Amitriptyline for dyspepsia

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone take for for dyspepsia? Good results? Bad? I was prescribed this and am afraid to take based on reviews (which you should never read, I know)

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I take amitriptyline for pain, not certain about dyspepsia, is that a type of indigestion.

• Posted

yes it is. Has it helped you? What kind of pain do you have?

• Posted

Ankle pain due to being diabetic, although it is controlled by diet, no medication.

I can take up to 20mg at night, I had no side effects, its a very low dose.

• Posted

sorry forgot to say it has helped a lot , I am pain free at night, I recently reduced to 10mg

I take omeprazole for indigestion, they stop the stomach making to much acid, I also have a hiatus hernia.

• Posted

I was just recently put on that medication for headaches and insomnia. Is helping me immensely. Only side effect I have is a little bit of dry mouth

• Posted

how much do you take? Dr is starting me on 10 mgs.

• Posted

I was also prescribed amytriptyline for dyspepsia. Obviously everyones body reacts differently to medications but for me even at the lowest dose it was terrible. I took it before bed as directed, woke up after sleeping 13 hours (normally I sleep 7 or 8) and still felt like a zombie who had pulled an allnighter. I started seeing patterns in the dark at night and thats when I had enough and stopped it entirely. While i was looking online to see if anyone else had the same effects I saw a ton about people trying to come off the pills and having a lot of issues with withdrawal effects too so thats just something to keep in mind. Not saying you shouldnt try it but just so you know the bad effects are certainly a possibility.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.