptyline or something else it is really worrying me thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.